Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

White noise?

(9 Posts)
fruityb Wed 07-Sep-16 17:06:36

I just downloaded an app which seemed to settle DS when he was going down for a nap. It worked! Anyone else used it? I just want to make sure I don't make any rods for my back and he can't sleep without it or anything.

Thanks!

leoniethelioness Wed 07-Sep-16 18:40:30

I use Ewan the Dream Sheep

fruityb Wed 07-Sep-16 18:45:39

do you find it helpful?

TeaBelle Wed 07-Sep-16 18:48:32

Dd still has white noise - she's 2 next month but it's not an issue.

ILoveMyMonkey Wed 07-Sep-16 19:07:02

We used white noise to drown out the neighbours one summer - 3 years later and he has to have it on to sleep, not really a problem but would prefer not to have to use it.

MyBreadIsEggy Wed 07-Sep-16 19:16:29

I started using Ewan the Dream Sheep when Dd was a few weeks old....she's 16mo now and she decided he needed to go for a swim in the bath a few weeks ago. Poor Ewan drowned sad so now we use a white noise app on the iPad in her room for nap time and at night.

fruityb Wed 07-Sep-16 20:51:29

DS woke up when I put him down after a feed, gave him a couple of minutes blast of the hairdryer option and now out for the count. Am hoping we may be able to conquer the angry bum we've had for a couple of nights!

Bigfam Wed 07-Sep-16 20:56:22

Dd3 still has it now at 19months. Baby sister due in december so will be using it for another 2 years I reckon. (I can't sleep without it either blush)

MartiLou Thu 08-Sep-16 10:18:47

I use a myHummy white noise toy, which was recommended on here. I was using an app before, but having a dedicated device (toy in this case) is much more convenient. Myhummy (unlike Ewan) has a sleep sensor so comes on when baby starts to stir.

To answer your question, I don't think you can overuse white noise. In fact, I'm a very light sleeper and it helps me sleep too! I know that you can buy white noise machines for adults, it's good for all ages!

Here is a link to myhummy shop, highly recommended: shop.myhummy.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now