Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else Due June 2017?

(1001 Posts)
pinkiponk Wed 21-Sep-16 20:40:39

BFP last Friday, will (hopefully) be my second child, as have a 2 year old DS already. Doctor said I was due 2 June smile
Feeling very excited, but quite nervous as had a MMC before DS, so noticing when symptoms have gone/come back!
Also finding it hard not being able to talk to anyone in RL (obviously DH knows).
Anyone else got this news recently and care to join? smile

KirstenRC Wed 21-Sep-16 22:15:47

Me smile due 6th June xxx

pinkiponk Wed 21-Sep-16 22:29:24

Yay there's someone else, Congrats! is this your first?

sleepylil Thu 22-Sep-16 14:40:37

Hi both! Due 2nd June with my second. Bag of nerves at the mo as had a miscarriage in June this year. Hope you are both feeling well smile

pinkiponk Thu 22-Sep-16 18:57:05

Congratulations! welcome smile I totally understand where you're coming from, these 12 weeks are going by so slowly!
I'm fining it so hard not to tell anyone as well!

How old is your first?

haveacupoftea Thu 22-Sep-16 20:43:50

Hey! I am due 2nd June. I am only 3+6 so still very early days! Every morning I get up and take a test and expect it to be negative but it never is smile

sleepylil Thu 22-Sep-16 21:39:24

Stressful isn't it! Taking it day by day and trying to accept and enjoy that at this moment at least I'm a mum of 2 wink Thankful for my wonderful friends from my previous antenatal board, they've helped me through so so much!
My son will be 2 at the beginning of December so similar to yourself smile
Congratulations cupoftea! It's crazy isn't it?! I can still hardly believe it.

haveacupoftea Fri 23-Sep-16 11:41:08

So crazy! I finally got the balls to do a digi and it was positive, phew! Off to the GP this afternoon to arrange my booking in appointment!

My legs are really crampy!

sleepylil Fri 23-Sep-16 13:30:22

Yay, exciting! Is this your first?

pinkiponk Fri 23-Sep-16 18:33:47

Welcome tea! I'm glad I'm not the only one who keeps testing! 2 tests so far and I've got 2 more in the cupboard!
When are people booking their first app with midwife?
I've been hit by the tiredness today, it's not like normal tiredness it's weird?!

sleepylil Fri 23-Sep-16 19:24:08

I've done tons of tests, I'm actually mental! :s. I will prob give the surgery a call to refer me for a booking in appt once I'm about 6 weeks or so.

mrspage1985 Fri 23-Sep-16 19:29:08

Hi all
I found out this week that I'm pregnant, due may 27th,
Very nervous as I had a miscarriage in June this year, I have booked in for an early scan in October when I should be 8 weeks so fingers crossed will be able to see a strong heartbeat x

sleepylil Fri 23-Sep-16 19:45:19

Hi Mrspage, congratulations smile hope you are doing ok. I miscarried in June also so can appreciate how you might be feeling, hard isn't it.
How are you feeling physically at the mo?

mrspage1985 Fri 23-Sep-16 20:07:01

The last two days I've felt shattered and I feel a lot more 'pregnant' than I did last time - but am putting that down to me being aware and this time we were ttc where as last time it was a happy accident ...one that made us realise we do want a baby I might add so a good accident!
It's just so nerve wracking waiting to get past the point I miscarried last time

How are u getting on? X

pinkiponk Fri 23-Sep-16 20:29:51

I can sympathise, I found having a MMC has left me unsettled because in that pregnancy I didn't even know anything had gone wrong until the scan sad
I'm trying to remember how rare they are, but every pregnancy symptom is celebrated at the moment, I keep checking my boobs all the time as well!!

mrspage1985 Fri 23-Sep-16 20:35:22

Me too! I think it's going to a nervous few weeks till my early scan confused

sleepylil Fri 23-Sep-16 20:56:35

Yep I'm boob checking every 10 seconds but other than that not having any other symptoms apart from twinges here and there.
Can't imagine how awful that must have been pinki sad

pinkiponk Fri 23-Sep-16 22:52:27

It was awful, I didn't even know that missed miscarriages could happen, I naively thought that all miscarriages involved bleeding/cramps and were obvious, so I went in there all cheerily expecting to see a baby.
The sonography did say they were rare, so I'm trying to be logical at the moment!
Mrspage- when is your scan?

mrspage1985 Sat 24-Sep-16 05:42:13

God that's terrible :-(

Scan is 15th October- should be 8 weeks exactly and past the point of being told last time that the baby was no longer growing and no heartbeat x

pinkiponk Sat 24-Sep-16 06:51:00

So you had a missed miscarriage as well page? I went to my 16 week scan (we didn't get referrred because of an admin mistake! So that was my first scan), and it stopped growing at 6 weeks apparently, so for 10 weeks I thought I was pregnant.

mrspage1985 Sat 24-Sep-16 07:14:02

Not sure if classed as missed miscarriage or not
Basically I went for an early scan privately at 6 weeks and there was a very slow and faint heartbeat, we were asked to come back a week later and hopefully it would have quickened up and sort of kick started itself. We went back and unfortunately the baby had gotten smaller and there was no h/b detected.
We then got referred to the NHS about a week later, another scan and then it was a waiting game waiting for it to pass - it then took another 2 weeks till baby passed so I should have been around 11 I think. Not fun xxx

sleepylil Sat 24-Sep-16 08:10:00

sad what awful experiences ladies, so sorry you've been through that.

pinkiponk Sat 24-Sep-16 12:14:19

Yea same thing page- I was encouraged to take the pills and move things along quickly, they admitted me for the day, it probably went as best as it could.

Thanks sleepy, I have a healthy 2 yo DS now so I try and be pragmatic, it wasn't meant to be, although devastating at the time. I'm just hoping it doesnt increase my chances of miscarriage this time.

pinkiponk Sat 24-Sep-16 18:27:48

It's not looking good today, a lot of bleeding and some cramps earlier. I've got a doctors appointment on Monday, but I'm coming to terms with the fact this pregnancy has ended. I'm devastated, especially because this is my second miscarriage, I thought there was a 20% chance of miscarriage, so why have I had 2 in 3 pregnancies sad

sleepylil Sat 24-Sep-16 21:55:27

Oh pinki so sorry you are experiencing this, hoping and praying for you that it is just one of those strange things. Thinking of you x

This thread is not accepting new messages.