Suffering from PTSD almost 11 months on

(4 Posts)
acsr1987 Tue 04-Sep-12 07:15:38

i had a very traumatic birth which could of been avoided (or at least lessened with better staff). i have been in intensive CBT since my son was 16 weeks old he is now almost 11 months. i was "getting there" and i made a complaint to the hospital, however yesterday i got the report back and apart from the fact it has made me out to be a bare faced liar it has put me right back to square one in regards to my mental health.
i was wondering if there were any mothers out there who are in a simmilar position to myself, and that have made a complaint and alligations to the hospital?
thanks very much x

TingTongsSista Tue 04-Sep-12 20:04:15

I haven't but my SIL has. Following my nephews birth, she had a panic atack when the notes of her delivery arrived at her home, and also when she received the report which was a bit better than you received...but not much.

She kept going the coiunselling (don't know if it was CBT) and had another baby five years after No.1

acsr1987 Tue 04-Sep-12 22:53:00

thanks, im sorry about your SIL, if you dont mind me asking how long did she go and see a counceller for? my therapy is coming to an end and i dont think im ready to stop yet

TingTongsSista Thu 06-Sep-12 20:32:06

Sorry I don't remember - by pinpointing specific things I remember I would say 12-18 months, and sadly she is now ex-SIL so not in a position to ask. I think she may not have started counselling until after the notes came (which I know was the week of my nephews first birthday)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now