Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2016 #5 Third trimester here we come

(1002 Posts)
Afreshstartplease Mon 04-Jul-16 16:33:17

New thread if it works smile

Afreshstartplease Mon 04-Jul-16 16:34:50

Appears to have worked! Woop!

24+5 here!

AngharadTheSplendid Mon 04-Jul-16 16:46:05

Thanks Fresh. Wow I can't believe the third tri is upon us already! The finish line is in sight smile

Afreshstartplease Mon 04-Jul-16 16:52:25

It is indeed!

Is third counted from 28 weeks?

BadlyWrittenPoem Mon 04-Jul-16 17:15:09

I thought third was from 26 weeks?

Afreshstartplease Mon 04-Jul-16 17:22:26

Seems to be mixed online! Between 27-29 is what I'm seeing

LisaTheSimpson Mon 04-Jul-16 17:52:57

Thanks Fresh!

Checking in: 27 weeks exactly with baby #1 here.

Only a week until the third trimester, eek!

SchnitzelvonKrummsverylowtum Mon 04-Jul-16 17:53:35

Marking my place - 23+6 here. I seem to have ballooned in the last couple of days - I feel like a whale!

Afreshstartplease Mon 04-Jul-16 17:55:56

I'm feeling quite whale like too

And tired

And achey

I do not like pregnancy today and I wish it would all hurry up sad

Kariana Mon 04-Jul-16 18:17:05

Just posting to keep track of the new thread.

24+6 here, it's starting to go slowly again.

I know parms have been discussed before but I bought an Urbo2 recently. I didn't do much research to be honest and now I'm wondering if we rushed into it. My dh was determined we weren't having a "huge plastic thing" as he put it and talked me into the Urbo2. Anyone got experience of them?

Kariana Mon 04-Jul-16 18:18:23

Oops prams! It kept autocorrecting to parks, very annoying!

climbingcheesecake Mon 04-Jul-16 18:26:05

Hey everyone! I am marking my place. Not been online much, hope everyone is doing well. I feel massive but everyone keeps telling me that I am 'tiny'. Think I am putting weight on everywhere except my bump :-( scared it will just balloon in the last tri and I will get massive stretch marks.
How are others doing with weight gain? I think I am at +8kgs now.

Afreshstartplease Mon 04-Jul-16 18:30:04

I've never owned an urbo but pushed one briefly. It was nice to push and I liked how low the handle could be.

We've gone for a giggle2

ditsygal Mon 04-Jul-16 19:45:07

I've not been on the thread for ages but just caught up on all the posts I've missed.
27 +2 weeks here, spd is holding at mild thanks to a good physio, heartburn is driving me mad. and I feel huge! I'm only about 5bs off what I was when I gave birth to my DS1 and with along way to go I hate to think how heavy I will be when this one arrives.
Going to paint the nursery tomorrow - really excited to be getting to do things pink and girly this time!
Also starting to think about getting organised with hospital bag etc. I guess I really want at least some basics in place by around 30 weeks.
My DS came bang on time, but I was an early baby born at 34 weeks so I guess I am just aware that its a possibility and I will feel better if I'm prepared, although hoping she stays put until 36 weeks so I can have an ELCS as thats what is planned, and I don't fancy having to labour unprepared (I had a doula and did lots of hypnobirthing prep last time).

Newmum90 Mon 04-Jul-16 20:00:10

Its taken me till 25+5 to find this page of threads - doh! I have also ballooned in the last fortnight but delighted to finally look pregnant instead of fat. When is everybody hoping to finish at work?

Figgygal Mon 04-Jul-16 20:07:37

Place marking
27 weeks tomorrow
Ds no.2 due 04/10

Currently being violently kicked in the guts smile

Havetobecrazytolivehere Mon 04-Jul-16 21:40:05

I am counting third tri as from 27wks. I am permanently tired and grumpy so must be getting ready, it is in my experience the longest trimester, tying shoes gets difficult, constantly hungry but heartburn puts me off and impossible to get a good nights sleep. Have noticed the massive belly/can't get comfy bit getting longer each time, it had only been the last month first time around but have already found myself on the sofa a few times in the last week. Happily I only have four weeks left at work and have ordered so little lambs nappies today to have a play with. 26+3

LisaTheSimpson Mon 04-Jul-16 21:53:43

Hi Newmum!

I'm planning to finish at 38 weeks (then use two weeks of leave, so actual mat leave starts on my EDD). So my last day will be 16th Sept.

It still feels like a long way away!

What about you?

TeaGirl3 Mon 04-Jul-16 22:38:55

Hi everyone, hope you're all feeling ok! I'm 25 weeks today and will be finishing work at 37 weeks, as I have three weeks annual leave to take beforehand, so my due date coincides when my mat leave kicks in.

We've chosen our pram, the Silver Cross Pioneer; we were also looking at the Uppababy Vista but I struggled with it in the shop, so chose the SC instead, which is much lighter. We've also gone for the Maxi Cosi Pebble Plus car seat; nice to tick some things off the list!

This is my first baby and I've found the First Time Parent book by Lucy Atkins really useful. I'm sure lots of people would find the info quite obvious, but as a first timer myself, it's a good read with common sense / easy to digest advice and I'm enjoying it. My OH has bought Commando Dad, which he's yet to start.

I'm not sure whether I've put on any weight, but my bump is definitely getting bigger now! Still managing to wear most of my pre-baby tops with underbump jeans, but might need to invest in overbump jeans soon.

Afreshstartplease Tue 05-Jul-16 07:48:24

24+6

Meant to finish work at 32 weeks but wish it was sooner

Struggling with spd and exhaustion ATM

Blueskygirl30 Tue 05-Jul-16 09:02:58

Morning,

Just caught up on the last couple of weeks chat.

I've got a GTT book at the end of next week, I hear the drink is disgusting, can you take your own lucozade or something like that or do you have to have their drink? 2 hours of sitting and waiting in an uncomfortable chair sounds horrendous. I seem to get a really painful back if Im sat for more than about half an hour!

I'm 26+4 now. I felt the baby move from around 12 weeks, just little flutters every now and then, but even now I don't feel him on a certain schedule and I don't feel him move super strongly. It feels more like flutters, or snakes moving (which freaks me out), and some days I'm not totally convinced that I've felt him at all, as it could have just been my tummy grumbling confused. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

I've also got this weird thing where I can't lie on my left side, if I do I get stabbing pains on my left side around where the underside of my bra would be if I was wearing a bra. I've tried googling this and haven't found anyone else to have the same thing. I might call my midwife today and just check what she has to say.

I've given in and booked a private scan on Friday, it's been so long since my last scan at 19+4 and I want to check and see how he's doing.

Sorry, totally self indulgent post there. I hope everyone is ok, sorry about the SPD suffering. Clank it sounds like you're having a horrible time, I'd go and see your GP again and make it clear you don't think this is purely pregnancy related stuff, I think that were fobbed off too easily with the assumption everything is pregnancy related, and even if it is, there must be something more they can do to help?

Afreshstartplease Tue 05-Jul-16 09:07:07

I'm getting seen by the gp this afternoon hopefully they will chase up my physio appointment. I've already got codine so don't think there's much else they can do. Crutches maybe but think that'd be from physio not gp?

EnoughAlready999 Tue 05-Jul-16 10:44:25

Re weight gain: I finally replaced the battery in my scales and saw that I have put on about a stone. Bit shocked at that, only another stone and I'll be at my 40 week weight with DC1. Looking forward to getting slim and fit again after not that I was fit in the first place! Hoping that I'll feel motivated to get out for some nice autumn walks and meet my daughter from halfway from school some days although 3pm is probably when I'll want to nap - is at the moment!

Has anyone booked onto antenatal courses? My MW thought I could do with a refresher course as DD is 10. Not sure I really need to do it but guess I will. I don't know if I'm being very naive and looking back with rose-tinted glasses but I'm not imagining it as being that difficult! (new baby not birth) My DP doesn't drive so I will still need to get DD to school each morning, glad it half-term shortly after! I'm hoping that wearing a sling will help me get chores done. With DD, I just gave her all my time and didn't worry about housework and obviously didn't have another child to consider but this time things must be different!

Tallblue Tue 05-Jul-16 11:53:11

Marking my place!
25 weeks today. Taking a long haul flight tomorrow (expat visiting home) so getting packed and hoping the flight is not too busy so I can spread out. I'm not far off my weight at the end of previous pregnancy with DC1 so I'm pretty big this time. Hoping that spending a week in a place with cool weather will allow me to walk a lot and get a bit of exercise.
I've got the start of SPD, it starts for me in the coccyx and pubic bone area then will inevitably work its way outwards to my hip bones. Joys of pregnancy!

Figgygal Tue 05-Jul-16 13:05:40

Enough I am doing the 2 antenatal sessions offered as this is DC2 I dont think I need it particularly especially since I have been doing daisy birthing classes too but they are in the day time, are a good excuse to work from home that day and might meet people does mean DH cant come too.

Im up 1.5 stone I put on over 3 last time I expect I wont be far off that this time by time im finished.....need to put down the jelly babies

I barely slept last night house and work stress is not a good combo really suffering today it has been going on for weeks now so I should be ready for lack of sleep when baby arrives :-)

This thread is not accepting new messages.