Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2016 - It's time...ready or not here they come!

(103 Posts)
Bobbycatz Wed 31-Aug-16 07:28:08

Hi, thought I would start a new thread as the other one was full.

Bobbycatz Wed 31-Aug-16 07:32:23

Congrats bala! hope you're feeling better and are recovering well.

balalalala Wed 31-Aug-16 07:36:11

Thank you, we are absolutely besotted with her. She's a little super star. Has slept beautifully, fed lots (ouch!!) and altogether lovely. I'm feeling a bit rubbish this morning, but better having had about 6 hours sleep and now looking forward to my dh being allowed back in!

Hope you're all doing ok and coping well in the heat!

Boomies Wed 31-Aug-16 12:49:58

I cannot wait to meet our little one due at the end of the month...if only I could finish nesting and enjoy may leave first! 😂

Aceberry Wed 31-Aug-16 13:22:31

Well my baby was breech and I had him turned in hospital. It took about 40 seconds and I had no pain or discomfort - one of the lucky ones. Midwife has been today and he is head down. Am now 37+3 and excited about the birth!

MrsCeee Wed 31-Aug-16 13:59:33

Congratulations bala. Sorry to hear you had a tough time. I hope you get plenty of rest whilst in hospital and have a speedy recovery. Hope your baby girl is doing well too smile

Brilliant news, Aceberry!

Bobbycatz Thu 01-Sep-16 07:55:40

Wow Ace that's great news, didn't realise it was such a quick procedure.

I'm getting a bit apprehensive about the birth now but I'm so ready to meet this baby. Finish work on Wednesday, I can't wait!

36+6

Littlemessymiss Thu 01-Sep-16 11:55:43

DD No 2 arrived yesterday 8lb0oz. So much easier and calmer than DD1!
Was lucky to get the birth I wanted as the hospital was full and turned the next person away.
Was only in for 8 hours and survived minimal damage so am very lucky.

Littlemessymiss Thu 01-Sep-16 11:56:28

Ps. Good luck to all the other September ladies!

balalalala Thu 01-Sep-16 12:50:58

Congratulations!

Bobbycatz Thu 01-Sep-16 17:02:46

Congratulations little!

spacepoodle Thu 01-Sep-16 21:16:33

Congratulations little and bala! Hope you're recovering well. I'm really enjoying all the newborn baby news!

I have an ELCS booked for the 12th which is the first day of the junior doctors' strikes. Although I agree with the strikes, I selfishly really hope it doesn't affect my ELCS as it's taken months to sort out. I'm seeing the consultant midwife tomorrow so will hopefully get some clarification then.

How is everyone feeling? I'm 37+5 now and feel better than I did at 27+5! Might be down to having the luxury of being able to take daytime naps now I'm not working grin

ninecoronas Fri 02-Sep-16 04:30:11

Hi everyone, and huge congrats to the early arrivals! :-)
Our baby girl arrived at 37 wks in a bit of a mad rush, fast and furious. Now in hosp for a touch of jaundice and I've got some patch up work to look forward to for "downstairs"... but hopefully all will be sorted soon and looking forward to slumping on the sofa with our new kid. smile

Annabrooke90 Fri 02-Sep-16 11:54:44

Congratulations Bala and nine. These babies are on a roll now.

Great news on the ecv ace smile

Dd is now 7 and half weeks old, it is going so so fast.

Hello everyone! I didn't realise there was a new thread, I'd been wondering why it was all so quiet.

I'm 39+5 today and mega struggling with SPD. Saw my midwife this morning and as I'm currently refusing induction at 12 days over (if it gets to that point) I have to see the consultant on Tuesday (40+2) seems a bit dramatic to me as still plenty of time for me to go naturally after 40+2 before induction is even close but there we go.

Congrats to everyone with little babies. I'm insanely jealous. I want mine now.

Dilligufdarling Fri 02-Sep-16 18:18:48

Hi all,
Sorry for being a bit absent of late!
Huge congratulations to all of those with new arrivals already!
I've just finished my last day at work. Am soooooooooo glad to be done with it!
I turn 37w tomorrow and am achey and tired (and moany!) with a good dollop of insomnia most nights.

Has/is anyone else doing Hypnobirthing? My book recommends getting your birth partner to record a script that you write... I'm not having much luck with either of these (DH is tending towards the "hippy shite" end of the scale!)

0hCrepe Sat 03-Sep-16 09:45:12

Ah found you! Congratulations for all the arrivals! 38 weeks today. Very achy walking around but no signs of labour at all really. Will see consultant at 39+5 and will discuss induction then.

Annarose2014 Sat 03-Sep-16 11:21:20

I didn't realise there was a new thread! Huge congratulations to all! Am slightly jealous you have it over, lol.

38 weeks tomorrow and not too bad other than SPD and general hugeness. Bad insomnia with the pelvic pain but better during the day.

I have another MW appointment next week which I suspect is rather pointless, then seeing the doctor at 40 weeks, when I'll ask for a sweep.

I have doubts it'd work but the MW tells me with 2nd births they're more successful and it'd do no harm.

I'll also book my induction date with the doctor. Am going to go for 12 days plus. That's what I booked last time and it came on Day 10, so hopefully won't be going longer anyway! But even if so, the MW said "Look, by 14 days over, you'll be seriously considering induction anyway as you'll be so desperate to get it out!"

Littlemessymiss Sat 03-Sep-16 14:11:11

I now feel for all of you with pre birth insomnia. At least my lack of sleep is for a reason!
Currently in hospital waiting for DD2 to have a 3 day check. They are so understaffed the midwife can't come to me so I had to drive in with DH looking after DD1

It's now my due date. Wonder how much longer before little one arrives.

nuggles Sun 04-Sep-16 20:40:32

Hello! Can I join?

I'm 39+4 2nd pregnancy and oh so ready to meet my baby. Uncomfortable doesn't even come close!

If only you know how your labour would start it would be much easier 😀

altkat Tue 06-Sep-16 04:23:09

Well, we didn't make it to the due date! He turned up 4 days early on the 5th after my waters went with an audible "pop" at 3am grin managed the home water birth with just gas and air after all - mainly because I got to 7cm without even gas and then when the paramedics I begged for turned up it was much too late for anything else! 8lb2oz and if I ever have another I will be mainlining anaesthetic.

cake to all of you - I lurked unforgivably on this thread but I really hope you are all doing wonderfully. Xx

altkat Tue 06-Sep-16 04:25:45

Here is his squishy glory:

0hCrepe Tue 06-Sep-16 06:39:38

Oh how gorgeous altkat, congratulations!

Hi nuggles! Yes it would help if they could give a definite date of arrival!

Bobbycatz Tue 06-Sep-16 07:02:01

Congratulations altkat he's gorgeous!

37+4 here and I'm constantly wondering when baby will arrive, I hate the Unknown!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now