Pnd or not???

(6 Posts)
Bexmathews Tue 07-Jan-14 21:02:47

Hi, I can't believe I am typing this as this might actually mean that I have it. Firstly my dd is 20 weeks old so the initial shock of a new baby is behind me. I still get very teary most days, I don't look forward to spending the day alone with her. I try to make plans every day to visit friends or have visitors. I count the hours till husband comes home so I am not alone with dd. i love her so much that it makes me cry for feeling the way I do. She was very much a planned baby which makes me feel even more guilty for not basking in motherhood. She is a really good baby and I feel she deserves a mummy who enjoys spending time her her more .She has just got 2 teeth and is still very wingey during the day and is very clingy during the day. Does this sound like pnd or just normal mummy stuff ?

Mogz Tue 07-Jan-14 21:19:01

If your feelings are getting in the way of how you structure or act each day then do speak to someone in a professional capacity to get some help to feel better. Whether you get a label of PND, other depression or not, it is really important to talk it out, just chatting to someone who can offer some ideas can sometimes be a huge help.
Hope you feels lots better soon.

Bexmathews Fri 10-Jan-14 10:57:45

Thanks for your reply, I have health visitor coming round next week so will chat with her smile

Headlikeafuckingorange Mon 13-Jan-14 09:27:57

Hi Bex, my dd is 19 weeks and I feel the same. Just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. I hope your hv can offer some extra support. How are you feeling today? I always find Mondays tough after having dp around all weekend!

Katiejon Mon 13-Jan-14 22:09:26

I know exactly how u feel.
I was like that with dd now 5, similar with ds 2 months, so I have an ap, partly for housework and childcare but also for company.
Contact homestart, which is a befriending service.

Bexmathews Thu 16-Jan-14 21:37:13

Thankyou ladies, I do feel better this week. I know what you mean about Mondays being worse. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now