Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

March 2017... Early days

(999 Posts)
H007 Mon 20-Jun-16 22:08:51

Helloooo is anyone else here?

AGnu Tue 21-Jun-16 11:44:43

Just tentatively sticking my head round the door... I'm about 11dpo & still a week off AF but I'm queasy, exhausted & have sore boobs. Cheap tests showing BFN but there's definitely something weird going on with my body! I might give in & get a frer in a couple of days but I'm having fun with the excitement of peering at imaginary lines for now! DC3 would be due around March 7th if I am.

alphabook Tue 21-Jun-16 11:58:10

Hi, I got a BFP yesterday on 12DPO. Got my first early scan booked for 7th July (I had fertility treatment so it's done at the clinic).

AGnu Tue 21-Jun-16 12:27:19

Congrats alpha! How exciting to have an early scan! smile

H007 Tue 21-Jun-16 14:09:13

Congratulations alphabook, very jealous on the early scan, I had an early scan with DD, albeit private as I had no idea how far along I was. Fingers crossed for you AGnu. I had a BFP on Father's Day when I was 2+1 although I knew 4 days after DTD. Sore boobs was a big one.

alphabook Tue 21-Jun-16 16:10:54

Thanks both, congrats to you too H007, that must have been a lovely Father's Day surprise! Good luck AGnu, those symptoms sound promising. My biggest symptom was that my boobs are in agony!

neonrainbow Tue 21-Jun-16 17:05:58

Hello! Congratulations on your bfps everyone. I got my bfp on sunday (10 dpo) on a first response.. actually 2 first responses and a clear blue digital! Officially my due date would be the 2nd march. Has anyone told anybody yet in your families? I told my parents, sisters and sil on sunday because it was fathers day.

H007 Tue 21-Jun-16 17:49:53

Hello neonrainbow, no going to try and keep it to ourselves for as long as possible. I don't want my DD to find out until we know all is well at the first scan, and is quite like her to announce it to people. However saying that I was so ill last time I had to let everyone know by the time I was 8 weeks.

neonrainbow Tue 21-Jun-16 18:31:15

This is my first and it was the first real cycle of trying so i think i was just way too shocked to keep it to myself! It definitely hasn't sunk in yet. My period is due tomorrow so maybe when it doesn't come it might feel a bit more real.

alphabook Tue 21-Jun-16 19:18:00

Congrats Neon! I haven't told anyone yet as I'm not sure I even believe it's real yet! I had an early mc last year so I'm trying to be cautious and not get my hopes up. I think if I have my early scan and hear a heartbeat then I might start to believe it's actually happening!

neonrainbow Tue 21-Jun-16 20:41:22

Thank you alphabook you too!

H007 Tue 21-Jun-16 21:00:47

I'm already generally feeling rubbish, really hoping I don't feel like last time. This is my 2nd I already have a DD who is 4 and a half. Can't really remember the processes etc though 😆 so might as well be new to it.

neonrainbow Wed 22-Jun-16 07:32:09

I've felt so tired the last few days... all i want to do is sleep! Finally got a bfp on one of the internet cheapies i bought last month, they're pretty rubbish for me so it turns out. It says theyre meant to detect early but today is my missed period day and just a very faint bfp on one following 4 strong bfps 4 days ago on the expensive tests.

H007 Wed 22-Jun-16 10:11:55

They always say a line is a line no matter how faint. Funny how those sticks didn't work for you, I got some cheap ovulation ones off the internet and I always thought they were dodge and I never seemed to get a line.

I think I may have over estimated my due date and think I might actually be the end of Feb. Oh well guess I'll find out more when the dating scan happens.

alphabook Wed 22-Jun-16 10:51:05

I hate ICs, I've had all sorts of weird results with them in the past. I haven't tested again since my BFP. When I got my last BFP I tested daily, and then when I miscarried I carried on getting BFPs for days afterward so I feel like there's not much point testing, it's not going to give me any reassurance. Better for my wallet as well!

alphabook Wed 22-Jun-16 10:52:20

H007 have you done an online due date calculator?

LulusMiniEgg Wed 22-Jun-16 11:15:38

Hello! I've just got my BFP this morning! Very excited but scared too, wasn't really expecting it. We were sort of trying but can't remember my last period (think it was roughly 3.5 weeks ago!) so not sure about due dates etc.

I already have an 18 month old DS hence the scared bit. What will I do with 2?! Happy though, newborn snuggles, Awww!!!!

H007 Wed 22-Jun-16 11:28:41

alphabook I didn't at first when I started this thread but did one this morning. Problem being my cycle length is so unpredictable. The calculated gave me an EDD of 27/2 hence why now I feel like I'm sitting on the fence as I had calculated the 2/3 😆

H007 Wed 22-Jun-16 11:29:17

Congratulations lulusminiegg

AGnu Wed 22-Jun-16 11:33:18

Congrats Lulu! 2 takes a little figuring out but you'll all settle into it before too long!

I've yet to get a definite BFP, still playing around with my internet cheapies! I'm not taking it too seriously, just enjoying squinting at imaginary lines. This one's from today... I'm on CD23 so I think I'll hold out for a few more days before actually spending money on tests, rather than using the ones I got free with my BBT thermometer!

alphabook Wed 22-Jun-16 12:12:14

Congrats Lulu!
Ha well of course you're still welcome to stay as an honorary Marcher H007!

I just almost fainted getting out of the bath, started seeing stars and had to stumble my way out to the bedroom to lie down. I need to be careful in future, I didn't even think the bath was that hot.

alphabook Wed 22-Jun-16 12:13:58

Good luck AGnu, I can see something but I think you're right to hold off until you can get a more definitive answer.

neonrainbow Wed 22-Jun-16 15:58:04

Does anyone else find themselves wanting to tell any old random stranger on the street their news? I can't share it with too many friends family at this point so wanted to tell every stranger who looked kind!

2ManySweets Wed 22-Jun-16 17:07:53

Hi everyone and Lulu's I hope you feel better because I had a BFP (faint line but a line) on Monday meaning my four month old could be about to be a big sis.

All joking aside I'm mostly on here for hand holding. I'm terrified, utterly terrified as I had a CS in Feb and am so scared of there being problems or worse.

But hi guys and congrats all x

alphabook Wed 22-Jun-16 17:10:13

Yes I do! I think it's because under normal circumstances if you have wonderful life changing news you tell everyone and all the people close to you can share the good news, but it's different with this. Part of me is so excited and wants to shout it from the rooftops, and the other part can't even accept its real yet in case something goes wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now