Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in March 2017 - thread #4

(999 Posts)
NameChange30 Thu 25-Aug-16 07:46:14

New thread for the March 2017 club!

We have a stats spreadsheet - please add yourself if you're new or update your info if you have a new EDD or a scan date!

Previous threads:
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Butterpuff Thu 25-Aug-16 07:58:24

Thanks NameChange and morning all. Hope your all more sprightly than me today. Sharing the bed with DD does not make restful sleep. confused I'm struggling with the stats sheet, think my firewall is stopped me using it. Will have another go next week once I have a due date.

Carolann8584 Thu 25-Aug-16 07:59:06

Just place marking

Carolann
DC 1
edd 17th March

neonrainbow Thu 25-Aug-16 08:15:44

Place marking!

Dc 1+2
Edd 1st March

HughLauriesStubble Thu 25-Aug-16 08:21:28

Hugh
Dc3
Edd March 18th

Happygojo86 Thu 25-Aug-16 08:27:46

Just place marking. I will add my stats if everything is well after my scan next week. Only 6 sleeps to go

Dozygirl Thu 25-Aug-16 08:27:52

super could u ring up and rearrange it? I had a number to call on my appointment if I wanted to change it mines not till November though so seems ages away.

Good luck those having scans. Mine is at cowboy time 09:50. Although no doubt they'll be running late. Poor dp is really busy at work so normally he would work from home afterwards but he'll have to drive in straight after. He works miles away too. At least he's coming to the scan though. Just hope all is OK now!

rbucz Thu 25-Aug-16 08:30:02

R-bucz
DC #1
EDD 26th March

Tutuloves Thu 25-Aug-16 09:13:07

Today 07:27 Tutuloves

Super it's a company called peekababy. I live in Birmingham but they have another site in London. It's just Birmingham and London though I'm afraid for this company. Here's the link:
www.peek-a-baby.co.uk/gender-scan

Tutuloves Thu 25-Aug-16 09:15:33

Tutuloves
DC3
EDD:28th Feb (but as I was 7 days late and 10 days for the first two I'm sticking around here)
All the best for all those with scans. It all goes so quick at the scan so saviour every moment of the first time you meet your little baby.

Thanks Tutu, I'm in London so I'm going to see if I can convince DH!

Dozy a friend of mine has Mondays off and is soon to go travelling so she's said she'll happily cover for me as she could do with some extra cash, and !y boss is fine with it. Can't wait for school to go back!

Had a thought last night, anyone else with late Feb/early march EDD glad its not a leap year?

Carolann8584 Thu 25-Aug-16 09:25:52

super my OH said that last night! weird, but said to him this year was a leap year lol.

We are due mid March, not had scan yet so that could change.

Tutuloves Thu 25-Aug-16 09:27:43

Super I'm going down the £45 is a few takeaways route with my DH I'll let you know if I convince him.
Also, I knew a kid at school who was born on 29th Feb, he said he was 3 years old when we were 12 or something like that. I thought it was quite cool.

Rosey135 Thu 25-Aug-16 09:35:10

Rosey
Edd- 10/3
DC 1

I managed to add myself to the spreadsheet after a load of faffing, I am a technophobe, but for some reason mine has formatted sightly differently but oh well the info is there.

feeling very sleep this morning and there is a water main burst in my area so no water till later today!!

Just called and my consultant appt is only 20 min long. Such a faff!

I reckon he might well be up for it Tutu... I shall report back!

Carolann8584 Thu 25-Aug-16 09:49:08

Bit the bullet, jeans have been abandoned, leggings on. Keep weighing myself not too bad so far I think (hope) gained 3lbs.

HughLauriesStubble Thu 25-Aug-16 10:11:09

I'm almost 11 weeks and I've gained about 3lb too carolann but still squeezing into my stretchy jeans for now I think I put on more in the first few weeks when I was eating all sorts to combat the constant nausea but it seems to have evened out a bit now.

I have a huge bag of maternity clothes up in the attic from my last 2 pregnancies but I've lost 3 stone and 3 dress sizes in the meantime, and I've thrown out all my bigger sized normal clothes. I hate the thought of buying more stuff! Hoping I can get away with just going up a size in normal clothes and wearing stretchy tunics and leggings but we'll see how it goes.

Tutuloves Thu 25-Aug-16 10:30:04

As any one else got to have a Glucose Tolerance Test? Mines just come through the post for end of November. My dad has type 2 diabetes so that's why I've got to have it.

MissClarke86 Thu 25-Aug-16 10:48:30

I have to have one as well Tutu because my dad is also type 2 diabetic.

neonrainbow Thu 25-Aug-16 10:51:18

I think I'm going to have to have one as my bmi is 30

MissClarke86 Thu 25-Aug-16 10:57:38

Mine is 32 blush

My midwife didn't seem too bothered about my weight, but as I read through the paperwork I saw something that said women with a BMI over 30 MUST be referred to this group for weight control!

I've pretended I've not seen it...I'm too anxious about actually keeping this baby going in there without stressing about weight loss. Also without alcohol what else is there to look forward to!? wink I am trying not to overeat though but every day I literally fancy a really specific thing for dinner and nothing else will do.

HughLauriesStubble Thu 25-Aug-16 10:58:22

Yes I always have one too because my dad is type 1 diabetic and there's a history of gd in my family too. The least pleasant bit for me is that the lucozade gives me woeful heartburn on an empty stomach envy

Carolann8584 Thu 25-Aug-16 10:59:22

My MIL and SIL are both type 2 but my OH isn't. I have a high BMI but had blood test in the past have all come but healthy (surprising my GP)

So they might tell me a I need to have it

On a separate issue, has anyone been asked to take part in research for pregnant women? something about study iodine levels?
Would you do it if asked? it involves extra blood taken on MW visits and urine samples.

Carolann8584 Thu 25-Aug-16 11:00:59

back not but healthy

Tutuloves Thu 25-Aug-16 11:06:03

I absolutely hate the GTT. I had not being able to eat before you go, then the blood test on a empty stomach then that vile glucose drink then another blood test on an empty stomach. Still needs must I guess. Although I've never had Gestational diabetes in my first two pregnancies so don't know why I would this time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now