Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2017 #4 More baby scans, less morning sickness!

(193 Posts)
summerskittles91 Tue 20-Sep-16 14:23:24

Thought I'd start the next thread smile

Helbelle75 Tue 20-Sep-16 14:36:16

Congrats on the scans those who've had them today. Great to hear good news.

summerskittles91 Tue 20-Sep-16 14:37:23

This is latest list from the last thread. Feel free to update if anyones isn't correct or needs changing smile

Esker, due 29 March, dc#1
Smiles01, due 29th March, dc#1 (5th pregnancy).
IrnBruFan, due 30 March (expected to change to April)
Needtoloseastone, due 30th March, dc#5
Scandimanny, due 31st March, DC3
Bellatrixandstrange, due 1st April, dc#1
MummaFB, due 1 April, dc#1
Gemsbok, due 1 April, dc#2
MonkeyArms, due 1 April, dc#1
Celen, due 2 April, dc#2
Mummymulb16, due 3rd April, dc#2
StillaChocoholic, due 3rd April, dc#2
SummerSkittles91, due 4rd April, dc#1
Strubo, due 4th April, dc#3
AnnaKateNZ, due 4 April, dc#1
Ilovegbbo, due 4 April, dc#2
LotsaTuddles, due 6th April, dc#3 (pregnancy 6)
Sniffysnifferson, due 7th April, dc#?
Littlespoon, due 8th April, dc#2
Midrog, due 9th April, dc#1
MrsRhubarb, 9th April, dc#2
Naranciata, due 10th April, dc#1
Cazbg, due 10 April, dc#2
Everdene, due 11th April, dc#1
Finova, due 11th April, dc#3
WindyTriller, due 12 April, dc#2
TopKittyKat, due 13 April, dc#1
Mamato1, due 13th April, dc#2
katemarob17, due 14th April, dc#1
Allaboutthecake13, due 14 April, dc#2
Puggleface, due 14 April, dc#2
Prive120, due 15 April, dc#1
Helbelle75, due 15 April, dc1 (pregnancy 2)
cantmakeme, due 15 April, dc#2
Choccybiscuit due 15th April dc#3
MrsBac83, due 15 April, dc#1
Marmitecheesetoast, due 16th April, dc#1
Jennywren15, due 16th April, dc#2
Avenger hart, due 16th April, DC#2
MyGreenSofa, due 17th April, dc#2
Hayls17, due 17 April, dc#1
MummySN, due 17 April, dc#?
CastleFeck, due 17 April, dc#3
Feetfirmlyofftheground, due 17 April, dc#1
Bubbinsmakesthree, due 18 April, dc#2
Dandelionrarrrrr, due 18th April, dc#2
Autumnsunshinebaby, due 18th April, dc#2
Celticlassie, due 18 April, dc#1
TheNewWife, due 19 April, dc#1
DeepFriedCamembert, due 20 April, dc#2
Jpeg28, due 21st April, dc#1 (2nd pregnancy)
Jobrum, due 21st April, dc#2
Theknittinggorilla, due 22 April, dc#3
RaRa25, due 22 April, dc#2
Superbabywright, due 22 April, dc#?
MumiTravels, due 22 April, dc#2
Welsh due 22 April dc#1
SharkBastard, due 23 April, dc#2
Onecrazycook, due 23rd April, dc#1
mrsbobflob, due 23 April, dc#2
Ecofreckle, due 24 April, dc#2
Hummingbird100, due 25 April, dc#2
IAmALionTamer, due 26 April, dc#2
Number4OnTheWay, due 27 April, dc#4
BellaSxx, due 27 April, dc#1
Niks2026, due 28 April, dc#3
Wherethefuckisthefuckingtuna, due 30th Apr, dc#2
sarahhh1984, due 30 April, dc#1

Daisy111, due ???, dc#?
Springroll, due ???, dc#?

MrsRhubarb Tue 20-Sep-16 14:40:55

So happy for those who have had positive scans today, such good news!

Just had first dose of Ondansetron, and there is a cinnamon bun in the kitchen which I am looking forward to devouring without throwing up afterwards. Can't wait to eat and drink normally again!

summerskittles91 Tue 20-Sep-16 14:54:40

MrsRhubarb Oh let us know how you get on with the Ondansetron. I had given up going back to the GP but seeing as it doesnt look like things are getting better I'm probably going to have to try some other tablets.

Celen Tue 20-Sep-16 15:15:54

Thank you so much for the new thread summerskittles, can't believe that last one filled up so quickly! shock

summerskittles91 Tue 20-Sep-16 15:28:15

Celen We're all a chatty bunch for sure! I was about to reply in the last thread and it had got to 1000 messages and wouldn't let me post!

jpeg28 Tue 20-Sep-16 17:14:13

Just checking in....

Such great news choccy! What a relief! So pleased for you.

Great news strubo and skittles! Still two weeks and two days until mine!

I've been really crampy today... Should I be worried??

Helbelle75 Tue 20-Sep-16 18:16:05

I'm been quite crampy all through jpeg with no bleeding and i think it's stretching / growing pains. Had a scan on Saturday and the little bean was perfect. I wouldn't worry.

Niks2026 Tue 20-Sep-16 18:30:03

Just checking in to the new thread. Does it stop you posting after a certain amount of posts?

jpeg28 Tue 20-Sep-16 18:45:07

Thanks helbelle... I'm having heartburn for the first time today too! Shouldn't complain I longed for symptoms at the beginning!!

kifftay Tue 20-Sep-16 18:48:50

Hello everyone! I'm late to the party it seems but due around the beginning of April and got my scan on Thursday...first baby over here so I just want confirmation tHat everything is ok!

It's nice to meet all you other April mums smile

choccybiscuit Tue 20-Sep-16 19:02:49

Thanks ladies, I'm so relieved! Great news on your scans skittlesand strubo!
Hugs to your poor boy StillaChocoholic it's awful having to see them in pain flowers

Celen Tue 20-Sep-16 19:16:40

Btw so pleased everything is ok with you choccy, hopefully only a couple of weeks til your 12 week scan now is it?

Celen Tue 20-Sep-16 19:19:42

My ds had his preschool jabs last week Stila, he was so brave and really still having them done but his tears afterwards were heartbreaking sad

He did make me laugh though - while crying his eyes out in the car on the way home, he said "that was a rubbish day out Mummy" grin Bless him, he's not wrong, it was pretty shite as days out go grin

Celen Tue 20-Sep-16 19:20:48

Niks, it should close after 1000 posts but sometimes a few extra sneak in!

Niks2026 Tue 20-Sep-16 19:29:10

I'm dreading the pre school jabs for my little DD. She is so strong and there is no way she'll sit still so daddy is going to have to take her sad I'm pretty sure I'll be an emotional wreck!
Welcome kiftay smile

My dds have already started thinking of names for their new little brother or sister. They are certain it's a boy. Anyone already have names or thought of names? I know it's early but it's a big decision grin

Littlespoon Tue 20-Sep-16 19:59:53

Just marking my spot, thanks for the new thread summerskittles

Hopefully there is an end in sight & some reassurance for those with worries, sickness, bleeds or cramps. flowers

naranciata Tue 20-Sep-16 19:59:58

Had a big panic today about what we're going to do for childcare (I know, I know, a bit too early to be thinking about it).

We're too far away from any family to lean on, I get a very very good maternity package so will be taking 12 months + accrued annual leave + bank holidays so will probably have closer to 14 months off. DH gets 2 weeks paid paternity with option of 2 more weeks unpaid. Then what? I love love love my job and want to go back full time. If absolutely necessery I could either try compressed hours (so working 37.5 hours still but across 4 days) or could drop to 32 hours across 4 days but really don't want to. Of we choose nursery we can afford 5 full days if we no longer have any treats. The idea of an au pair makes me feel funny, not sure I want the drama (although I know that's not the same with all au pairs). Childminder - wouldn't that mean I'd have to take annual leave when she wanted? DH hates his job but earns 1.5 times as much as I do.

summerskittles91 Tue 20-Sep-16 20:22:08

Here is scan pic from earlier! smile

Celen Tue 20-Sep-16 20:26:38

Love it summerskittles, I'm so nervous about mine tomorrow hmm Hope to god it's all ok <scared>

Puggleface Tue 20-Sep-16 20:30:52

Thanks so much for the new thread skittles and excellent scan news for you and strubo
choccy I'm so pleased everything went well for you today too!
Welcome kifftay!
I had my booking in today.... Wasn't as bad as what I thought it would be. Lots has changed in the past year!! Women in my Trust are now offered a Colour Doppler scan of their placenta and the cord flow at 20weeks (this would have saved DS life if I'd have been offered it with him) hopefully our experience has contributed to this new practice. It was bitter sweet news.

naranciata Tue 20-Sep-16 20:34:10

These scan pics are great! Proper real babies! Hoping that will help it to feel real, rather than just like I have a perpetual hangover.

Bubbinsmakesthree Tue 20-Sep-16 21:43:48

Amazing summerskittles (nice nail varnish too! grin ) - congrats on all the great scans today, especially after your scare choccy

I am massively running out of clothes I can wear before the maternity clothes come out! I must be bigger than last time as I made it to 20 weeks without telling work. Really hope we get a good scan at 12 weeks as I can't be doing with keeping a secret so long again.

naranciata I planned to back after 9 months with my first and full time - ended up taking the full 12 months and going back 4 days a week. Love my job but it turns out I love DS more! The extra time with him is great even if I do end up doing 5 days work and getting paid for 4 a lot of the time. We use a childminder at the moment partly because we found one we really liked and partly because the greater flexibility works well for us.

choccybiscuit Tue 20-Sep-16 22:07:34

Good luck for your scan tomorrow celen. Your ds cracked me up with that comment! So cute!
Only two weeks until my next scan. Will be interesting to see what date they give me, at today's scan they put me ahead another 5 days, must be a big baby! I'm sticking with my original due date until my dating scan though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now