Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone Trying Hypnobirthing?

(103 Posts)
Seabird Thu 24-Feb-05 21:28:51

I've seen from a few threads that various people have done hypnobirthing courses and I thought it might be nice to start a thread to compare our experiences.

My midwife suggested hypnobirthing for me for my 2nd (due in April). I did a weekend course at 29 weeks and am really excited about the birth. I'm aiming for a waterbirth at home. I wanted this last time too but my waters broke and I ended up being induced with syntocinon/epidural/forceps/stitches etc etc - really hoping things work at home this time, but hopefully the techniques will help me deal with whatever happens.

Meantime the rainbow relaxation CD sends me to sleep every time dd naps, which is handy!

Would be interesting to hear from anyone who's already given birth using hypnobirthing, too.

tamc Sun 02-Dec-12 23:28:06

Just read your comments and i can say that as Chair of the UK HypnoBirthing Board (Mongan Method) the results i have seen over the past 6 years teaching it are incredible.I had a painfree birth with HypnoBirthing and i also work as a doula and have witnessed many women enjoying labour.If you choose HypnoBirthing you will prob see my DVD of UK births....It will be the best investment you have ever spent and yes i agree make sure your course is 12.5 hours as it should be.Tamara Cianfini xx

StripeyCircle Wed 06-Feb-13 14:43:53

Again, I know this is an old thread, but as another big fan of HypnoBirthing, I thought it would be helpful to post a link for anyone that's interested in this area, for the HypnoBirthing Association which has a directory of trained teachers and lots of information about it if you want to find out more.

Frankiesaysrelax321 Wed 24-Apr-13 10:52:21

http://www.itv.com/news/london/update/2013-03-14/london-hospital-trials-hypno-birthing/

Hi everyone I came across this, and thought I would share

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now