Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone pregnant and over 40?

(177 Posts)
teejay Mon 11-Jun-07 13:40:20

There must be a few of us?

Arranoxford Wed 28-Nov-12 20:47:53

Hi there.

I am 45 and 3 months pregnant which was a wonderful surprise. My partner was very keen on trying for a baby and on the second month I fell pregnant. Very much wanted but I thought I was over the hill. Still a long rocky road ahead with the risks but Anyone out there who is trying, don't give up hope.

Warmest wishes

C

FrancesMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 14-Jun-12 13:49:36

Hi Mumsnetters

One Born Every Minute has is back and looking for mothers-to-be in the Leeds area who are due to give birth, either at Leeds General Infirmary or at their home, between the beginning of August and end of November 2012. Please do have a look at their thread in the media requests section here: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/media_nonmember_requests/1494999-One-Born-Every-Minute-are-looking-for-mothers-to-be-hospital-and-home-births-in-Leeds-Aug-Nov-201200

Thank you

FrancesMumsnet

MoJo5 Thu 10-May-12 19:45:07

40 and expecting dc3 in July!

Incaminka Tue 08-May-12 17:05:16

Hi
I'm 42 (my lucky number!) and due Jan 12 2013. This will be my first, apart from an mc two years ago. Really anxious for baby. We did ivf, ran out of money and both these conceptions were natural surprises.... :-)

HorseyGirl1 Mon 20-Feb-12 08:05:08

Blackcatsdancing - sad to hear this. x

Prunia Sun 19-Feb-12 23:44:14

blackcatsdancing so sorry to hear that , you must be in bits. Thinking of you & your partner. Take care of yourself & hope you can get plenty of time off to deal with this & begin to heal. I had a D&C last June at 10.5 wks & in retrospect I pushed myself too hard afterwards.. Hugs to you.

blackcatsdancing Sun 19-Feb-12 14:48:01

i had a MMC , found out at NT scan so take me out of the stats. hopefully next time will go better for us.

york67 Wed 15-Feb-12 09:01:55

Thanks prunia. Guess I am just worried there will be something wrong with baby or will miscarry. Fortunately only experienced miscarriage once but it was not an experience i would like to repeat.
Sorry about your miscarriages. That must have been so hard.
Hopefully seeing MW next week so will talk about options.

Prunia Wed 15-Feb-12 07:29:57

Hi york67,
Congrats! Best of luck.
I'm in Ireland & I have to pay for the nuchal. It is a personal choice for sure, am just taking it one step at a time so guess if it looks bad I'll have to consider amnio.
Sorry to hear you're stressed, hope you're getting some time for RnR, I've been doing yoga all the way through so far & I think it's been keeping me sane- doesnt stop the odd mad hormonal outburst though! Hehe

york67 Tue 14-Feb-12 14:16:31

Hi ladies. I am due end September at the age of 44. Totally unplanned and still in shock. So stressed about everything but thrilled too.
Don't know what the position is re nuchal scan either. Never offered one before. Also not sure I could go through with an amnio anyway so maybe no point.

Prunia Mon 13-Feb-12 11:32:31

Hiya, I'll be 42 at beginning of May, due my first Sept 13th, had 3 miscarriages in the last year & half so pretty nervous. On a positive note saw heartbeat last week & am due Nuchal Scan next week. Pretty nauseous every couple of hours & knackered too! How u all feeling today?

BivBov Tue 07-Feb-12 10:49:59

I am 44 and will be almost 45 when I deliver in early March smile

blackcatsdancing Sat 07-Jan-12 19:43:34

Hi,
i'm 44 in february and almost 9 weeks. Feel in hell as kiteflying above posted re her own early experiences. Can't stop worrying about everything. This is my 2nd- first is at Uni. I don't know if i'll ever start to relax. DP so wants this baby but is stressing as much as me and its causing us an awful lot of stress.

kellzi Fri 06-Jan-12 11:47:27

hi 41 and due september so early days, any advice re tests for DS

ClaireVictoria Thu 22-Dec-11 21:55:05

Hi I am due in May. After just have the all clear scan I suddenly feel like 18 weeks of surpressed love has come rushing through my head. The best Xmas pressie ever!

kiteflying Fri 09-Dec-11 12:07:04

I am 44 and three days overdue with my second precious DC. The first twelve weeks were hell but once the nuchal scan was wonderfully miraculously normal I settled into a lovely pregnancy which I will thoroughly miss when baby decides the outside world is tempting enough to come out. I was 43 when I conceived. It is my second IVF pregnancy.

HorseyGirl1 Fri 09-Dec-11 07:03:01

Hi there, just a shout to see how you all are. I'm 14 weeks yesterday apart from 'mentaling!' we are doing OK. Hope you are all OK x

supermum67 Wed 07-Dec-11 16:26:49

Hi It is a shock at first, you wonder how it could happen at our age- you hear so much in the media about difficulties conceiving over the of 35 never mind 40+. I wasn't expecting this at the age of 43 when I conceived (I'm now 44), but after 7 months of pregnancy and numerous tests ending in an amniocentesis- which showed my baby was healthy, I am nearly there in excepting I am pregnant. Having 3 older children (21, 18 & 13) who at first were in as much shock as I was, more so that their mother actually has sex have finally come around and like I said are very happy and can't wait. Good Luck for the future.

supermum67 Wed 07-Dec-11 16:17:29

Hi first time on here. I'm a mum of 3 oldr children 21, 18 and 13 and find myself expecting a fourth child in February at the age of 44!!! Bit of a shock to say the least but have finally (7 months in) gotten over the shock. Children are very, very excited, not looking forward to birth so much (know whats coming fourth time around) and I am looking forward to meeting my baby. Does anyone have concerns/worries about the birth, the baby everything?!

CheshireDawn Sun 04-Dec-11 11:06:53

Hello Im 46 and just found out Im pregnant with baby number two (my daughter is 4). Im over the moon as realy wanted to give my girl a brother or sister. Just praying this pregnancy will go well and this 'little soul' will be healthy. I do feel blessed and that this is a miracle! Dawn

HorseyGirl1 Fri 04-Nov-11 20:21:35

I found out that I was pregnant on my 40th! Sadly had MC last year so this little person will arrive while I'm still 40. Can't wait but I know it is going to be tough when he/she wants a taxi pick up when I'm 60. Feeling OK but very tired in evenings - a late evening is anything after 9.30pm these days. xx

ShockinHolyTempers Fri 04-Nov-11 18:33:17

Hello All, I'm 41 and expecting my first in July. (I'll be 42)

Pregnancy was not planned and was in total shock when I found out. Am still in denial about what's to come! shock grin

Novmama Thu 03-Nov-11 17:26:06

Just read some of this oldish thread (appropriate huh?) and its lovely to hear some positive stories. Congrats to isislondon and tryitandsee. I'm 42 and expecting 2nd in June (only 8/4). Feeling very low and despondent. Have plenty of symptoms - mainly exhaustion and nausea. Have frightened myself by reading re mmc - what a double whammy of an insult - all the symptoms and no baby! Seeing mw for booking appt tomorrow and scan on 29th Nov. Would love to hear from more 40+ expecting. It feels so much tougher than 1st time (and I was 38!) but feel like a geriatric.

tryitandsee Sat 29-Oct-11 14:32:36

Hi Ladies, I'm 44 and 32 weeks pregnant. I had my youngest at 40. My eldest is 17. I have been pregnant 7 times. I have had 3 miscarriges. Two in the last year and a half. I have had one cot death also. However, i remain optamistic and everyone involved with my antenatal care has been supportive and not the least bit negative about older mums.

isislondon Fri 21-Oct-11 02:42:35

I'm 41 & just delivered twin non Identical girls, naturally conceived at 1st attempt in 1st pregnancy, despite having a 22 cm fibroid removed by myomectomy 7 yrs ago. So its given hope to alot of my friends. Pregnancy went well , no morning sickness. Few hiccups at the end, but I got through healthy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now