Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy Yoga in Fulham?

(14 Posts)
LeylaFellows Thu 13-Dec-12 14:18:13

Purely Pregnant is going to be offering a pregnancy yoga classes at Fulham Library on Fulham Road on Thursday evenings from 18:30-19:30. I've done a class with the teacher, Dipa and it was really wonderful. I'd highly recommend her - their website is www.pregnancyyogalondon.net. Hope that helps!

casting Mon 26-Jul-10 18:39:28

MARK SUMMERS CASTING

REAL WOMEN WANTED FOR THE NEW DOVE CAMPAIGN

Are you a real woman with natural beauty? A mum, a pregnant woman?

Do you want to be one of the next 'Dove' Women?

Are you aged between 30-50 years old?

Do you want to star in a world-wide TV commercial?

Do you want to earn a substantial amount of money?

If so, we could be looking for you!

How to apply for this project:

If you are interested, please send a snap shot and some information about yourself via email with a contact telephone number.
Please include 'DOVE' in the subject line of the email. Please send via email to the casting director mark@marksummers.com

PLEASE NOTE:
We are looking for REAL WOMEN only. This means NO industry or past experience required! . We are not looking for actors for this. But this could be a great job a lot of fun good pay for a friend , family, someone a work.
or may its you & you work behind the camera .

Feel free to pass the word it could make some ones year.
This going to be the best DOVE spot ever

You must be free to addend an audition in London on one of the following dates
31st July 2010 / 3rd or 4th Aug 2010
Auditions will only take 1 hour.

Also you must be free for the following shoot dates
At this stage the dates are not 100% firm but we will be shooting between 1-2 days
Aug 30th/31st & Sept 6th/7th OR TV Shoot dates Sept 25th - Oct 1st 2010

Only people that pass the audition/interview stage will be paid to take part in this production.
We will not pay for any travel costs to the audition.
CLOSING DATE: 30th JULY 2010.

A VERY FAMOUS DIRECTOR WILL BE DIRECTING THIS SPOT

luludoula Thu 15-Nov-07 23:28:04

errr, that was meant to be a smiley . . . . .

luludoula Thu 15-Nov-07 23:26:06

thanks for that- i don't know today's healthcare and it's always good to hear personal recommendations. would also love to direct anyone with spd to the www.pelvicpartnership.com

night night (wink)

QuintessentialShadow Thu 15-Nov-07 22:36:50

Hijack,

Luludoula, Do you know Todays Healthcare? It is on the corner of Fulham Palace Road and Lillie Road. It is a little white tudor style cottage. It is a chiropractic practice. Gary Russel is a fab chiropractor, he is doing a grand job with SPD, and has a pilates studio with machines. Can truly recommend him to anybody who needs to strenghten their core muscles after pregnancy and if suffering from SPD.

I used to live on munster road, lulu smile

If lulus class doesn't work out for some reason, I went to a brilliant class in Southfields - appleyoga www.appleyoga.com/pregnancy_01.htm - run by Geri Halliwell's old yoga teacher. I know that isn't much of a recommendation in itself, but it was a wonderful class. Covered lots of brilliant breathing & positions for labour, as well as lots of stuff preparing your body/relaxing. It was more 'spiritual'/esoteric than my usual yoga classes (eg we did chanting & chakras) but I have to say, it totally worked for me

I ended up giving birth 4 weeks early, before I'd got to any other classes, and their tips (esp breathing made a real difference to my labour, I'm sure (first labour g&a plus breathing, second one breathing alone smile)

luludoula Thu 15-Nov-07 22:26:39

p.s excuse the typos, i have mislaid my specs and am very sleepy! x L

luludoula Thu 15-Nov-07 22:24:34

hi there rubyshoos

i am a pregnancy yoga teacher, doula and childbirth educator and mum and i teach pregnancy yoga in fulham at the gorgeous fulham yogashala. our studio is at the glasshouse, 11-12 lettice st SW6 $EH between munster road and the fulham road. you can see some pictures of the studio at www.fulhamyogashala.co.uk and read more about my work at www.luluwinfield.com

we are currently running classes on tuesdays and thursdays. the tuesday class is yoga and birth prep finishin with half an hour for tea, discussion and speakers and runs from 12.30pm - 2.30pm. it is a lovely class with around ten women enrolled at present, most birthing at chelsea and westminster and some at home.

we also have a short class on thursday evenings designed for working women. it runs from 6.15pm - 7.15pm and is just pregnancy yoga in our beuatiful candlelit studio. parking is free at this time and parsons green tube is just a few minutes walk.

i hope you find all the info you need on the two websited. please do contact me via my website for more detials. you will be very welcome to join one of our groups.

i had my first babe at chelsea and my second at home and found my yoga an invaluable tool throughout.

with all good wishes, lulu. x

imjin100 Mon 08-Oct-07 14:31:03

Ozz - have tried googling with no joy - do you by any chance have a web address/phone number for your place?

Ozz Thu 04-Oct-07 10:23:02

Hi Rubyshoos, in case you are still looking. meandmybaby on fulham road does have them- just opposite C&W hospital. I have been going to their classes for the past 2 months, and it feels good.

TheBlonde Mon 18-Jun-07 17:44:23

this site lists pg yoga classes birthlight

jem1969 Mon 18-Jun-07 17:36:30

Hi- I know they do it at the Sivananda centre in Putney on a Saturday morning. I've never managed to make it myself but it is meant to be good. (Try searching the 'pregnancy' thread)

Rubyshoos Mon 18-Jun-07 17:32:39

Hello everyone, I'm new to Mumsnet and I was wondering if anyone in South West London (preferably Fulham) knew of any pregnancy yoga classes. I've googled it but don't seem to have come up with much - all my friends rave about doing yoga when pregnant and I'm keen to try it. Any help much appreciated!
thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now