Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Babies due in November 2016 #6

(270 Posts)
coppergrey Tue 30-Aug-16 09:01:17

Starting a fresh new thread for us!

I think Fedup asked about Elderberries and if anyone had heard from her... I haven't seen her name pop up in a while, but I'm not on the FB group either. I've been wondering the same about almondbutter, haven't seen her on here for a while now and know she was really suffering with sickness.

RuskBaby Tue 30-Aug-16 09:23:51

fuzzy meant to say thanks for letting me no on the pee, was wondering how juggling baby, pee breaks and trying to rest was going to plan out.

FuzzyOwl Tue 30-Aug-16 09:46:49

Thanks for the new thread copper.

I think some of us mainly post on the FB group now but if anyone else wants to join, feel free to send me a PM with the email address you use to log onto FB and I can add you. smile Elderberries and Almond are posters on the group.

MissObsessed Tue 30-Aug-16 10:16:46

I'm joining the low iron group too, got a text from my midwife this morning. Feel really guilty about it for some reason, like I haven't been looking after myself and the baby properly.....silly I guess blush At least it explains why I've been feeling so tired even though it's the summer holidays grin

Oooh new thread!
I've got another appointment with my obstetric and Endicrinology consultants today. Hoping it means i only have to see them once more before delivery!
Then midwife tomorrow for my 28 week appointment (rather belated!).
Really can't be bothered to go back to work next half term too, which isn't a good sign!

CakeAndChocolate Tue 30-Aug-16 11:24:10

Thanks for the new thread copper
LittleGrey I hope your appointments go well.
I have zero enthusiasm for work at the moment, I've got things I need to finish before I go on leave but I spend quite a large proportion of my working day staring into space (and lying on the sofa-I work from home). Must try and find some motivation and energy from somewhere.

coppergrey Tue 30-Aug-16 11:54:01

Just had a minor fainting incident at my midwife appointment! She couldn't get any blood out of me and on the second go I started blacking out! Embarrassing. She had to run off and get me some water, then book me another appointment for next week to (hopefully) extract some of this stubborn blood!

She recommended 'a bit of chocolate' so I've just inhaled a brownie grin. Everything else was all fine and bump is measuring spot on so quite annoyed that I wimped out on the bloods!

coppergrey Tue 30-Aug-16 11:54:20

Also, thank you Fuzzy - I'll PM you now and join the FB group! x

needahugbug Tue 30-Aug-16 12:50:02

Hi everyone I've been following this group for a while and have also just joined the fb group. I'm a first time mum and totally panicking about what I need to get and take to hospital etc etc. How is everyone managing in the heat today? I'm struggling x

tiredmumrighthere Tue 30-Aug-16 12:56:31

Oh copper bless you, hope next week is a success for you smile

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
I was having a quiet one until we made a last minute plan to go gullivers land yesterday! Big mistake! My advice to anyone is to not go there on bank holiday it was sooooo busy! I was in agony all day from walking around and standing waiting for the kids to go on rides, went to bed at 9pm I literally couldn't keep my eyes open.

I've had an emotional morning, my baby who's 2 had her first settling in session so I was super emotional sad but she enjoyed it so feel much better now! I'm not ready to let her grow up though so had some tears this morning confused

MrsSecker Tue 30-Aug-16 12:57:58

Can I join the Facebook group please? How do I do that?

RuskBaby Tue 30-Aug-16 13:52:59

copper don't worry they really have seen it all before, for next week drink lots and lots of liquid, in the heat it help keeps your veins ready.
Welcome newbies. For Facebook pm fuzzyowl your email address and she will join you up.
I'm beyond fed up of the heat now, I would love to be cold and able to wrap up rather then hot.

coppergrey Tue 30-Aug-16 14:41:40

Thank you all! She did say it was probably a lack of fluid that was the problem - I'd power walked to the Drs in the heat (error) so that was probably it! I've only ever had my blood taken twice before - both times during this pregnancy - so I think I just need practice! smile

Welcome new people! Hope everyone is well today x

tp15 Tue 30-Aug-16 15:07:08

Hi all, been skulking around for a while, posted something ages ago but since then just reading with interest! I'm another teacher and go back on Thursday! Not at all ready for it, but luckily I've not got a class with me going off just after the half term. I've struggling to decide on baby monitors, what's everyone else thinking? confused

tiredmumrighthere Tue 30-Aug-16 15:28:54

Hi tp15, I've gone for a video monitor this time round, I'm using it on my daughter atm because I don't see the point in just putting it away until November (plus I'm curious to know what she does when I put her down) I don't know why I never had one before there brilliant!

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/mobile/toys/vtech-vm343-pan-and-tilt-video-baby-monitor/TRUP7750400001

Spottyladybird Tue 30-Aug-16 16:02:32

Place marking for later!

RosyP13 Tue 30-Aug-16 16:50:51

I wasn't going to bother with a baby monitor at the moment - I don't think I'll be letting baby out of my sight for a while! Hoping something will come up in the January sales; got enough stuff to buy at the moment!

I'm super jealous of those teachers when haven't been given classes this year! We're also over-due an ofsted inspection so I feel like I'm going to have to work harder than ever!

I've been researching cloth nappies - I'm determined to have a go at using them, but there's so many different types, it's quite confusing! I have bought a Cheeky Wipes kit, which I think will be much better than disposable wipes.

Northernlights123 Tue 30-Aug-16 16:55:31

I'm not bothering with baby monitor initially either Rosy but will invest when I start leaving baby for naps in other rooms X

AyeAmarok Tue 30-Aug-16 18:10:08

Thanks for the new thread!

Glad everyone is still trucking on, and hello to the newbies. smile

tp15 Tue 30-Aug-16 18:14:37

Yeah I think it'll be mainly for when I put the baby in other rooms, for my own peace of mind! January sales is a great idea considering we're all due so near to Xmas.

I know I'm so lucky not being given a class, I'll be given plenty to do I'm sure with being the school senco, and having no one to cover that role, I need to get it so that hardly anything needs doing whilst I'm off!! And I'll be working keeping in touch days after 3-4 months to ensure SEN doesn't go to pot whilst I'm off!! Can only afford 6 months off too as our council maternity pay is shocking!

helenatroy Tue 30-Aug-16 18:21:32

Just popping in.

bobcat85 Tue 30-Aug-16 18:38:17

I might get a monitor but not a video one as I think the price they charge for them is a bit excessive. Although we probably won't bother until baby here as he will be with us most the time.

Rosy I had an ofsted inspection at 36+ wks (they arrived 2 days before I started maternity leave) so i feel your pain. The inspector seemed fine observing me teach year 11 while i bounced on my birthing ball... blush I've been given 26 teaching hours over the fortnight timetable out of 51 when my allocation is 38 (2nd in dept in a core subject) so will be in charge of getting data and schemes in place before i go!
All today's appointments were fine but there's a lack of joined up care with me at the moment - I'm under obs/gynae, neurology and Endicrinology at one hospital and neuro oncology at another hospital and they aren't great at timely communication so I seem to spend half my time just repeating what other drs have said to me in the past few weeks each time!

JadeT2 Tue 30-Aug-16 19:22:16

Is anyone else planning on giving birth in a midwifery led ward in a hospital, rather than a separate unit? I feel safe enough being in the hospital but far enough away that it's a bit more personal. Just crossing my fingers that there's no complications between now and then!

needahugbug Tue 30-Aug-16 19:42:37

Hi Jade, yes I'm also planning on the midwife led ward. It's my first baby so I'm not too sure what to expect. Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now