Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in February 2017...thread #3!

(1000 Posts)
SkyLucy Mon 27-Jun-16 18:37:50

A home for all of us enjoying the surreality of the first trimester. We're sick as dogs, exhausted to the core, our boobs hurt, we've developed superhuman senses of smell and we're shirking all alcoholic bevvies with a variety of lame excuses...

...we're preggers and over the moon! Join us if you're due in February 2017 and fancy wisdom for the weirdness, support for any sadness, and a safe place where you can get excited about what the future holds, before you go public!

Third thread already (we're a chatty bunch!) Second thread here: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2662110-Due-in-February-2017-thread-2?

themightymoosh Mon 27-Jun-16 18:46:11

Good stuff SkyLucy grin

6+1 today. Got back from a lovely weekend away with friends yesterday. Had my first proper puke yesterday morning but that seems to have been a one off. I couldn't finish my fry up sad or any other meal for that matter. Also went on a rather long, hilly walk. That's a good way to forget your nausea. I'm convinced my boobs are massive. OH thinks it's great but I'm having violent thoughts towards him.

A mixed bag of news on the old thread, sorry to see some people leave us. Hello to the newbies and a wave to the stalwarts.

emzmeister Mon 27-Jun-16 19:28:15

Hello again! Loving this thread, makes me feel less alone in the strange and nervy world of the first trimester!

Quick question, what is everyone using to wash down there? Are you still using your regular shower gel or just water now? Sorry for intimate question but I'm sure we're all friends! confused

Dutchy88 Mon 27-Jun-16 19:41:43

Scan tomorrow and I'm so nervous. Bleeding back again, a mix of red and brown. I don't see how it can be good news tomorrow but I'm keeping everything crossed.

Sunshineface123 Mon 27-Jun-16 19:41:45

Ooh excited to hear news of all the scans! Mine is sat too massmile

Washing question: johnsons baby wash, always used that!

Sunshineface123 Mon 27-Jun-16 19:42:59

Good luck Tomo duchy think positive, fingers crossed

Itslittlek Mon 27-Jun-16 19:45:19

duchy think positive...mine has been a mix, it has come, it has gone and all scans have been fine. It is VERY common! xx

sleepyMe12 Mon 27-Jun-16 19:47:35

Marking place smile

gumbootsandjandals Mon 27-Jun-16 19:57:55

Fx for you Dutchy. We are here for you whatever the outcome.

BoomKapow Mon 27-Jun-16 19:58:57

Good luck dutchy I've heard of loads of people who have had bleeding and it's turned out to be totally fine so fingers crossed you'll be one of them x

Dutchy88 Mon 27-Jun-16 20:01:58

Thanks guys. I've been bleeding on and off for over three weeks. Sometimes heavy, sometimes light, sometimes red, sometimes brown. It's been a real rollercoaster.

FriendlyGhost Mon 27-Jun-16 20:02:10

Good luck tomorrow Dutchy. I'll be thinking of you.
I'm just using normal shower gel emz. It hadn't occurred to me to use anything else. I did last pregnancy too.
Finally found something I liked for dinner. Made myself a vegetable and noodle soup with loads of ginger and garlic. I always eat it when I have a cold but ginger helps sickness so I thought I'd give it a go. I ate it all and it didn't go straight through me like last night's.

SpinALittleFaster Mon 27-Jun-16 20:07:50

Thinking of you dutchy flowers

ScottishSnowflake Mon 27-Jun-16 20:08:49

Good luck tomorrow Dutchy, thinking of you and fx that all will be ok.

Emz, I'm the same as Friendly, never occurred for me to wash with anything else down there. Should I be? confused

Only thing I can stomach eating atm is cheese on crackers or cheese on toast (not melted cheese though, think a cheese sandwich made with toast instead of bread). Am 7+3 today and hoping the cheese and toast/ cracker craving stops soon otherwise I see a ticking off from the midwife in my near future blush

FlipperSkipper Mon 27-Jun-16 20:18:52

Hi ladies, may I join in? I'm 5+1 today. I'm utterly petrified as I've had two miscarriages before, we've been trying for 5 years and had two fresh IVF cycles and this was my third frozen embryo transfer. I have a follow up appointment in the miscarriage clinic on Thursday, after which I should get booked in for some early scans with them. I have the evil sore boobs and exhaustion, and digestive discomfort and cramps, which I think are down to the progesterone pessaries that I'm on. So far I've done 7 pregnancy tests!

Itslittlek Mon 27-Jun-16 20:19:24

Has anyone actually been sick? I have a few times but usually when I am brushing my teeth and it just catches my mouth in this awful way, it's like a chain reaction then! X

HighHopes16 Mon 27-Jun-16 20:25:53

Just marking my place on the new thread although not sure how long I'm going to be here for. I'm currently driving myself crazy googling slow fetal heart rate, wish I could fast forward to my next scan on Friday. sad

CinderellaFant Mon 27-Jun-16 20:31:41

Currently feeling like superwoman! Last exam done this morning, school run done, front and back garden grass cut, grocery shopping done and dog walked! Yet yesterday I didn't have the energy to leave the house and ended up vomitting all over myself as I didn't have the energy to make it up to the bathroom on time!! Wonder what way I'll feel tomorrow...

LondonGirl83 Mon 27-Jun-16 20:36:12

High so sorry you have to wait so long. I hope its a positive scan.

Flipper welcome! Sounds like you've been a quite journey. I really hope this works out for you!

Dutchy fingers crossed for you

emz using dove! Didn't know you were supposed to wash differently. Why would you?

gumbootsandjandals Mon 27-Jun-16 20:36:39

itslittlek see my post at the end of the last thread. I spend all day fighting the urge to vomit but by 4pm it becomes too much. Up chucked 3x so far this evening. Ate about 6 tortellini for dinner and praying they stay down. Feel ghastly. I'm an on anti sickness meds btw.

Lucy1308 Mon 27-Jun-16 20:38:32

So I was supposed to be doing washing and making jelly. Instead I had a nap two hour sleep on the sofa and woke up worrying I was late for work. Apparently all productivity went out the window when I left work!!

Itslittlek Mon 27-Jun-16 20:39:05

God you're suffering bad! Poor you! X

emzmeister Mon 27-Jun-16 20:54:27

Ah am sorry to hear so many of you have been feeling so bad! I'm just waiting for it to start, was awful in first pregnancy but nothing so far (5+4).

Thanks for the answers on the washing question, someone mentioned it to me and when I googled I found mixed responses (some said wash with water only and some said shower gel okay). Think I used shower gel last time but can't remember, I'll stick with you girls though as water just doesn't seem like it would do as good a job! Another reason not to google everything confused xx

Lucy1308 Mon 27-Jun-16 21:03:08

RE washing: I use femfresh (have done since I got BV about 2 years ago and think it helps stop me getting cystitis so much). I wouldn't ever use anything perfumed or too soapy down there- I have had the same bottle for over a year and I've hardly used any!!

But I'm very sensitive! Suppose if you've always used it then I can't see why you would need to change!

BoomKapow Mon 27-Jun-16 21:05:58

flipper congratulations! You must be so excited and also equally worried. I hope the worry can take a back seat to the excitement and some early scans give some reassurance.

I'm having an early scan a week on Friday when I'll be 10 weeks. I can't wait!

This thread is not accepting new messages.