Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thread 11. TTC #1 Grads, Babies Arriving Or 'Look At What I Made With My Genitals!'

(977 Posts)
AudreyBradshaw Thu 25-Aug-16 18:01:40

Behold, the wonder of birth! Members from 6 weeks bfp to post-partum wonder Mamas! No question to grotty or minging.

We've come full circle from obsessing about cervical mucus to now obsessing if it's our vagina baby plug going! What larks!

Lots of talk about poo, ours and now babies too! Baby brain is REAL! This heat can kiss my arse. And who KNEW being so neurotic about which changing mat to buy could be so satisfying and addictive!

Roll up literally, in my case, cause I'm practically rotund! for TTC #1 Grads!

leoniethelioness Thu 25-Aug-16 18:12:07

Thank you for starting the new thread

HepKestrel Thu 25-Aug-16 18:32:00

<hugs> Leonie he is in goods hands and will be back with you soon.

Mileymoocow Thu 25-Aug-16 18:37:35

Audrey you certainly are the best candidate to take over from potato! I feel like we can't call potato potato anymore because Arya is a real life baby now...hmm!

So...roll call! proper bring it on style

I'm b-big red Miley
34+5
Currently going through morning sickness round 2 with a terribly bad back to boot! Not to mention my mucus plug has decided it's time to evacuate and I can not have a shit. Pregnancy is beautiful!

Pinklily1 Thu 25-Aug-16 19:00:50

Leonie, so sorry to hear you've been separated from Theodore. Hopefully someone can take you to see him asap. I hope you aren't too sore after the c section. Have they said how long you are likely to be in hospital?

So, roll call:

pink
Age 33
Currently 39+2 with baby no.1
Team Pink

Feeling a bit miserable this afternoon. A friend has just had her baby two weeks early (she was due after me) and although I am very happy for her obviously, I had a little meltdown as I felt a tiny bit jealous (probably because I'm feeling whale like and uncomfortable today) and then I felt awful. First time pregnancy hormones have made me feel like a cow confused Going to watch Bake Off on catch up to cheer myself up.

BunchOfBobs Thu 25-Aug-16 19:01:06

Thanks for the new thread Stardrey amazing thread title, prompt made me chuckle.

Bunch,
30, Mama at last with the first grad baby Atticus born 9/8/16 and boy is he gorgeous. Also doing my best to terrify everyone with my hideous stories of my infected episiotomy. Not really trying but sure it's happens regardless.

Mileymoocow Thu 25-Aug-16 19:11:32

bunch you can try to terrify us all you want as long as you back it up with a photo of Atticus. Sooooo worth it.

HepKestrel Thu 25-Aug-16 19:29:02

hep with a very sneaky 6 week bean.

LillianFullStop Thu 25-Aug-16 19:29:31

Yay new thread and 4 (FOUR) thread babies to boot!

Lillian 37 with a 31+4 stowaway named bee.

Leonie hope you get reunited with your little Theodore soon. He's so gorgeous!

bunch you're not terrifying us you are the vanguard!!! You make mumming seem a breeze - we're not surprised given how organised you were for Atticus's arrival.

It won't be long now pink and shelb hang in there! I'm sure the heat is just making your wait even more uncomfortable. your little ones will be here soon!

miley hope the nausea eases up in time for you to enjoy your ML!

shelbTa Thu 25-Aug-16 19:42:35

Thanks stardrey.

34, 39+3weeks with team pink. Nipples like flying saucers, tufty hair, gut rot from a pineapple a day.

X

Pyxie Thu 25-Aug-16 20:10:43

Pyxie, 29, 29+5 with 'Sprout', team vanilla.

Loving the preg hormones today, started the day by using DH toothbrush (totally different colour to mine), and this evening I've cried at DH because I convinced myself that I'm going to have a 20lb baby. I've had a really easy pregnancy so far so really can't complain, but 10 more weeks is seeming like a really long time at the moment!

PotatosMum Thu 25-Aug-16 20:25:36

Congrats Leonie in so glad you and baby are doing fine.

Roll call
Potatoes mum, very proud mamma of 6 day old Arya. And currently very sleep deprived.

So, not been feeling great the past couple of days because my mum is being,excuse the language, a complete bitch. I know that she doesn't know what she's doing to a certain extent but she keeps calling up to call me names, tell me in selfish, abuse OH, accuse me of throwing her in a care home and demand that I spend more time with her. Today Arya cried for a second while I was on the phone and mum shouted at her to shut up.angry were supposed to be taking Arya to meet her tomorrow and I'm dreading it. A really nasty part of me wishes she was still catatonic sad
What's worse, I've started getting really teary and in scared the extra stress is going to cause me to get postnatal depression sad

Wasn't going to post about it but it's really effecting me sad

HepKestrel Thu 25-Aug-16 20:28:54

potato tell her your not up to going out tomorrow.

AudreyBradshaw Thu 25-Aug-16 20:30:31

Stardrey, 30. 27+1 with a vanilla bambino kicking me in the guts like a champ! Overdone it a bit this week I think though, heat, stress plus being exhausted!

Getting things collected and together now, still need a cot and whatnot but actually getting a bit excited!

HepKestrel Thu 25-Aug-16 20:30:58

<hugs> potato look after yourself.

BunchOfBobs Thu 25-Aug-16 20:33:45

Oh potato sorry you're having a bad few days. It's completely normal to be teary after baby. It's baby blues and doesn't mean you're getting PND. Can you take a step back from mum for a week or so? Ask the home not to allow her to call you or is that not possible?
I have moments every day where I cry or on the verge of tears. I've had an amazing day getting out with Atticus by myself, taking him to the osteopath. Doing a tonne of laundry and sorting house stuff out and because Atticus has had 2 hours of being in pain with his tummy thanks to my antibiotics I've been in tears because "it's all my fault, I'm a terrible mum". And that's all without the stress you've had,'it's no surprise you're teary. Be kind to yourself and take it easy. And vent vent vent. A problem shared is a problem halved after all flowers

AudreyBradshaw Thu 25-Aug-16 20:34:55

potato absolutely don't go, the last thing you need is any stress and your mum is not herself, the disease sees to that. If it's not good for you, you do not need to feel guilted into going under amy circumstances. flowers

Danni89 Thu 25-Aug-16 20:36:20

37+4, team blue- so ready to meet him now and this heat can do one! Lots of period pain and backaches sad

Thanks Audrey for the thread

Hope you are reunited with Theo leonie, and you both are doing well

If you're having anxieties about seeing your mum potato maybe you should delay it till you are completely ready, as you said you don't want added stress at the moment

IndiX Thu 25-Aug-16 21:16:28

Hi ladies!

indi
25 y/o
33+2 with a baby girl called Beanie.

Currently eating some chocolate back at my mum's in Liverpool feeling like a beached whale with sciatica. Also getting kicked the shit out of by the little buggerlugs in my tum.

Miley so sorry you have bloody sickness again! Hope it doesn't stick round until the end.

Potato please never feel like you shouldn't/can't mention anything. As bunch says I'm sure it's completely normal to feel upset and teary with all the hormones, plus the extra stress and worry of your mum. Definitely postpone the trip until you're ready. You don't need any stress or upset atm. Hope you're okflowers

IndiX Thu 25-Aug-16 21:17:21

Oh also I hope you have been reunited with your gorgeous Theo Leonie! Hope you are feeling ok X

Pinklily1 Thu 25-Aug-16 21:17:51

Forgot to say, thanks for the new thread Audrey.

I second what others have said potato , don't go and visit your mum tomorrow if it's going to cause you more stress. I know she is unwell and can't help what she says/does, but you don't need to put yourself in that environment at the minute flowers

drinkyourmilk Thu 25-Aug-16 21:48:44

I'm ready to join if that's OK?
Drinkyourmilk 39, currently 8+3 due April 3rd. Will be flying for team vanilla.
I've been following the past few days, and so excited to see 4 tiny new humans. Well done mums! !
You all sound like you are doing amazingly well.
potato my mum has mental health issues, and at times we need to to go none contact. It's difficult and I struggle with guilt at times, but I need to protect myself. If you feel strong enough I'd avoid your mum for a bit, ask hubby to firefight for you.

Pinklily1 Thu 25-Aug-16 21:52:04

Hi Drink and welcome! How are you feeling so far?

HepKestrel Thu 25-Aug-16 21:56:59

Confession: it took me much longer than it should to understand what team blue/pink/vanilla means! blush

drinkyourmilk Thu 25-Aug-16 21:58:54

Most of the time I'm OK. Constipated mind you. I've started on lactulose.
had 2 bleeds, so been to epau.
Saw the heartbeat a couple of weeks ago, so I'm over the moon.
If you remember we've been trying for over 10 years. This an ivf baby.
Very few symptoms, occasional nausea and not-being-able-to-move exhaustion.
Wow! That was good to get it all out! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now