Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in March 2017 - thread #3

(990 Posts)
NameChange30 Tue 09-Aug-16 21:20:44

New thread for the March 2017 club!

Here are my stats:
Name: Name
EDD: 2nd March
DC #1

MrsMushrooms Tue 09-Aug-16 21:22:47

Hello! Just place marking smile

DaisyBank82 Tue 09-Aug-16 21:26:23

Thanks for the new thread, Name!

Name - Daisy... kinda ;)
Age - 34
EDD - 2nd March based on LMP but I think it'll be dated later after scan. Having said that, I had DD1 at 37+3!
DC #2

WhereDoAllThePokemonGo Tue 09-Aug-16 21:29:01

Evening all!

Name: WhereDo
EDD: 16th March
DC #1

Sorry to all of you who are struggling with symptoms at the moment; my only symptom has been tiredness and I had a week of light brown spotting at week 6. Had my booking in appointment with the midwife and she didn't seem at all bothered or concerned - I just don't feel pregnant. Wish I could know either way but my scan isn't until 7th September!

MrsMushrooms Tue 09-Aug-16 21:35:36

Pokemon, I felt like that! Have you thought about a reassurance scan? If you can't get in at your EPU, it can be quite cheap to go private - it cost us £39 including a CD of photos

WhereDoAllThePokemonGo Tue 09-Aug-16 21:38:56

Thanks Mrs, I did momentarily consider a private scan but decided that it probably won't change anything....could still be swayed though grin Did you also suffer from a lack of symptoms?

MrsMushrooms Tue 09-Aug-16 21:40:03

Kind of - I was tired and occasionally slightly nauseous but definitely didn't feel pregnant. I couldn't wait 'til 12 weeks! You're right, it doesn't change anything but I felt it was helpful to know what was going on

Carolann8584 Tue 09-Aug-16 21:41:26

Carolann8584

DC#1
8weeks+4

alphabook Tue 09-Aug-16 21:53:25

Woohoo thread 3!

Name: Alpha
EDD: 1st March
DC1

10+6 and desperately hoping that my morning sickness doesn't go on into the 2nd trimester, I'm finding it increasingly hard to cope. It seems to be getting worse not better!

SuperDuperJezebel Tue 09-Aug-16 21:53:28

SuperDuperJezebel
DC1
10 weeks +3
Still having slight brownish colour when I wipe but EPU did say it could continue for around a week... Even tho everything was fine on the scan I still feel nervous. I know 12 weeks isn't the magic number but I wish it would hurry up.

Lozza92 Tue 09-Aug-16 22:07:19

Lozza92
DC1
EDD: 9th March 9+5

Scan on the 31st but I'm so impatient, seeing my family the weekend before and I bit gutted I won't have anything to show them

cyclinggirl22 Tue 09-Aug-16 22:18:12

Cyclinggirl
DC #1
EDD 6 March grin

First scan on 25th and so excited

Has anyone else been told they have to pay to find out the sex with the NHS scan? With our local NHS it is a seperate scan at 23 weeks and is £35!

Butterpuff Tue 09-Aug-16 22:23:11

Thanks for the new thread. We had booking today. We are banned from MLU, straight to hospital this time, have to discuss VBAC vs Elective. sad

MrsMushrooms Tue 09-Aug-16 22:33:57

cyclinggirl that's shocking!! The only charge associated with NHS scans here are £1 'donations' for any photos

Dozygirl Tue 09-Aug-16 22:43:34

Not heard of paying to find out the sex but have heard of some hospitals having policies not to tell the sex. I.guess it's because they can get it wrong and they don't want to be liable. I paid for a second scan with my dd just because I'd heard too many stories of it being wrong so wanted a second opinion. I still worried she'd come out a boy, but only because I had all girl things.

Lbd no problem here with u posting. More than welcome.

Butter did u have a troublesome first delivery? I wanted mlu for my dd but ended up with high bp so lost out on that choice. Not sure what I'll be this time but I'm larger than I was with dd so that might automatically put me into high risk category.

cyclinggirl22 Tue 09-Aug-16 22:43:33

mrsmushrooms that's what I thought but wasn't sure if it was normal. We are thinking of going private as photos are on top that cost!

Dustycorners Tue 09-Aug-16 22:52:30

Thanks for the new thread!

Name: Dustycorners
EDD: 9th March
Dc2

Welcome LRD!

Elsa so sorry you're still in limbo. How agonising for you flowers

Alpha, Daisy and anyone else feeling sick as a dog, sorry it isn't easing off yet. I felt great yesterday on the new meds but shit again today sad I could cry, but I'm too nauseous to manage it. Ugh.

wornoutboots Tue 09-Aug-16 22:52:45

started bleeding today, waiting for hospital to call in the morning with scan appointment sad

rbucz Tue 09-Aug-16 22:57:41

R-Bucz
7weeks +2
EDD 26th March

Cyclinggirl- that's crazy, can't believe they're making you pay extra for that.
LBD* - no problems with me smile welcome!

MrsMushrooms Tue 09-Aug-16 23:03:47

Dozy yeah, my parents weren't allowed to know my gender because at the time a lot of people in the area had been aborting girls so they implemented a blanket ban which i can understand as a sensible policy! Just trying to make money off it (and requiring more appointments as well, as if it's not difficult enough to get convenient appointments) is unjustified though, IMO! If the gender is visible at the anomaly scan then it doesn't cost the NHS any more to just say what it is sad

Cycling yeah, I would! The place we went to for the reassurance scan charge about £35 for a gender scan including photos and it's a much nicer atmosphere than a hospital.

Boots sorry to hear that, I hope things work out OK!!

Dustycorners Tue 09-Aug-16 23:21:17

Wornoutboots sorry to hear that - fingers firmly crossed for you that it's nothing serious. flowers

Mummytobe83 Wed 10-Aug-16 01:13:54

Name -Saffron
Age -33
Edd-10th of March
DC1
Hello everyone. Can I please join? I have been lurking for a while. I am sorry that some of you guys are having a hard time. Fingers crossed that all turns our well.

I am 9+5 weeks but don't really feel pregnant at the moment, I have my first midwife appointment on Monday the 15th of August I can't wait for the scan!

I am currently on holiday in Greece but spending most of the holiday sleeping in the hotel room. I hate all the food and the all the smells.

SuperDuperJezebel Wed 10-Aug-16 03:56:39

Hi Saffron, sympathies, I went to Greece at about 6 weeks pregnant, it was so hot and the food smelled so strongly, so many smokers etc. I love Greece but if anyone even mentions it these days I feel nauseous at the memory!

Thinking of you Wornout, hoping the bleeding is just a blip xx

Dozy I also have high BP, the midwives are fine with me seeing the consultant a few times and coming up with a birth plan but generally being under the care of the MLU ('you make a plan with the consultant and then if you want to you come back to us and you can make changes'!). She said in my case that I'm not high risk but it seems to be high risk or no risk. However the MLU and the high risk units and just down the hall from each other so I can go to HR easily if needed. I really want everything to be simple and normal if possible (I hate fuss, if things go wrong I get super anxious!), I think every trust/hospitals different tho.

Also, wide awake at 4am. This has got to be my body's way of preparing me, surely?!

HmrTron Wed 10-Aug-16 04:39:57

Me too super! I wake up about this time every morning feeling a bit sick...I normally have a fig roll (they are my friend atm!) and fall back to sleep. It helps but cant help thinking my body is just used to a little sugar boost around this time every day rather than it being mild morning sickness!

I'm 10+2, saw heartbeat at 7+2 and having a private scan later today. I feel like I'm being a bit of a drama queen and quite guilty for making a fuss but my sister is visiting this weekend and there is no way I can't not tell her! Just want to make sure after my mmc last year and also less symptoms recently. Could be worst news to share though so may be making the wrong decision not waiting until my proper scan at the end of the month. I'm very anxious naturally so I just hope its reassuring

Welcome LRD smile

HmrTron Wed 10-Aug-16 04:41:55

boots hope you can be seen quickly today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now