Best friend ill as can be and living overseas....advice please

(4 Posts)
Auntyarms Sat 11-Aug-12 21:51:27

Thanks for your replies.

No, sadly she is in no state to talk to anyone and more - good idea, will get the children and I to start making things tomorrow.

I agree that I would be in the way too...

kilmuir Sat 11-Aug-12 21:31:55

Have you managed to talk to your friend

more Sat 11-Aug-12 21:31:33

You would probably be "in the way" anyway if you went over, if her/his family are all going over to help them. However I would have loved (when I was in hospital for surgery), to have had letters, pictures, emails, little presents from home to show that you are thinking of her.

Auntyarms Sat 11-Aug-12 21:27:19

Am in shock.

Today I learned that one of my closest friends ever has a brain tumour and its looking awful. She is having surgery on Monday to try and remove it, the docs will know more then - the big big question..benign or malignant. Without surgery she has been given only weeks to live.

Said friend lives a long way overseas now with her husband and 3 children. He seems to have it all in hand and his family are on their way over too. My lovely friend and I go back so far together and we are in every chapter of each others lives in a big way, my cab even stopped to collect her on our way to my wedding!

My question is - what the frig can I do? All the family here in the UK are surrounded by people - I did of course write to them to say anything I can do, etc but of course there isn't anything - I guess thats my problem.

I have two children myself so am useless to plane hop just now, I will go of course after and if its appropriate.

Does anyone have any words of advice? Things I can do - not that actually I have been able to do anything today - just cacooning with my children.

Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now