Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2016 babies Thread 7. Come on babies, we're ready for you!

(129 Posts)
plimsolls Tue 23-Aug-16 02:09:42

Although I'm graduating over to the post-natal board, I thought I'd start a new thread as I just noticed we're almost at capacity on the old thread.

Laineypopps Tue 23-Aug-16 03:54:52

Thanks plimsolls. Really hope I'll be joining you soon. Unfortunately, it does look like false labour yesterday as I've had nothing more. Waking up for my usual 4am pee, I'm sitting thinking about where to go from here. I'm 40+12 now and pretty sure that labour isn't going to start spontaneously. Looks like induction for me. I am disappoonted but also very thankful as I know there are so many people out there who would give everything to even have this decision to make. So, will try for a few hours more sleep and then wake up in a more positive frame of mind.

AddictedtoGreys Tue 23-Aug-16 07:30:28

Hi all, looks like they were just annoying BH last night until gone midnight. My DS was up at 6.30 for the day today and I am shattered!

quitecrunchy Tue 23-Aug-16 08:23:59

Thanks for the new thread plimsolls!

Congratulations Jayne, hope you and baby are doing well.

Lainey and addicted commiserations on the false alarms, how disappointing! Maybe getting the induction booked in will give baby the incentive to get a move on and arrive before then. Hope you're not feeling too down this morning anyway.

cake for all those still preggers. I'm 40+1 today and well aware the end may still be a while off, argh!

TabbyToes Tue 23-Aug-16 10:05:28

Hello everyone, haven't posted for a few days... Congrats to those with brand new tiny babies and Shanster I hope you are OK? Lainey I'm sorry things didn't go to plan for you but wishing you a good experience and a happy healthy small one very soon.

I'm off to hospital tomorrow for my planned c section (breech) and I am feeling pretty nervous. I went out last night with my antenatal group, I'm the first one in the group to give birth, I wish someone else from the group had already had theirs! And I found out yesterday that my hospital like to try to discharge you 24 hours after section, seems crazy early to me!!

I have a nice day planned today though so hoping I can chill out for the last time in a while... And the sun is out and all is beautiful today.

Laineypopps Tue 23-Aug-16 10:37:56

Well, made hubby dtd this morning and (cautiously suggesting) surges seem to have started again. They feel quite strong, a bit uncomfortable but I am reluctant to start timing!!!! Cross everything that this is it! I so desperately want my natural birth!!!

OohMavis Tue 23-Aug-16 12:27:01

I posted on the Facebook page but Zelda Rose arrived safely at home after a rather intense, fast labour early yesterday morning! She's just beautiful. And a whopper (for me) at 9lb5oz.

Third baby to arrive the day after their due date! What are the chances?

CheeseandGherkins Tue 23-Aug-16 12:52:57

Oohmavis congratulations! Lovely news. Love the name. Freya's middle name is also Rose smile

AddictedtoGreys Tue 23-Aug-16 13:07:50

Congratulations oohmavis!

TabbyToes Tue 23-Aug-16 13:56:17

Fab news oohmavis! Anything happening for you Lainey?

Laineypopps Tue 23-Aug-16 15:27:42

Congratulations mavis!!! Excellent!!

Nothing to report here. 😔

LotsOfDots Tue 23-Aug-16 15:29:28

Congratulations mavis hope everyone else is doing well X DS has spent all day feeding and not sleeping. I am knackered! Every time I put him down thinking he's ready for a big nap he does a maximum of 10 minutes. I would like to doze in the sofa please!

quitecrunchy Tue 23-Aug-16 18:29:32

Good luck tomorrow Tabby! Baby will be here before you know it, how exciting!

Lainey you must be going a bit mental with all the start-stopping you poor thing. Hope things get moving again for good soon.

Shanster hope all's well with you.

Mavis saw your post on the fb page (beautiful!) but congrats again! I bet your other DCs are mad about her already.

Got referred for a growth scan today as my fundal measurement hasn't changed in the last couple of weeks. It's first thing tomorrow so not long to wait. MW thinks it's probably just due to her engaging more so not too concerned. Does anyone know - do they measure blood flow through the placenta as standard in these things or just measure baby's size?

OwlinaTree Tue 23-Aug-16 18:40:15

Congratulations Mavis! 9lb 5oz!! Wow!

Shanster Tue 23-Aug-16 20:26:24

Sorry to everyone having false labour, it really is a cruel trick of nature!!! Mavis - congrats!!! Those 9lbers are a blessing, they eat more and sleep more smile

crunchy - at my u/s in the past couple of weeks they check the placenta function and the growth (as well as fluid levels). It should be a full bio profile.

Tabby - good luck on your c-section, I hope it goes more smoothly than mine did!!! Sorry in advance for the essay - I went in yesterday for my c-section. It was scheduled at 2.30pm, so I had to be nil by mouth from midnight. In pre-op they did a quick ultrasound to check he was still breech and ....surprise surprise he was head down. Since my fluid level was low on Friday, they said they'd induce but were kind enough to say I could eat something first. The nurse gave me a sweep during the internal and I was having some decent contractions (irregular, but headed in the right direction). I had a quick sandwich and a big glass of water, waited an hour (contractions started to calm down) and then the nurse came in with the pessary to start the induction......and found the baby was lying transverse again. 3 nurses then the ob all game in for a good gawp, apparently this doesn't happen very often and had to be verified by all 4 of them. They couldn't start the induction obviously, and after an hour they determined they wouldn't do the c-section because i'd eaten something. So I was sent home at 8pm last night and I'm to go back in at 4am tomorrow morning to start the circus all over again.

I went back to work this morning, but my boss was cross and told me to go home. I walked to school and picked up the kids and made them walk the long way home in the hopes of starting something. I weigh 4lbs less than I did 2 weeks ago, my bump looks smaller (I suppose because I've lost fluid?) and this kid is STILL changing positions all day long. Bloody uncomfortable too, but I'm started to get a bit worried that he really needs out now!!!

quitecrunchy Tue 23-Aug-16 21:48:47

Jeez Shanster you've been through it the last couple of days, major sympathies! You've got a bit of a prankster on your hands there! Surely tomorrow they'll just have to go straight to c-section in case that happens again? At least with all the checks you'll be getting they'll be able to intervene quickly if they have any concerns about the wee one. Good luck for tomorrow. Good to know what they check during the growth scan too, cheers!

Shanster Tue 23-Aug-16 23:06:05

I know crunchy, I'm starting to think I shouldn't let him out, my other 2 are pretty spirited and active but I'm afraid #3 is going to rule the roost here!

Good luck with the u/s in the morning!!

quitecrunchy Wed 24-Aug-16 11:08:27

Thanks shanster, all was good with the scan - she's not a big baby but no concerns at all so sent home to continue the wait.

AddictedtoGreys Wed 24-Aug-16 13:26:46

More "signs" here today that will no doubt turn into nothing except disappointment. 2 bouts of diarrhoea (sorry for TMI!), strong back pain in waves on and off, some mild cramping. Nothing I haven't had before though sad wish it would all just piss off until it is the actual time to happen!

Lou2711 Wed 24-Aug-16 16:45:21

Greys I'm exactly the same, after my second sweep things seemed like they were about to happen last night, had my bloody show and lots of back ache but today it's worn off sad. My midwife advised me to stay on my feet/active and it does seem to help but on a day like today I just want to sit hmm

Laineypopps Wed 24-Aug-16 16:49:57

Hi all!!
I hope the sections have gone well and you both have a gorgeous wee bundle shanster and tabby- can't wait to hear your news.

Any more signs greys? Crossing everything for labour starting for you!!! Well, apart from my legs ha ha!!

I had consultant appointment today to discuss our action plan. Trace was good and baby is happy. She gave me a second tonsil sweep and I have been bleeding ever since. Surges are coming sore and strong every 7-9 minutes and have been for a few hours. Not getting hopes up but cautiously optimistic that this may be leading somewhere. If not, I'm going in on Sat to have waters released and, if I begin after that and have a good trace, I can still have a water/hypno birth.

Glad your scan went well crunchy! Any signs yet?

AddictedtoGreys Wed 24-Aug-16 18:14:45

lainey and lou still getting strong lower back ache and lots of pressure where I think the baby is pushing down constantly! Not had any contractions, but had some aching under my bump. Lots of movement from the baby, not had any of my plug or anything either. Due date in 3 days, wish it would hurry up. Although I feel like I'm going to get to 42 weeks and end up being induced at the moment. hmm

quitecrunchy Wed 24-Aug-16 21:15:19

Cheers Lainey! Got a bit of backache, lots of BH and some fanny daggers but nothing exciting yet. That's great that you at least know that baby's still perfectly happy in there and that the birth you want is still on the table! Fingers and toes crossed for you that this is it FINALLY!

Hang on in there Lou and Addicted!

Lou2711 Wed 24-Aug-16 21:33:07

I'm 40+5 and I have a week to get this baby out before I get induced and I keep telling myself it's not going to happen!! I've been waiting for so long I'm going to be shocked when/if it happens lol! This extra time is getting to me though! Mw said I'm ready to go and she could have popped my waters during my sweep if she wanted but still, no babyhmm. Hurry up little one!!

Laineypopps Thu 25-Aug-16 00:04:50

So 20 mins after posting on here my waters released and my ginormous baby boy was born at 7.07pm in the pool with gas and air. He weighed 9lb 4oz. It was fairly intense but manageable. Very, very quick though. Hypno breathing got me through without a doubt. Not a stitch, just a mild graze. Both doing really well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now