Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thread 13. TTC #1 Grads. Some of us still remember that thing called "a full nights sleep" for most, it's a mere memory.

(664 Posts)
AudreyBradshaw Sat 22-Oct-16 20:00:25

Behold, the wonder of birth! Members from 6 weeks bfp to post-partum wonder Mamas! No question to grotty or minging.

We've come full circle from obsessing about cervical mucus to now obsessing if it's our vagina baby plug going! What larks!

Lots of talk about poo, ours and now babies too! Baby brain is REAL! From morning sickness in the first trimester to the third trimester struggle of getting out of bed ( "walrus-ing"in our house), to actual real babies who are growing so fast! Discussion on the merits of sleepyhead and Ewan the dream sheep.

Sooo many gorgeous babies now! And equally lovely Mummy's! We are amazing! What a year! Can you believe it's been a year since our first tentative TTC thread!? Look how far we've come!

Roll up, literally, in my case, cause I'm practically rotund! for TTC #1 Grads!

AudreyBradshaw Sat 22-Oct-16 20:11:34

Stardrey, 30, 35+3 <-- Can't believe that! Baby's room almost complete, cot up and baby grows washed! Getting excited for the last few weeks now and am definitely in more of a place to meet this baby now. What a blinking journey!

Slowing down somewhat, never needed a rest in between having a shower and getting dressed before now. Dh has stopped asking me why things are on the floor. If it gets dropped, it stays there, it is dead to me.

leoniethelioness Sat 22-Oct-16 20:42:48

Leonie here. Not my real name but sometimes I wish it were! Mama to 8 week old Theodore (3 weeks corrected). He's been feeding nonstop since 6.30 pm... 😄

BunchOfBobs Sat 22-Oct-16 21:16:09

Thanks for the real thread Stardrey.

Bunch, 30, mama to a 10 week old Atticus. How the hell did that happen?!

Mileymoocow Sat 22-Oct-16 21:31:29

Brilliant stardrey, you certainly have a way with words! Thanks for the new thread.

Miley, mummy to almost 6 week old Harrison and wondering why it takes OH so long to change a bloody nappy hmm I'm pretty sure I said 'try to keep him drowsy so he goes back down.' Oh well. Someone please pass the matchsticks.

PotatosMum Sat 22-Oct-16 21:52:02

Potato here, mummy to 9 week old Arya.

We had a bath earlier, you would have thought I was sticking needles in her toes from all the screaming and she's been in a funny mood ever since hmm

IrregularCommentary Sat 22-Oct-16 22:02:23

Irregular, 31. Very tired Mum to 6 week old (tomorrow) Tamsin. Wondering where the time has gone confused

Thanks for the new thread Stardrey - you're looking fab btw.

IndiX Sat 22-Oct-16 22:04:05

Indi
26 y/o
Mummy to nearly 3 week old Autumn ( aahh that's this is the first thread I've checked in as a mummy!)

Will catch up tomorrow properly. Hope everyone is doing well. I've got a bloody cold and feeling a bit crap, going to get an early night and pray that Autumn sleeps well tonight

DrWhy Sat 22-Oct-16 22:13:38

Dr

DrWhy Sat 22-Oct-16 22:17:02

Doh, hit post by accident, am trying to type one handed with a baby attached (again!)

Dr
35, mum to 5 and a bit week old Edward who has been a total grotbag since about 5pm, even screaming through the bath he normally loves. Hoping at the end of this feed I can get him to sleep... need sleep....

PotatosMum Sat 22-Oct-16 22:26:41

Irregular I can't believe Tamsin is 6 weeks!

Oh and thanks for the new thread Audrey

Trying the humidifier tonight, the verdict... So far Arya has gone down and is sleeping comfortably without all of the nose wiping we've had since the heating went on, fingers crossed she sleeps through as I'm shattered!

Feefeefs Sat 22-Oct-16 22:27:07

Feefs
Age 28
32+5 with a vanilla baby
Desperate to get into my house and get nursery done, even assembling the snuzpod would be enough!! No date yet confused

Nevlet Sat 22-Oct-16 22:50:18

Check in!

Nevlet
Mum to Bodhi almost 8 weeks old and currently still masquerading as duracell bunny on crack

Glad to have brought amusement today... I slept whole way home in the van today while OH drove. Bods slept all the way home...if he is awake all night again the dog is on duty haha.

PotatosMum Sat 22-Oct-16 22:54:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Danni89 Sat 22-Oct-16 22:57:11

Danni, 27

Mum to 7week old Mason... time is flying!!

Nevlet Sat 22-Oct-16 23:04:13

Check in!

Nevlet
Mum to Bodhi almost 8 weeks old and currently still masquerading as duracell bunny on crack

Glad to have brought amusement today... I slept whole way home in the van today while OH drove. Bods slept all the way home...if he is awake all night again the dog is on duty haha.

LillianFullStop Sat 22-Oct-16 23:14:05

Lillian 37
39+6 with a stubborn stowaway! Due tomorrow and been having stop start contractions that lead to anywhere but labour confused

Swiftly becoming discouraged and losing faith in my body going to labour on it's own. sad Did not even consider induction before but now I'll happily take one. I so want to meet my baby now!

IrregularCommentary Sun 23-Oct-16 00:18:14

That's really shit Potato. My NCT group are due to meet up in Costa soon, will mention it to them.

I don't really see the problem - not like they sell bloody ice cream is it?!

LisaTheSimpson Sun 23-Oct-16 07:04:47

Hi everyone! Can't believe I'm checking in as a mummy now...

Lisa, age 30, mummy to three week old Quinn. Currently sitting quietly in bed hoping she's going back to sleep after a feed (though from the noises I hear next to me, I doubt it....). I don't think OH's loud snoring is helping matters.

Happy due date, Lillian! Fingers crossed for you that it kicks off soon x

PotatosMum Sun 23-Oct-16 07:21:45

Oh what in gods name possessed me to post in AIBU. I should know better!!!

Co5mo Sun 23-Oct-16 07:42:41

Cosmo 36, first check in as a Mummy to 10 day old Arthur. Currently wondering why he's just taken half a feed and gone back to sleep when he's been feeding great for the last two days but been a demon to settle.

I don't think Costa know their arse from their elbow when it comes to feeding babies. One of our local branches asked a friend to leave for daring to breast feed while she had a coffee.

Congrats Moose x

Mileymoocow Sun 23-Oct-16 08:22:16

co5mo seriously?! That's beyond a joke. I'm breastfeeding anywhere and everywhere and so far haven't had any issue but I dare say the world would know about it if I was asked to leave anywhere. Ridiculous!

potato I'd be absolutely livid too. But yes, remember our golden rule - never post in AIBU. I really must pay a visit there soon, I do love a good chuckle at some of them

PotatosMum Sun 23-Oct-16 08:43:39

Cosmo that's shocking and I do believe illegal.

Yes I had a momentary lapse in judgment when I posted on AIBU. I just couldn't imagine anyone would disagree, how wrong could I be.

I've since had someone quote the Costa handbook that says they can provide hot water if someone insists and another person provide a link to the HSE which confirms they can't claim H&S as the reason to refuse as it is not considered a H&S risk.

PotatosMum Sun 23-Oct-16 08:51:46

On a more cheerful note. The humidifier worked a treat! Arya sleeps like a log from 9:30 to 8:00 shock

I'd definitely recommend it grin

Pinklily1 Sun 23-Oct-16 08:57:21

Checking in...

pink, 33 and mummy to 6 week old Evelyn. I can't believe how fast time seems to be going, and how many thread babies we have now!!

irregular, I hope things get moving for you soon. I was like you, hadn't really considered the possibility of an induction but I ended up being induced at 40+6 hmm Fingers crossed things kick off for you before an induction. How long will they let you go overdue where you are?

Hope Bodhi had a better night nev.

potato, am I being thick? I don't understand why they refused to give you hot water when their business is serving hot drinks?! Why is it ok to serve tea, coffee etc and not provide hot water for bottle warming? Totally illogical. Idiots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now