Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due October 08 - The transitional thread.

(599 Posts)

BIRTHS
14th Sept (Due 14th Oct) - twinklytoes - Boy - Samuel - 7lbs 4.5oz - Em C-Sec due to grade 4 PP.
16th Sept (Due 8th Oct) - Ksal - Girl - Emma Rae - 6lbs - Just beat induction for PE!
20th Sept (Due 8th Oct) - kookiegoddess - Girl - Reya Marie - - Induction due to OC, epidural, 3rd degree tear.
21st Sept (Due 5th Oct) - myjobismum - Girl - Naomi Caitlin - 5lbs 10oz - Fast and furious hospital birth.
22nd Sept (Due 10th Oct) - Lozza70 - Boy - Sander Gene - 7lbs 5oz - Em C-Sec due to raised BP and high ALTs from liver.
27th Sept (Due 1st Oct) - accessorizequeen - Boy twin - Felix - 6lbs 8oz -
27th Sept (Due 1st Oct) - accessorizequeen - Girl twin - Bridget - 7lbs 7oz -
1st Oct (Due 29th Sept) - WombFor1More - Boy - Harvey James - 8lbs 13oz - Homebirth, no pain relief.
2nd Oct (Due 4th Oct) - annwoo - Boy - TBA - 8lbs 7oz - Amazing birth!
2nd Oct (Due 30th Sept) - sambrads - Girl - Brooke - 7lbs 9.5oz -
2nd Oct (Due 12th Oct) - star6 - Boy - Quinlan - 5lbs 15oz - 36hr labour, ventouse and stitches.
2nd Oct (Due 8th Oct) - Alexa808 - Girl - Tienette - - Planned c-sec
3rd Oct (Due 5th Oct) - rosebury - Boy - Austin - 9lbs 2oz - Delivered at home by dh!
3rd Oct (Due 6th Oct) - Bethoo - Girl - Maia - 7lbs -
3rd Oct (Due 6th Oct) - hoff - Boy - Oliver - -
3rd Oct (Due 19th Oct) - MrsTittleMouse - Girl - - -
4th Oct (Due 2nd Oct) - 1sttimer80 - Boy - - -
4th Oct (Due 30th Sept) - Aubergenie - Boy - Stanley - 7lbs 12oz -
5th Oct (Due 29th Sept) - plusonemore - Boy - Alfie Thomas - 8lbs - Induction, epidural
5th Oct (Due 2nd Oct) - MrsBish - Girl - Rachel - 8lbs 8oz -
5th Oct (Due 4th Oct) - hedgepig - Boy - Oliver - 6lbs 3oz -
7th Oct (Due 23rd Oct) - Emmsy1 - Girl - Amy Louise - 5lbs 12oz -
7th Oct (Due 2nd Oct) - snowymum - Boy - Rowan Michael - - Home water birth
8th Oct (Due 6th Oct) - ronshar - Boy - William Dexter - 7lbs 11oz -
8th Oct (Due 20th Oct) - 07mumstheword - Girl - Freya Mae - 7lbs 12oz -
8th Oct (Due 16th Oct) - moodywren - Boy - Hayden - 6lbs 9.5oz - Homebirth
9th Oct (Due 27th Sept) - Pidge - Boy - Arthur - 8lbs 14oz - Homebirth
10th Oct (Due 1st Oct) - CantSleepWontSleep - Boy - Duncan Elliot - 8lbs 4oz - 4 day induction with 1 hour established labour!
11th Oct (Due 3rd Oct) - usuallytooshytochat - Girl - Megan Leah - 8lbs 2oz - Homebirth with ambulance crew!
12th Oct (Due 4th Oct) - pistachio - Boy - Thomas Fraser - 10lbs 2oz - Homebirth.

LADIES IN WAITING
29th Sept perkypopsy first baby smile Surprise North Herts (Ware)
2nd mishkamoo first baby smile Surprise
4th minervaitalica first baby smile Surprise (unintentionally!)
7th belgo 2 dd's
10th emkay 1 dd Surprise West London (Queen Charlotte's and Chelsea)
10th pepperrabbit 2 ds's Surprise
11th heather1980 1 dd
12th milfakamonkeymonkeymoomoo 1 dd Boy Salisbury
13th YumMum22 1 ds Boy
14th tedmundo 1 ds Surprise Bristol (Southmead)
15th mum2jakeyroo 2 ds's Surprise Near Lancaster
16th bigmouthstrikesagain 1 ds 1 dd Girl Mid-Beds
16th WheresTheAuPair 1 ds Boy
19th rach010 1 ds Surprise (but dp knows!) Lincolnshire
20th AandMsmum 2 dd's Surprise Bristol
20th KnickersOnMaHead 1 dd Boy
20th jenwa 1 dd Girl Worcestershire
20th firsttimer08 first baby smile Boy Greenwich
21st hansnava 1 dd Surprise Luton c-section 21st October
21st rowanmac 1 ds Surprise North Scotland
21st caramelbunny 1 dd Surprise Manchester
21st GirlWithTheMouseyHair first baby smile Surprise (but written down in case of moment of weakness!) SW London (St Thomas)
22nd SmudgeyDoodle 1 ds Surprise Newcastle (Gateshead)
22nd pingviner Probably boy Glasgow
23rd Sallypuss first baby smile Probably girl Herts/Essex border
23rd ajm200 1 ds Girl Camberley, Surrey
24th sparklesandnowineforxxweeks 3 ds's 1 dd Surprise
25th Flum 2 dd's 5th June Wiltshire
26th 4andnotout 3 dd's Girl
27th beaufies first baby smile Boy c-section 17th Oct
29th Ekka 1 dd Surprise
29th Honeymoonmummy Girl
30th Jambers99 1 ds Girl NW London (Hillingdon)

mybabysinthegarden Tue 14-Oct-08 06:40:28

Nice to see another early bird!

Usually my dd1 was like this for the first few days-- take advantage because if your dd is anything like mine, the peace and quiet doesn't last long! I was concerned about lack of wet nappies too but the mw advised me to take the one I'd taken off and weigh it in my hand compared to an unused one-- if they're really absorbent it can be hard to tell just by looking but you can feel by the difference in weight if she's wet it.

nuclear Tue 14-Oct-08 10:15:08

think it is a full moon tonight - will wait with baited breath to see if it helps me hmm

pingviner Tue 14-Oct-08 13:11:31

Finally saw consultant! and its all go for the not-so-small penguin...

(weight estimated at over 4kg at 38 weeks, my height less than 5ft, family history of difficult births/trauma/dystocia)

but on the plus side - head fully engaged, position good at present, cervix anterior & 1-2cm dilated already so its all pretty favourable for NVD at the moment
just had membranes sweep but am booked for induction Thurs/Friday if that doenst set things going... (as baby seems to be gaining about half a pound a week we are less and less likely to have a normal delivery as time goes on)

So we should have the passenger out and in the world by the weekend... the reality of which has just hit me! Off to run around like a last minute maniac.. and may not be posting for a while after today until things have settled

Good luck to one and all...

ajm200 Tue 14-Oct-08 13:27:48

Wow, you've all been busy and up early on the one night that I actaully slept. Was very lazy, went to bed early and as DS didn't wake until 8.30, neither did I.. luxury!

Tooshy what an amazing birth story! Don't worry if your LO sleeps a lot in the first day or so, its OK.

Glad to see some more mums who are due at the end of the month reappearing on the list. With so many babies here already and still arriving very early, I was worried that those of due at the end of the month would be in the minority.

Officially due a week tomorrow and have a scan booked in the afternoon so hope to get confirmation that titch is really a girl. Was hoping to get a shot of her face too but she has really dropped over the weekend and must be almost fully engaged. I can really feel her head when I sit down (at least I hope it's her head!) so I guess they won't be able to get a good shot of it.

Honeymoonmummy Your little beanpole should be fine in newborn as long as she isn't chubby and tall. DS was very long and weighed 8lb 4oz but was fine in newborn as there was not fat on him. We did have to go shopping for 0-3 in the first few days though. He's still ever so tall for his age so having a little 6lb baby this time round is going to be a shock

Been out walking this morning and to playgroup. Feel really tired and crampy now, fairly poor from someone who was walking miles every day until a few weeks ago.

ajm200 Tue 14-Oct-08 13:31:24

Pingviner.. how exciting that you'll see your little one by the weekend! I'm only short and was told that DS was likely to be over 10lbs but luckily he came at 37 weeks as I had PE. Good luck with the birth. I hope it starts naturally for you soon.

ajm200 Tue 14-Oct-08 13:40:59

Everyone.. check out Mum2JR's thread. It seems her baby was delivered in the car!! What is it with these Oct babies, some just can't get out fast enough!

Well done Mum2JR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ajm200 Tue 14-Oct-08 13:42:00

Sorry, forgot to put the link in my last post
link

pepperrabbit Tue 14-Oct-08 14:13:28

My goodness! My DH just goes pale when I tell him stories like that. Well done Mum2jkr (&DH).
Went back to bed at 8.30am this morning, having a very tearful day here, not helped by poking myself in the eye with moisturiser as well hmm. My mum has obviously called in the troops to say I'm not coping as my sister has just "popped in" to see how I'm doing! Bless.

ajm200 Tue 14-Oct-08 14:29:26

Oh Pepper, Sorry you are feeling low <<hugs>>. Not long now!

I caught DH reading his first aid training notes last night after I showed him some of stories about the quick births this month. When I quizzed him, he said he was preparing to catch baby just in case and needed to revise his first aid in case it came out blue and floppy like DS did. (He had the cord round his neck and should have been pushed out a lot sooner but the MWs were busy and didn't check when I said I wanted to push.)

mum2jakeyroo Tue 14-Oct-08 14:57:35

thanks ajm for those updates. as on thread dh delivered ds3 in the car. he was fantastic. very quick final stages in the end. very scary though especially when baby landed in the footwell. he was born at 3.45 yesterday weighing 7'2.

emkay Tue 14-Oct-08 15:46:48

Congratulations mum2jr - I'm so pleased that you are all well and safe.

pepper - sorry to hear you're feeling blue. It is so hard with other dcs to look after too. My mum has been here this afternoon so I got a bit of a kip. Feeling very happy to accept all help offered! No more action here so all very bored now! wink Glad to hear from my mum that all the family have been calling her for updates, not me!

Ekka Tue 14-Oct-08 15:53:14

m2jr I am very impressed by your dh - mine is having nightmares about delivering the baby himself!!! Congratulations to you all....

tedmundo Tue 14-Oct-08 16:44:18

Hello October ladies

I went into a very mild labour on Thursday evening last week, at 7pm on the Friday evening we made the call to the in-laws to come and babysit ds1 and by midnight I was in the hospital. By 9am on Saturday morning, still only 7cms and they broke the news to me that the baby was facing upwards rather than downwards and he was at an awkward angle. Basically, there was just no way he was coming out the traditional route as he was stuck.

So, off to theatre we went and Patrick Francis was born at 11.07am on Oct 11th weighing a respectable 6lbs 15ozs. We got home yesterday. I am in agony from the surgery but very, very happy. Trying not to laugh or cough as it HURTS!

Big love to everyone still waiting and god bless everyone with their newborns already with them.

nuclear Tue 14-Oct-08 16:47:22

MUM2JR *wowza that is one impressive birth story !!!! congratulations*

can't wait to tell DH when he gets home tonight !!! Pepper your DH isn't the only one who turns pale at stories like that grin

MamaG Tue 14-Oct-08 17:10:03

Hi all

ajm200 dragged me over grin

Am due 30th October - will try to read thread and get up to speed!

ajm200 Tue 14-Oct-08 17:38:04

Hi MamaG. Glad you decided to join us. We are a friendly lot.

nuclear Tue 14-Oct-08 17:39:26

Hi MamaG

smile

sparklesandnowinefor10days Tue 14-Oct-08 17:57:33

Mum2JR - wow! must have been a bit scary for you both, congrats!! best tell dp to be prepared grin

tedmundo - Congrats!! and make sure you try and rest, rest, rest xx

Hi MamaG smile

Hi MamaG. You're only allowed to join if you read every post of every one of our AN threads winkgrin.

Congratulations tedmundo, and sorry that the birth didn't turn out quite the way you had planned. I love the name Patrick - was likely to be dd's middle name if she'd been a ds.

emkay Tue 14-Oct-08 18:27:56

Congratulations tedmundo! grin

I wonder how long it would take anybody to read every post of the October birth threads... probably take my entire maternity leave! smile

How are you all doing on the post natal thread CSWS? Is DD enjoying her little brother?

Today we're mostly talking about baby poo and my post birth boils emkay hmmgrin.
DD is liking her baby brother except that he's allowed more boo-boo than she is, which is giving rise to some jealousy.

Thanks for the advice AJM. I ordered a moses basket last night and am having doubts today as I'm not sure how long it'll last!!

But they're just so cute.... blush

nuclear Tue 14-Oct-08 19:02:47

tedmundo sorry x posted - congratulations - love the name smile

rowanmac Tue 14-Oct-08 19:12:45

hi all could be a dodgy post as using funny little keypad in hospital. Its a memorable birthday for me, had to leave the cake at home and i haven't had any yet.sad

Lots of proper contractions at 1am, oh yes i remember now OW! Had a show at 8 after going back to sleep for 4 hours. Had a good morning, DS opened my presents for me, lots of vouchers for post baby clothes so not much of interest to a 3yr old. Must think yummy mummy.

Humdinger of headache started after lunch, didn't go off so after various calls I am now in ward. BP 150/100 and I'm being induced in the morning. Hoping to go spontaneously overnight but this is deja vu, spent the night before DS arrived in here, got sent home (BP higher this time) then came straigt back in and had him 2 hrs later. Hopefully this time tomorrow I'll have a baby.

csws did you do your hospital thread with one of these patientline systems? v impressed its so fiddly.

honeymoonmummy agree about moses basket but newborns are so small they get lost in a cot, its also handy in first few weeks for moving around house.

pepperrabbit hugs hugs you poor thing

I think DH is relieved I'm in, he was a bitconcerned about the unplanned home/car delivery. Not promising live updates but you'll be amongst firstto know!

Good luck rowanmac. There wasn't even a patientline system where I was, so mine was done via me sending phone texts to friends for them to post, and then dh using his mobile to post directly towards the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now