Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

'Older' mums to be, join here!

(103 Posts)
Nottalotta Tue 12-Jul-16 17:04:54

I was on an old birds ttc and ante natal thread when I was pregnant with Ds. I'm pregnant again, aged 38, and wondered if there were any others interested in joining together on an older mums thread?

Not that I feel particular aged or anything, but some of the threads gets very busy and it's nice to have a smaller group.

Toocold Tue 12-Jul-16 17:07:18

I'd like to join, I'm 39 and pregnant with my third. How far gone are you?

Nottalotta Tue 12-Jul-16 17:14:51

Yey well that's two! Not sure re how far on, early days yet and somewhat unplanned. Ds is not 1 yet...... Been feeling rotten for about 4 weeks though. Seeing Mw at the end of the month. When are you due?

Toocold Tue 12-Jul-16 17:27:16

Wow, you'll have your hands full! I'm due Dec 1st so pretty much 20 weeks now and have an 11 year old and eight year old, I must be mad as they are at such an easy age! How are you feeling?

FuzzyOwl Tue 12-Jul-16 17:30:23

I'm 37 and pregnant with my second. smile

Nottalotta Tue 12-Jul-16 17:58:41

I'm feeling awful twocold absolutely exhausted and constant nausea. Was like it til about 16 weeks last time, and it's harder to deal with now with a very busy (and nap avoiding) baby!

Welcome fuzzy how old is dc1?

ThinkPinkStink Tue 12-Jul-16 18:14:41

Hello!

I'm only 36, but I'll be 37 a few days after I'm due to I push this little beasty out (she's my first) and I FEEL at least 80 by the end of the day.

I'm due 7 October (so nearly 28 weeks 'gone') - so far pregnancy has been an interesting scientific experiment:

* Trimester 1 - awful, literally the worst

* Trimester 2 - pretty spiffy, started to feel like myself again - amazing bloating though, I went up two dress sizes from when I got up (looking and feeling quite normal) to when I rolled into bed (in the one comfortable position I had left)

* Trimester 3 - feeling pretty good - but starting to feel quite physically tired and achy especially in the hips (by which I mean bum and vagina)

Nottalotta Tue 12-Jul-16 18:23:40

Hi think yep I'm having the first trimester from he'll again, only no rest with ds. No.one tells you how quick you can feel rotten do they?

Toocold Tue 12-Jul-16 18:35:37

Nope, and it's so much harder with a baby or toddler to look after at the same time, thankfully mine are pretty self sufficient now, and I think the first time is scary as it's the unknown. I promise you will all feel brighter by half way... I hope! I'm aching more, is that age?!

Nottalotta Tue 12-Jul-16 19:11:12

Might be, ds is at the not quite walking stage. He wants me to hold his hand and walk him all bloody day. It's giving me really bad sciatica! I had hip pain really early on last time too so hoping he gets the hang of walking soon.

FuzzyOwl Tue 12-Jul-16 19:13:47

Thank you. DD is 13 months old and I am 24 weeks pregnant.

Sciatica, buttock pain and bump pain has really kicked in now.

happylass Tue 12-Jul-16 20:07:47

Hi ladies. I'm 38 and after 4 years TTC and 7 shots at IVF I'm finally pregnant with my first. Currently 16 weeks and still in denial but feeling absolutely shattered.

Toocold Tue 12-Jul-16 22:44:13

Ahh Happy that's lovely! Congratulations and to everyone else too!

Nottalotta Wed 13-Jul-16 09:52:13

Aw fabulous news Happy!! Congratulations. Xxx

Feeling rotten. Ugh. Can't wait for this to pass.

FuzzyOwl Wed 13-Jul-16 10:16:08

So pleased for you happy and for all of us.

I am really looking forward to this little one's arrival as this pregnancy is proving to be quite painful but I did have a symptom free first trimester, so I suppose it is only fair.

Hope all of you are doing ok today.

user1468401894 Wed 13-Jul-16 10:47:00

Hi, I'd like to join the club too. I'll be 45 a few weeks after my due date, which is next Feb/March. My first pregnancy.

Never thought I could be someone's mom my whole life, and was quite sure I would be ok with a childless life. Time changes, people change. And I changed my mind too. My husband and I do want to have a baby now. After trying (and failed) for 1+ year, I finally got a confirmation yesteday that I'm pregnant for real (for 6 weeks). Mixed feelings. Knowing there will be many uncertainties in the coming months, I stay positive and wish for the best.

Wish all of us well!

ThinkPinkStink Wed 13-Jul-16 14:24:23

I'm 38 and after 4 years TTC and 7 shots at IVF I'm finally pregnant with my first. Currently 16 weeks and still in denial but feeling absolutely shattered.

MANY congratulations! Even if you're super-mega-ready for it, when it actually happens it's a real body-blow eh?

Notta I'm sorry to hear you're having a dastardly first-trimester - I hope you follow the standard route of suddenly feeling better at 13 weeks.

user congrats to you too!

If it's this scary for people in their mid 30s + I can only imagine how scary it is for people in their late teens and twenties (or maybe their youth buys them more confidence and a gung-ho attitude?) x

Nottalotta Wed 13-Jul-16 18:51:02

I cannot imagine what it's like having a baby in your teens, alk respect to those that do! I can only think you maybe worry less? I don't know. Maybe being young and fit helps.

Thanks think I waited for the second trimester burst of energy in vain last time. I stopped feeling quite so pants at 16 weeks though.

Tabitha78 Wed 13-Jul-16 19:14:30

Hi I'm 38, 11+4 with number 1!

What do you class as an older mum to be? I may fit in this thread but not sure lol

Inshock73 Sat 16-Jul-16 07:46:14

Morning! Can i join?

I'm 43, expecting baby no. 2 in September. Baby 1 was born in April 2015 so just 16 months between them eek!!!! smile

Notta Hello smile I remember you from the old birds thread.

Nottalotta Sat 16-Jul-16 08:18:21

Ooh hi inshock I thought we could have a new 'old bird's thread.

Pixie I think we were 35 and over last time, assume you're 33 ish given your name? Do join in in you'd like.

Well I had my first proper vomit this morning. Ds nappies are a struggle atm. Don't think they are any worse than usual but they are a bit more frequent as he's eating loads. Boak.

H still being a tit (not sure if I mentioned that already)

Nottalotta Sat 16-Jul-16 08:19:39

Hi tabitha, sorry missed you. Welcome. Tabitha was on my list for girls name last time. smile

So when is everyone due ish and I'll do a list.

Nottalotta Sat 16-Jul-16 08:40:22

I've compiled a list. I do like a list.

Nottalotta 38 #2 edd Feb 2017 ish
Toocold 39 #2 edd 1st dec
Fuzzyowl 37 #2 edd Nov?
Thinkpink 36 #1 edd 7th Oct
Happylass 38 #1 edd?
User1468 44 #1 edd Feb/March
Tabitha78 38 #1 edd?
Inshock 43 #2 edd Sept.

inshock looks like you'll be the first to pup!

Nottalotta, I am yes, Due March 2017 with #4 will just have turned 34 in Feb

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now