Becoming desperate and feeling alone

(5 Posts)
wendywoo26 Tue 09-Jul-13 16:03:35

Hi, I have an one year and her constant crying for attention is becoming too much. I became a lone parent since seperating from my husband and moved to a less desirable area.
My daughter suffered Colic from birth and never seemed to get over it until she started weaning. I'm finding when she is unwell and wants constant attention too much to handle especially today as it is day 4 of a tummy bug. I returned to full time work 2 months early because I needed a break from her, it's very hard caring for a very demanding baby. I absolutely adore her but after an afternoon of constant demands for attention I find I begin to lose my patience and raise my voice to her, usually saying stop it or why don't you ever stop.. She is my first child and probably my last ( 2 miscarriages and now being divorced).
I know some of you may suggest speaking to my GP, yes I have and they put me on medication which made me feel worse not forgetting the side effects.
Ihave no friends locally and no family in London

TheFallenNinja Tue 09-Jul-13 16:05:47

Your never alone in mumsnet, I'm sure everyone will be along shortly.

Hang in there. smile

Susie888 Tue 09-Jul-13 17:11:33

Hi Wendy, so sorry to hear about your situation. It can't be easy being a lone parent, especially in London. With your situation I bet you don't get much time for yourself. I have been in a situation previously (non pregnancy related) where I have been on medication and thought it was not helpful. Do you think talking to a trained professional might help? I know this is probably easier said than done in London but do you feel like you could approach your GP again (sorry if thats not what you want to hear) and ask whether counseling or CBT is an option? It might help, it might help, just a suggestion. You have made the first step in reaching out. If you get a chance there are a fair few similar posts from people struggling so please don't think you are alone feeling like you do because it is very unlikely that that is the case.

Another option could be to seek private counseling but that could be expensive so I understand is not an option for everyone. That way though I don't think you would need to speak to your GP about it if you didn't want although I met with a counselor and they did ask for my GPs details so maybe they do contact them in what they think is an emergency.

TheFallenNinja Wed 10-Jul-13 09:02:25

I'll give this a quick bump, I think it deserves a bit more attention.

Hope today is better

Chottie Sun 14-Jul-13 14:24:40

another bump from me..... I hope things are a little easier......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now