Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Third pregnancy and feeling anxious - due March 2017

(5 Posts)
Grace1980 Tue 09-Aug-16 22:26:21

Hi all,

I'm 7 weeks pregnant with my third baby. My eldest DDs are 4.11 and 3.1. This pregnancy was planned but did take a while for me to come round to the idea; my husband was much keener much sooner! Initially I felt delighted at the news, but now am feeling quite concerned about how people will react. I found the smallish age gap between my first 2 really hard - and often cried on family / friends when I was sleep deprived and desperate. Also, I had some problems with my hubby for a few months last year (we went to counselling, did lots of soul searching, and finally agreed to make things work - I think part of the problem was my depression, I spent 6 months on anti depressants and felt so much better since then) anyway...this is a long winded way of saying I'm really feeling anxious about the whole thing, especially people's judgements. I've been with my husband 15 years, and 3 kids has always been on the agenda, although I did swear no more when in the throes of nightmarish sleep deprivation. Is anyone else out there pregnant with no 3 and feeling similarly? Need some reassurance sad(

Box2 Tue 09-Aug-16 23:20:56

Hi lovely 😊
It's easy to say don't worry when your not in this position.
My heart goes out to you. How's DH taken the news? Babies/children are a blessing, try not to get to worked up and take each day as it comes. I only have 2 but with my first I had PND and I was worried what ppl would think having a second, but I've coped so much better and no one had judged.

Congratulations btw xxxx

Box2 Tue 09-Aug-16 23:25:06

Also... Sorry to over do it on here, the hard nights will go and the stressful times pass, easy to say but enjoy it as much as you can because as you know it goes so quick xx

Grace1980 Wed 10-Aug-16 07:35:17

Thank you Box2. Hubby is delighted, he really really wants 3 (we are both one of 3). He's great with the kids. I know it's irrelevant what people think but it does bother me. I think I feel like I won't be 'allowed' to struggle as I've brought it on myself!!! i didn't feel done with kids - I think I would have regretted not having a third, and I am going to treasure every stage (wherever possible!!!) as I know it's my last. Thanks again, had a really wobbly day yesterday xx

Box2 Wed 10-Aug-16 07:54:08

Morning,
Having struggled with my first, and quite frankly hating it, and my 2nd is my last 😩 I'm like you say treasuring every moment, even the hard times I'm looking at differently and coping far better. Just because you've had depression doesn't mean you won't cope and other people shouldn't think that either, xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now