I hate this feeling, hope it will get better soon and I feel normal again?!

(16 Posts)
teawomen Mon 25-Nov-13 12:21:09

How are you feeling Becky? Have you been to docs?

Becky1987 Wed 20-Nov-13 11:30:27

Really, i hope im given that. Thankyou x

peachypips Wed 20-Nov-13 10:06:20

Yes it does. Brilliant for both. You feel rough for about 10 days then start to get better until you are back to normal. Brilliant.

Becky1987 Wed 20-Nov-13 07:26:36

Does that help for depression and anxiety because i know i have both? X

peachypips Tue 19-Nov-13 22:51:19

If your GP isn't clued up on anxiety disorders you may need to ask for the Sertraline- save a lot of time rather than trying what they give you and then changing! I have a bit of experience now with it all and do some work with the NHS and peri-natal mental health stuff- Sertraline is what the psychs would always prescribe for anxiety rather than depression.

I promise you that very soon you will be feeling better- everyone recovers from PND. Xxx looking forward to hearing what happens and thinking of you

teawomen Tue 19-Nov-13 20:41:29

I tried others before the in ally having the sertraline so don't loose hope if it doesn't work for you.

Becky1987 Tue 19-Nov-13 19:35:32

So your both on the same thing then, maybe thats what ill be put on. Im exactly the same, i can get in the car with my mom to the shop and not get out and i will be okay, as soon as i step out it starts and i feel dizzy like im going to pass out, clammy hands and just the need to get home. Glad you r both ok and getting there now, it really gives me hope too. Thanks for responding to me, its helped me when i feel like no one at all could ever understand. I will reply on here to let you know how i get on x x

teawomen Tue 19-Nov-13 18:12:48

You sound very similar to myself. I got to the point where I couldn't go to shop up the road without having a full blown panic attack.

Sertraline is what I am currently on and it really is working for me. I also has talking therapies which have help me immensely learning different strategies to cope. I have read a lot of books lately, that's helped. I was missing out on enjoying our time together. Of all people I became the quiet reserved one n that has never been me. Good luck let us know how get on.

peachypips Tue 19-Nov-13 17:54:29

Absolutely the anxiety goes away on the meds! That was my main symptom. Ask for Sertraline. It is the best for anxiety.

It is hard to believe that they will work but they absolutely do! Look forward to feeling well in a few weeks x

Becky1987 Tue 19-Nov-13 16:31:54

Hiya, when i think back mine started when i was pregnant too, in the end i didnt go out as id start feeling panicky whenever i did and thought maybe it was just part of my diabetes and that i needed to eat. Now this is just worse to the point i dont go anywhere, its so hard to believe a tablet is going to take it away but i really hope it does. 70% better would be so good for me, at least when ive seen my doc and im given something the only way can be up and forward surely. I just want to do normal everyday things and feel normal and happy. This should be the happiest time when ive just had a baby but i never thought i was going to be like this. Keep wanting to feel like everyone else and just snap out of it but i cant. Thanks for your msg x

teawomen Tue 19-Nov-13 15:12:50

Just seen you've made an appointment. Yes to the panic going away I think you accept it and learn how to manage it. Since starting on the meds I've had much much less panicky feeling. Had two or three bad days but that's amazing to everyday.

teawomen Tue 19-Nov-13 15:11:04

Hi, so sorry your having a rough time. I have anxiety however I think it started when I was pregnant. I gave birth an everything was fine then when dd was 6 month (shes1 now) u got horrendous anxiety. I was given medication (which I assume can be used for depression) and four weeks on I feel 70% better. Good luck. Have I seen gp?

Becky1987 Tue 19-Nov-13 14:41:29

Thank you both. I can relate to what youre saying. Yday i just thought if i die someone will have to help and theyll have to look after him for me. Not that i want to die and all i want most is to be able to cope myself. Do u know if anti depressents will take away the anxiety too? Its good knowing that people have got through this and helps me to realize that i will be myself again one day x

peachypips Tue 19-Nov-13 13:53:22

Panic and anxiety are the most common symptoms of PND. I felt like I had made a terrible mistake having children and that I wanted to jump out of the window- not to kill myself but to hurt myself badly enough that I wouldn't have to look after my baby.

I was terrified of being left alone with the baby and I thought I would never be able to cope. I took a course of antidepressants and was miraculously zapped back to normal! Completely recovered, loving being a mum, very active and happy.

Antidepressants will take this away and you will feel normal again after about 6 weeks tops. Don't waste any more time not enjoying your baby- you will get better very quickly if you go to the docs!

spanky2 Tue 19-Nov-13 13:45:37

I felt exhausted and afraid . I had depression . I went on anti depressants and abit further down the line had cbt . When the anti depressants started working it takes a few weeks I felt like I had got my life back . It is amazing to look back and realise how far I have come . Be honest with the doctor . It isn't easy but it is worth it. You are doing the hardest thing realising that you are not well.thanks

Becky1987 Tue 19-Nov-13 13:38:27

I had my baby nearly 4 weeks ago and I love him to bits. I just know there is something wrong with me though. I hate being alone but only feel like I want to be with people im really comfortable around mainly my boyfriend or mom. I feel like i cant cope but just get on with looking after my son as there is no other option and it has to be done. I break down in tears all the time and feel like it will never stop. I cant take my baby out as i have what i feel is panic attacks any time i go out in public. I dread the morning when my boyfriend goes to work for 12 hours and when i know ill be all alone for the day with a baby to deal with. My boyfriend seems to be so good with him and my baby settles straight away every time he feeds him. Not with me though, i just feel like im doing something wrong. All i want is to be normal again and be able to take him out without this panic happening. I have a docs appt booked but just want to know did anyone else feel this panic too and did it go away ever? What tablets did u have if any? Im so sure this is postnatel depression, its just horrible and feel like im the only person in the world in this horrid situation sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now