Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thread #8 - TTC#1 Grads - stripy bump photos ahoy!

(966 Posts)
PotatosMum Tue 21-Jun-16 07:40:16

Welcome to yet another instalment of TTC#1 grads. Warning! This thread moves fast so blink and you may miss a page or three!

All are welcomed with open arms and TMI whether you come from our sister thread TTC#1 or just want a safe and friendly place to share your journey.

we have ladies from all stages of pregnancy from T1ers, trying to go cold turkey on their POAS addiction, to T2ers wondering where the heck their pregnancy glow got to, to T3ers wondering if that funny feeling is the start of labour or just a fart building.

So jump on the boat, join the pink or blue baby battle and enjoy TTC#1 Grads thread #8!

Team P - 8
Team B - 8
Team V - 6

August
11 Mor (Team Vanilla)
13 Bunch (Team Blue)
16 New (Team Vanilla)
27 Potato (Team Pink)
30 Pink (Team Pink)

September
1 Shelb (Team Pink)
2 Taz (Team Blue)
4 Nev (Team Blue)
8 DrWhy
12 Danni (Team Blue)
14 Soda (Team Vanilla)
28 Leonie (Team Blue)
29 Laurenrl (Team Pink)

October
3 Lisa (Team Vanilla)
6 Irregular (Team Pink)
8 Miley (Team Vanilla)
12 Indi (Team Pink)
13 Co5mo (Team Blue)
15 Planet (Team Pink)
23 Lillian (Team Pink)
26 Lara (Team Blue)
30 First

November
19 Canters (Team Blue)
20 Jam
25 Stark!!!!!
29 Elle

December
12 Feef

January 17
4 May
13 Ni (Team Vanilla)

February 17
15 Evergreen

PotatosMum Tue 21-Jun-16 07:50:01

Morning ladies, how are you all today?

Roll call grin

Name: Potatosmum
Baby Nickname: Potato because all babies look like potato's
Weeks: 30+3

Well, last night was another fun all night rave for potato... I'm starting to look forward to the birth so that I can get slightly more sleep!!! I'm sooooo tired!

Hoping to find out about my stupid buyer today not that I've been saying that for the last 3 days hmm if she gets turned down now I think I'm going to scream. My EA seems annoyingly unconcerned. I hate them angry

On a brighter note, I'm working from home today so I don't have to listen to the hippy telling me how unpleasant my little potato will be and how my life is over and I don't have to make myself look semi presentable wink

Mileymoocow Tue 21-Jun-16 07:50:37

Good morning ladies! Thanks for the new thread potato! Love the meme's!

Miley,
24+3 with a vanilla flavoured crumpet who is currently doing somersaults inside me grin but is making me unable to poo though farting isn't an issue and ensuring I have to carry gaviscon with me everywhere I go ❤

Hope everyone has a lovely day, I'm already in the sauna I call an office. Big siiiiiiigh.

Feefeefs Tue 21-Jun-16 07:57:08

Thanks for the new thread potatoes.

Name feefs
Age 28
Currently 15+1 with a vanilla baby

BunchOfBobs Tue 21-Jun-16 08:03:50

Morning all,

Thanks for the new thread Potato.

Name: BunchOfBobs
Baby nickname: Pip
Weeks: 32+3

Potato I found Pip massively increased around week 30. Mental isn't it. He also feels non stop active but apparently they do sleep every 90-120minutes. My bump is rarely in a normal shape anymore, usually pointy in one direction or another.

I woke up with my duvet in a vice grip and now have the sorest knuckles!!

Danni89 Tue 21-Jun-16 08:04:40

Thanks potatoe

Danni, aged 27, 28+2 weeks with a lil baby kick boxer boy

shelbTa Tue 21-Jun-16 08:10:52

Morning

30+1
34 yrs old

Yes potato Deffo increase In movement - I now get it on Both sides simultaneously do you? Like she is pressing up on her legs on the right side of my abdomen and banging her head on the other! She's transverse at the moment.

Proper tired today ladies, how is everyone?

May - I accepted your IG, see you are from York?! My home town originally!

I've got (tmi warning) - shooting vag pains today, not sure what that is.

Bunch - yeah I get the pointy belly too, specially when I lie on my back.

X

Canters15 Tue 21-Jun-16 08:12:31

Canters, aged 29, with an 18+3 blue flavoured sweet potato (according to ovia this week!)

IndiX Tue 21-Jun-16 08:20:20

Morning ladies!

Indi
23+6 with a wriggly baby girl called Beanie.

BunchOfBobs Tue 21-Jun-16 08:20:35

Shelb they're what are delightfully known as fanny daggers. At the minute just from stretching but apparently we get to suffer them all over again when engaging. Also arse javelins grin

shelbTa Tue 21-Jun-16 08:23:00

Haha, arse javelins.

Speaking of arses - is anyone seriously going to do the butthole massage thing to help prevent tearing? I suddenly thought about it last night.

X

Mileymoocow Tue 21-Jun-16 08:47:29

shelb I think it would be unwise to go anywhere near my bumhole at the moment

Laughing so hard at fanny daggers 😂 my work colleagues are going to think I'm nuts.
Can't quite get my head round you being 32 weeks bunch! I'm so excited! How does it feel to be the first one to have a baba (probably)? You're going to get bombarded with 20 questions wink

StarkyTheDirewolf Tue 21-Jun-16 09:01:12

Stark 29 ( till next Tuesday) there is, I'm told, a 17+6 pomegranate with limbs hibernating within my uterine walls. All I know is I'm never wearing the top I wore yesterday ever again! grin

StarkyTheDirewolf Tue 21-Jun-16 09:04:17

shelb we're going to do the moisturising fisting massage. Dh is looking forward to it! It's, as far as I can tell, just moisturising most of the sphincter and back end of the fanny. He can veet it while he's down there! grin

Planeteer Tue 21-Jun-16 09:05:21

Fell off the last thread thanks to a stupidly busy few days! Hi again all!

Name: Planet
23+3 with a girl currently called Pancake, who is perfecting her 4am bladder sucker punch.

Sodasoda Tue 21-Jun-16 09:21:56

Morning all,

Soda
Age 33
27+6 with vanilla baby. Staring T3 in the face!

All this talk of how active your babies are is making me worry. I have a posterier placenta so can definitely feel movement throughout the day, especially when I'm relaxing in the evening after dinner but it's not all the time and I wouldn't have said its increased over the last couple of weeks.

Some days are quite quiet and some days I feel a lot of wriggling. Does this sound normal? I'm feeling a bit panicky! I have a growth scan on Thursday so maybe feeling a bit stressed and sensitive about that.

IndiX Tue 21-Jun-16 09:46:22

Soda I think everyone is different, I'm 24w and some days I feel her going crazy for
Most of the day and sometimes I feel her just at night time or first thing in the morning. I think it depends how busy you are through the day too. Good luck for your scan, I'm sure everything will be fine.

Anyone started doing their pelvic floor exercises regularly? I keep forgetting to do them but my bloody hayfever is making me sneeze A LOT and I keep doing a little piddleblush surely I'm too young for tena pads!! Must remember to do them.

IndiX Tue 21-Jun-16 09:47:37

Oh as far as the perineal massage is concerned I'll see how I feel nearer the time. Im sure DH will love it but it doesn't sound like my idea of a nice massage...

BunchOfBobs Tue 21-Jun-16 09:56:51

Miley it feels weird and stupidly exciting. I washed my slings yesterday and today I have the blankets on the line. I've never loved doing laundry so much grinone hilarious thought I keep having is "oh when I go into labour I'll have to make sure I make time for a shower or bath, can't be having any internals if I've not had a wash". blush

Shelb I really don't want to but according to my hypno teacher "it's integral to the success of hypnobirthing". DH is even willing to help!! I can't let him near there, he'll see my piles!! And cheek of it, the sod won't shag me but he'll happily massage my perineum?!

Starky people are rude as fuck. You'll soon learn though nobody can say anything right, I get offended when people say I'm massive they're right and I got offended when they said I was small-- blind ijjits-- . I've also told DH he needs to get the clippers out because I haven't been able to prune the bush in an age.

Soda all normal, it will ramp up over the next few weeks though. Trust me it's not always fun. Bladder kicks can be quite debilitating, as are the Rib push offs. I swear Pip is doing lengths and keeps tumble turning off my ribs.

Indi I've been doing them since 18 weeks as they're supposed to help with my hip pain hahahah.

Got my first nip leak circle today on my pj top. It's surprisingly pleasing to me.

Back to birthing balls, mine needs rein flaring and we can't find the pump.
I can get a new ball and pump for the price of a pump alone so I'm getting another. eBay is super cheap £5.60ish!! It just needs to be anti burst. Also there's two sizes, 65cm or 75cm. Measure from your knee to ankle and add on 10-15cm that's the size you need ish .my measurement comes out at 62cm so I use a 65cm.

shelbTa Tue 21-Jun-16 10:05:37

Haha, thanks ladies, hilarious.

Jesus, might buy some then.

I haven't even contemplated asking OH - he won't shag me, doesn't perv on me, and I might fart directly at him if tried. By the time this baby comes we won't have had sex for nearly four months.

X

Mileymoocow Tue 21-Jun-16 10:27:56

My OH is sex mad at the minute. Not sure if that's just because I'm not as up for it so it's more noticeable how horny he is though! We're still at it about 4 times a week but it exhausts me blush I sent him a photo of me in the bath the other day as I was finding it hilarious that snapchat was recognising my booby as a face and was adding the filters to it I'm still very childish and within seconds he was upstairs asking if he could oil me up with an enormous bone like a total creep hmm I'd like to add it was not a sexy photo, my boob had dog ears and a nose.

bunch snap with operation hedge trim. Mines out of sight out of mind then I get a feeling of disgust when I catch a glimpse in the mirror. How am I supposed to prune if I can't bend over?!

shelbTa Tue 21-Jun-16 10:39:53

Haha, bloody hell miley four times a week, that's some going!!

He's not having ANY of it. Blowys are still ok but nothing else - good luck with that one I've said. Mind you - I wouldn't shag me - I can't even see my bush anymore, my nips are like flying saucers and my boobs are covered in veins.

X

Mileymoocow Tue 21-Jun-16 10:46:05

shelb you sound like me! But I have the added bonus of a fuzzy belly! It's like a peach. My gag reflex is still a little too weak from morning sickness for the blowjob carry on.

Mileymoocow Tue 21-Jun-16 11:23:49

I've already had 3 weetabix and 3 rice cakes today and I'm absolutely starving! 25 mins until lunch and am contemplating a cup a soup hmm first time I've felt properly hungry in months. Is this what normal pregnant people feel like?!

shelbTa Tue 21-Jun-16 11:31:45

Miley - yeah, welcome to the world of constant eating! Good you've got your appetite back though.

X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now