Would it be possible that I am suffering pnd but haven't been diagnosed?

(5 Posts)
Lucyellensmum95 Tue 26-Feb-13 20:21:55

I had missed pnd that wasn't diagnosed until DD was 2.5. Definately get some help - i didn't think i had a problem, i thought i had problem(s) and i did but i blew them wayyyyy out of proportion

I will try booking an appointment with my gp, I tried today but they were fully booked,

I can't go on like that, I have even withdrawn myself from seeing friends recently, which I would have never done before, so I don't think this will stop by itself

I must have been ignoring it for too long

stargirl1701 Tue 26-Feb-13 19:48:26

Could it be post natal anxiety? I'm going for an assessment of PNA next week. GP doesn't thinks it's PND.

It is possible yes, and I'm sure the Dr would take you seriously. Whether it's PND or just 'ordinary' depression isn't that important really - you're not yourself and the anxiety, loss of social confidence and loss of libido all suggest you need help that they will be able to give you in some form.

I'd write down all the ways you aren't feeling like yourself any more, book a double appointment and see what your GP says.

My dd is nearly 17 months old which is why I am not sure I should go to the dr.

Since dd was born I have had good days and bad ones,

I am becoming more and more anxious about things related to dd.

I have lost all my confidence but put on a brave face in front of people,

I need constant reassurance from dp, he is being great about it but agreed with me last night that I am not the same I used to be since dd is born, it is like if I live my life through her.

I have lost all interest in sex, which again dp is being great about.

I have never spoken to the dr or hv about it, but after a discussion with dp last night, I am starting to think that maybe I should.

But because of dd's age I am scared the dr won't take me seriously.

Has someone been in a similar situation before?

I

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now