Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Babies due in November 2016 #4

(1000 Posts)
FuzzyOwl Sat 14-May-16 19:10:42

New thread for us to chat and if anyone else also wants to join the secret Facebook group just send me a private message with the email address that you use to login and I will send you a link. smile

Woody096 Sat 14-May-16 19:14:21

Oh thread no4!

AyeAmarok Sat 14-May-16 19:16:03

Hello! Thread number 4 already. Flip me.

Have we had any twins yet? I haven't seen any mention but may have missed it.

CakeAndChocolate Sat 14-May-16 19:17:48

Thanks fuzzy

Beelzebubble Sat 14-May-16 19:25:42

Hi hi! I think there is a set of twins...im nearly sure it's the november thread I saw someone say the were expecting twins smile mine started out as twins but one little bean didn't make it past 6 weeks

AlbusPercival Sat 14-May-16 19:36:39

I had cramping today too.

tiredmumrighthere Sat 14-May-16 19:39:52

Is the cramping sharp pains in the side of pelvis? If so yes I've had loads today..

AyeAmarok Sat 14-May-16 19:44:58

Awww I'm sorry Beezle, that was thoughtless of me to ask like that. flowers

Fedupithink Sat 14-May-16 19:59:07

Thanks Fuzzyw thread 4 already!

I've had a few cramps over the past few days, really low down but kind of like an uncomfortable stretching rather than painful.

Beelzebubble Sat 14-May-16 20:12:48

Oh no Amarok! No at all at all! Don't think that smile ours is an IVF pregnancy where we had 2 embryos put back. One was weaker so it was always a possibility and we're just delighted to still have one smile

I had pains to the side of the pelvis the other day. This is a similar pain, but right in the middle

AyeAmarok Sat 14-May-16 20:24:50

Ah right gotcha Beezle smile

I've also had some cramps last few days. Only relief is lying flat and stretching out a bit.

Also seem to have a bit of sciatica developing. Gah!

Spottyladybird Sat 14-May-16 20:26:43

I've had cramps too but still battling a uti so not sure if it's that. Lots of wind too. Glamour of pregnancy.

needanewjob Sat 14-May-16 20:57:11

Gosh thread 4! Marking my place.. Tired tonight as it was my little boys party today. This time next year we will hopefully have a lovely healthy six month old along for the ride.

FuzzyOwl Sat 14-May-16 21:08:08

Hopefully your DS had a lovely party needanewjob.

I've had sciatica like pain for weeks now. Last time I was told it was because my pelvis was off centre and it was just muscle pain caused by my muscles overcompensating but it does come and go which makes me think it might well be down to the baby lying on a nerve instead of anything else. And since everything else was misdiagnosed in my last pregnancy, I have little confidence in what I have previously been told!

Feeling very big tonight and as if I am 25 weeks pregnant instead of 15. I also thought I felt some movement a few times today but it's so hard for me to be certain this early on.

needanewjob Sat 14-May-16 21:12:47

fuzzy thank you yes he had a lovely time. I had sciatica during my last pregnancy although it went by around week 20 when I started my yoga. It's pretty painful tho isn't it? I'm now lying in bed feeling a bit sicky after fish and chips - I've a horrible feeling I'm going off them as even during the first few bites o wasnt enjoying! At least it'll save me a few calories as third time round I'm looking a lot bigger than 16 weeks!

AyeAmarok Sat 14-May-16 21:29:28

Yes the sciatica is really frustrating. I am just lying on the sofa with DP and it keeps doing that twingey spasm thing through my bum cheek and down my leg.

need I've had fish and chips three times this week grin I think I will be sick of it very soon.

coppergrey Sat 14-May-16 23:04:09

All went well with the announcement tonight! Family were absolutely delighted and it's all been very celebratory. Phew.

Rusk hope yours went well too! Bedtime for me now as I'm absolutely shattered after all the excitement grin

bobcat85 Sun 15-May-16 07:33:47

I've had random cramping plus sometimes I get sharp pains if I sneeze or get up suddenly. My knee is still playing up as well, went to London yesterday and did quite a bit of walking so it's quite stiff today.

I'm still really tired, I'm 14 weeks on Tuesday, which is apparently the start of the second trimester, so I'm hoping it will ease a bit after then.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

needanewjob Sun 15-May-16 08:01:24

aye I was a bit gutted as normally I love fish and chips! But this morning even the thought of them is making me feel a bit bleh! I am feeling quite chubby this pregnancy though so it might not be a bad thing to lay off them for a while.

Starting to have a bit more energy this weekend. Hurrah! 16 weeks today - have a private scan booked a week on Tuesday, hoping to find out the gender then...

Woody096 Sun 15-May-16 08:18:15

I have been so unwell in the night, I have had d & v since about 6pm last night 😷. I feel terrible. I am keeping up with fluids & have read online that baby should be fine & only to worry if it lasts more than 3 days. Obviously I am worried but any suggestions would be appreciated 😷

Jamjar12 Sun 15-May-16 08:39:39

New thread!

Aww Woody, that sucks. When I had the worst part of my MS, couldn't eat anything and was being sick constantly, the midwife said to just ride it out basically and keep the fluids coming. You suffer more than the baby. I imagine it's similar with D&V. Just keep drinking and hopefully you'll feel better soon. Something you ate or a bug?

RuskBaby Sun 15-May-16 09:39:59

Copper so pleased for you! Mine was a mixed bag, 2 were so happy they shrieked, there were tears and they can't wait to be aunties. The 3rd could not have been less impressed at all! She was the same when I met my husband and got engaged too so I'm not surprised just hurt that she cannot be bothered to even fake it for a moment.

Woody hugs you will get through and baby will be ok so try not to worry - anything clear or white when you can eat again will help settle your tummy.

14 weeks here and starting to feel movement!!

Woody096 Sun 15-May-16 10:14:00

Thanks ladies! I think it was something I ate, we stopped off at a pub on a walk yesterday I had a pizza but stopped eating it as it tasted funny. I thought it was me, but two hours later the sickness kicked in! Hopefully a 24 hr thing.

Wow! Movements already! It's my first so not sure I would know if my baby was moving, but so exciting!!

smellsofelderberries Sun 15-May-16 11:34:28

Hope you're on the mend soon Woody, that sounds miserable!

Exciting LittleGrey! Can't wait to start feeling this little guy.

I made the mistake of wearing my regular jeans over to a friends for dinner last night and ended up with terrible indigestion from the pressure on my stomach. It sucked. Ended up doing the hairtie trick but I was wearing a slightly cropped t-shirt so had to make sure it was pulled down at all times! I've also been having some pains like some were mentioning in the last thread, sometimes it feels like someone is running a pin up and down my insides (gently). I had those same pains a lot before scans though so am reminding myself it's nothing I've not had before.

I am into the stage now where I would like to start buying stuff but because we don't know the sex yet, I'm feeling really limited. I have no idea everything was so gender stereotypical! All I want is some cute grey or mustard yellow vests or t-shirts that could be used for either, just so we can spread the costs a bit. Apparently that's way too much to ask!

This thread is not accepting new messages.