Pnd?

(4 Posts)
DuckWaddle Tue 05-Feb-13 20:12:00

I think I have pnd. I have a 4mo dd who is a difficult baby- big crier, bad sleeper etc. I had lots of physical problems post birth which limited what I could do but even though it was tough I didn't feel depressed. In the last few weeks I've suddenly felt very low and can't sleep. I wake up and cry because I feel very alone with it. I've never been depressed before so not sure if I do have pnd. Why would it come on now? I'm not sure if it's worth seeing a doc though as I can't take anti depressants (allergy) so is there anything else they can do? To be honest I find admitting there is a problem hard.

peanutdream Tue 05-Feb-13 21:49:12

Hi DuckWaddle, I'm sorry u are having such a low time - sounds horrible to wake up crying sad. Its terrible feeling so low about things, and the lack of sleep won't be helping.

Have you got a husband or partner you could ask for direct support to give you a break? Then do something good for yourself - go for a massage/do a gentle exercise class or something. Or is it more than that - it might help to talk about it to someone? Another mum at your stage that you can confide in?

peanutdream Tue 05-Feb-13 21:51:03

Or can someone take over so you can sleep?? Even if its during the day. Sometimes sleep begets sleep!

Caronline Wed 06-Feb-13 21:33:12

Hello I think a visit to the doctor is worth it even if you cant take AD's - they might be able to help in another way. I was referred for counselling and this helped me. Sorry you are feeling this way xxxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now