Suffering from PTSD almost 11 months on

(4 Posts)
TingTongsSista Thu 06-Sep-12 20:32:06

Sorry I don't remember - by pinpointing specific things I remember I would say 12-18 months, and sadly she is now ex-SIL so not in a position to ask. I think she may not have started counselling until after the notes came (which I know was the week of my nephews first birthday)

acsr1987 Tue 04-Sep-12 22:53:00

thanks, im sorry about your SIL, if you dont mind me asking how long did she go and see a counceller for? my therapy is coming to an end and i dont think im ready to stop yet

TingTongsSista Tue 04-Sep-12 20:04:15

I haven't but my SIL has. Following my nephews birth, she had a panic atack when the notes of her delivery arrived at her home, and also when she received the report which was a bit better than you received...but not much.

She kept going the coiunselling (don't know if it was CBT) and had another baby five years after No.1

acsr1987 Tue 04-Sep-12 07:15:38

i had a very traumatic birth which could of been avoided (or at least lessened with better staff). i have been in intensive CBT since my son was 16 weeks old he is now almost 11 months. i was "getting there" and i made a complaint to the hospital, however yesterday i got the report back and apart from the fact it has made me out to be a bare faced liar it has put me right back to square one in regards to my mental health.
i was wondering if there were any mothers out there who are in a simmilar position to myself, and that have made a complaint and alligations to the hospital?
thanks very much x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now