Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thread #9 - TTC#1 grads thread - it's the final countdown

(997 Posts)
PotatosMum Thu 14-Jul-16 11:14:13

Welcome to thread 9 of TTC#1 grads. Warning this thread moves fast!

Time is passing and our first few grads are nearly ready to pop! Nesting is in full swing and everyone is in awe of Bunch's epic organisation.

Anyone is welcome to join the journey regardless of stage, no TMI is TMI, no question is too silly, we're all in it together so just pop in and say hello grin

Team P - 8
Team B - 8
Team V - 7

August
11 Mor (Team Vanilla)
13 Bunch (Team Blue)
16 New (Team Vanilla)
27 Potato (Team Pink)
30 Pink (Team Pink)

September
1 Shelb (Team Pink)
2 Taz (Team Blue)
4 Nev (Team Blue)
8 DrWhy
12 Danni (Team Blue)
14 Soda (Team Vanilla)
28 Leonie (Team Blue)
29 Laurenrl (Team Pink)

October
3 Lisa (Team Vanilla)
6 Irregular (Team Pink)
8 Miley (Team Vanilla)
12 Indi (Team Pink)
13 Co5mo (Team Blue)
15 Planet (Team Pink)
23 Lillian (Team Pink)
26 Lara (Team Blue)
30 First

November
19 Canters (Team Blue)
20 Jam
25 Audrey (Stark) (Team Vanilla)
29 Elle

December
12 Feef

January 17
4 May
13 Ni (Team Vanilla)

February 17
15 Evergreen

PotatosMum Thu 14-Jul-16 11:17:15

Roll call!!

Name: Potato
Week: 33

Totally shattered, broken and hungry all the time. Oh and I need to pee hmm

LillianFullStop Thu 14-Jul-16 11:19:45

Yay thanks potato new thread! This could be the one with birth announcements! grin

Lillian (37) TTC #1 with a very wiggly little 25+4 stowaway named Bee 🐝

BunchOfBobs Thu 14-Jul-16 11:28:44

Thanks for the new thread potato, as always, great pics chosen.

Bunch (30)
35+5 with a blue colon kicker called Pip.

Just headed into this weeks osteopath appointment. Perfect timing as the last two days pain has been getting worse in my pubic bone again.

I've had one meltdown so far today in relation to the oven needing cleaning. DH still off work for me and he literally picked me up off the floor when I realised being on my knees trying to reach into the oven clearly wasn't going to happen. blush

AudreyBradshaw Thu 14-Jul-16 11:48:20

Thanks for the new thread potato grin exciting to think we're probably going to have some baby announcements on this one!

Stardrey grin 30, and 21+1 with 'Our Baby'. Creating lists of things to get sorted and ready! Time to start decorating!

Sodasoda Thu 14-Jul-16 12:19:25

Thanks potato

Soda (33) and 30+1 with squirmy vanilla flavoured baby! Ankles have disappeared overnight and feeling very large everywhere!

Mileymoocow Thu 14-Jul-16 12:22:07

Laughing so hard at the tortoise. Brilliant grin I can relate.

Shiiiiiit, hopefully there will be some birth announcements! grin scary but exciting.

miley
27+5 with a vanilla baba currently having my life with heartburn, back ache and the occasional swift kick to the organs. Leave food near me, I will eat it. Give me water, I will pee immediately.

Pinklily1 Thu 14-Jul-16 12:25:09

Thanks for the new thread Potato!

So, roll call - Pink, age 33, currently 33+2 weeks pregnant with baby no.1, a little girl.

Welcome to Ni! Glad you are starting to feel a bit better.

Sounds like your dad is in decent spirits Bunch. Fingers crossed he is ok for the flight on 22nd.

Soda, is that the last event out of the way now then?!

I feel a bit crap today. Not been too hormonal so far but just feel bleuh today. Feeling sick, headache, constantly hungry and starting to stress about OH's job situation. Also at the point now where I just want the weeks to whizz by and baby to be here already.

LisaTheSimpson Thu 14-Jul-16 12:45:23

Thanks Potato

Lisa, age 29
28+3 with a vanilla invader called Wiggles.

Potato, I remember you saying some of the movement is like having a belly full of eels - it really is! Very strange feeling, sometimes...

Miley - I notice you're a couple of days off the third trimester - how exciting! I'm on holiday from tomorrow to next Friday, so probably won't be on the thread much. Wanted to say congrats in advance!

AudreyBradshaw Thu 14-Jul-16 13:06:36

I JUST SAW MY FIRST KICK! THROUGH MY SKIN LIKE, SO MY BELLY JUMPED!! THAT WAS SO COOL!

LillianFullStop Thu 14-Jul-16 14:11:12

Oh that is so funny audrey!!! I only just saw my first kick yesterday and only once but it was very funny! Tried to get her to do it again so DH could see but she was not having it.

My latest update is that I seem to have ballooned overnight and as of today I can no longer see my own crotch beyond this growing belly blush - let the personal grooming now go downhill!

IndiX Thu 14-Jul-16 14:14:10

Great pics potato I can totally relate!

Indi (25) 27+1 with baby no.1 called Beanie, team pink.

Feeling achey, tired and generally a bit blah this week but apart from that pretty good. I have my 28 week appt with the midwife today, 1 week early as I go on holiday with my mum on Monday. Looking forward to getting in my last bit of proper sun before Beanie arrives.

Bunch so glad to hear your dad is in better spirits. Hopefully he'll be able to get home soon.

Stardrey YES! It's the most bizarre feeling and sight ever but amazing. I was actually terrified close to tears when I first saw beanie roll and my belly change shape completely. Get used to lots of kicks and punches coming your way!

Pink I've been the same the last few days, generally just feeling a bit blah and shitty. putting it down to hormones along with everything else. Not too long to until baby will be heresmile

Hope you all have a lovely day ladies.

Danni89 Thu 14-Jul-16 14:15:22

Danni, 27 with a 31+4 cartwheeling baby boy.

Suffering with hip pain and restless nights - but off for a spa break for OH birthday tomorrow, hoping a pregnancy massage will help a lil.

Glad to hear you dad is slowly on the mend bunch!

shelbTa Thu 14-Jul-16 14:26:28

Place marking!

34. With 33+3 hiccuper

X

PotatosMum Thu 14-Jul-16 14:50:25

Bunch it perfectly understandable to have a meltdown over oven cleaning... I keep looking at mine and thinking "nope, not happening"

Miley that tortoise is exactly how I feel in the morning and the 6 times I need to pee in the night I was sure I couldn't be the only one!

Pink sorry you're having an off day. Try to relax and just get through the day, you'll probably feel better tomorrow.

Lisa yep, the eel feeling was weird, it lasted a few weeks and then turned into distinct baby fidgeting for me... I assume as Potato ran out of room for squirming.

Audrey, Lillian congrats on seeing your first baby kick. It's so exciting when you start seeing evidence of what's going on inside grin

Lillian the ability to see my foof is a long distant memory, I assume it's still there, growing wild and I have fond wishes to see it again some day confused

OHs old house has completed so we have the deposit for our new one grin trying to get an update on that is a nightmare though hmm why is nothing ever simple, I feel like we've been going through conveyance forever!

ElleSarcasmo Thu 14-Jul-16 15:18:18

Checking in!

Elle, age 35, 20+3 with a lovely little banana.

I think I felt some kicks yesterday and today. Can't wait to feel proper movement!

Thanks for the new thread Potato! Love the pictures! grin

I'm going to be team vanilla next time you update the list, also my edd is 28th (got moved forward a day after 12 week scan but forgot to say).

That's great news about your OH job Miley! You must be chuffed. Hopefully you will have good news soon Pink.

Bunch hope your dad is doing ok and that the walk round the ward went well, it must have been such a relief to speak to him. Hope in laws cheer you up and don't drive you too batty!

Danni pregnancy massage sounds lovely, I keep forgetting that my gym do one as I've been meaning to book for a while.

Indi you're nearly into the 3rd trimester, yay! smile

Pyxie Thu 14-Jul-16 15:27:01

Hi all,

Have been keeping up with the threads but stopped posting a while ago. Thought I'd better announce myself so I feel like less of a weird stalker!

Pyxie (29) 23+5 with 'Sprout' and team vanilla.

My bump seems to have appeared from nowhere over the past 2 weeks and I'm really feeling the kicks now so it's starting to feel a bit more real!

Canters15 Thu 14-Jul-16 17:23:58

Guys I need to ask an embarrassing stupid question. I'm really not sure what a baby vest is and it's driving me mad. Is this it?

Mileymoocow Thu 14-Jul-16 17:35:50

canters yes that's a vest smile don't worry, you're not alone. It took me a while to grasp it all!!

Thank you lisa! It's very exciting. As of Saturday I'll be a fully fledged T3'er! grin I feel we should be rewarded with each mile stone we hit...

Mileymoocow Thu 14-Jul-16 17:37:21

Ah Audrey how exciting! It does make it seem so much more real when you get a protruding limb.

Sodasoda Thu 14-Jul-16 17:43:25

pink - yes, last event yesterday! smile It's been a mad time to be working in government!!

I just realised I put myself a whole week less than I am - shows how distracted I am! In 31+1 today - eek!

audrey - yep, a moving belly will certainly make things seem real! wink

Canters15 Thu 14-Jul-16 18:12:33

Thanks miley! I put those under sleepsuits if needed, right?

Just been over to the new house and hung up all the baby clothes in the wardrobe! It's so exciting!

Also yay for moving belly audrey! It happened to me this week too, it's so so weird!

Oh.....and canters, age 29, 21+5 with a bok choi!

leoniethelioness Thu 14-Jul-16 18:21:51

Welcome, Pyxie!

Leonie, age 27, 29+1 weeks pregnant with a baby boy. Can't wait to meet him.

mayago Thu 14-Jul-16 19:33:08

May, 34 and 15 weeks today with a nickname less pear.

Congrats on OH's new job Miley!

Glad you've gotten to talk to your dad Bunch and I hope the ikea's trip was a little therapeutic!

Hooray for bump jumping Stardrey!

Potato the house buying is all coming together now! I'm so happy for you! How did you start preparing for potato knowing you're moving before your due date? I think I'm struggling with this at the moment, as I don't feel I can 'nest'. I want to buy things, but the prospect of leaving them in boxes and having to move them again is off putting and a bit depressing.

Hi Pyxie!

Ooh, new house Canters? Congrats! Gotta love a baby wardrobe!

I felt baby for the first time properly last night. I bought a 12 foot cuddle cushion, and had the worst nights sleep of my life. At 4:30am when I'd about given up I felt him or her start dancing or floating around in there while my excuse for a bump was pressed up against the cushion. Sadly, it did not put me back to sleep and I'm magically grumpy today. The first day I've left my house in a week and I have a numb ass from 6 hours of train sitting to get back and forth from my office.

IrregularCommentary Thu 14-Jul-16 21:30:12

Thanks for the new thread Potato

Irregular
28 weeks exactly today so officially into T3!
Growing a little girl, affectionately known at the moment as "daughter"

Glad to hear your Dad is sounding well Bunch - fingers crossed he can fly on the 22nd.

Congrats on the new job for your OH Miley, what perfect timing!

Thanks all for well wishes when I was feeling crappy at the weekend btw - lots of lazing about in bed and being brought cups of tea was done. Still shaking off the remnants of the cold, but the worst is definitely behind me. Looking forward to the weekend now though, it's been a busy week.

Hoping we'll be escaping to Norfolk this weekend though, the PILs have a holiday cottage booked for a couple of weeks so the intention (if DH has finished his a level exam marking by then) is to join for Sat/Sun. A weekend of no house admin and some sea air sounds fab right now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now