Side effects of sertraline

(4 Posts)
fairy1303 Fri 27-Sep-13 19:29:19

Have taken big step and accepted anti-Ds after things have spiralled downhill.

Googled side effects and terrified myself.

Can someone give me reassurance that I won't have to be on these forever and they will work? Rambling but I feel anxious!

mrsannekins Fri 27-Sep-13 19:35:37

Hi Fairy, Don't worry, you've take a big step forwards accepting that you need help. That's the hardest part, it really is.

Next, step away from google. You'll scare yourself stupid and stop doing the things that can make you better.

For now, be very kind to yourself, eat well, get out in the fresh air at least once a day, and try and sleep (often easier said than done).

I'm still on my journey, I was diagnosed with PND 19 months ago and have been on sertraline since, and I won't deny that its been hard. But you can make steady progress to getting better, it is slow, and you will have ups and downs. Are you able to access any counselling? I found one of the hardest things was opening up and talking to people about how I felt, and having a stranger to talk to seemed to open the flood gates.

There are lots of us out there, please feel free to PM me if you like.

I had a bit of nausea and dizziness (not too bad at all) for a week or two, and then after about 3-4 the depression lifted and I felt brilliant. Go for it - it could do wonders. xx

3-4 weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now