Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thread #6 - TTC#1 Grads - Sun roasted pregnant ladies

(947 Posts)
PotatosMum Mon 09-May-16 09:34:42

Summers here and bumps are busy growing. Scans photos are coming thick and fast and team pink and blue are rampining up their numbers.

We have new grads furiously POAS, second trimesters eager for their bumps and veterans about to embark on trimester 3 and contemplating baby size with mild terror apprehension.

The weathers to hot for comfort and our pregnancy aches, pains and symptoms are getting on our tits literally in some cases !!

All are welcome to TTC#1 grads thread #6

PotatosMum Mon 09-May-16 09:37:36

Forgot to add...

August
11 Mor (Team Vanilla)
13 Bunch (Team Blue)
16 New (Team Vanilla)
27 Potato (Team Pink)
30 Pink (Team Pink)

September
1 Shelb (Team Pink)
4 Nev (Team Blue)
8 DrWhy
12 Danni (Team Blue)
14 Soda (Team Vanilla)
28 Leonie
29 Laurenrl (Team Pink)

October
5 Lisa
6 Irregular
8 Miley
12 Indi (Team Pink)
13 Co5mo
14 Lillian
15 Planet
26 Lara
30 First

November
21 Canters
25 Stark!!!!!
29 Elle

December
9 Feef

January 17
4 May

BunchOfBobs Mon 09-May-16 09:39:10

Potato the puffa fish made me full on LOL. Thanks for the new thread.

Bunch, 30. 26+2 weeks with a dancing Boy. Who is trying to break my hips in half I swear!

That's rather bizarre Potato. Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling? Or easier, logging out then logging back in?

PotatosMum Mon 09-May-16 09:46:01

I love the puffer fish I know how he feels! wink

Bunch your dancing baby video is great! I can feel Potato moving around but she likes to kick low mostly where I have a nice layer of blubber confused so I can't usually see the movement.

Potato, 24+2 weeks with a little girly potato baby. Also harbouring a stupid massive fibroid which is determined to make my life hell hmm

BunchOfBobs Mon 09-May-16 10:09:37

Thanks Potato. I get much more obvious movements but have yet to catch them on video. It's getting so bizarre feeling him squirm beneath my hand. 2 weeks time and you'll have witnessed the same dancing I'm sure. He's only really started going mental the last few days.
I'm now using the kick count app to help monitor patterns as I need to be aware of them now I'm 26 weeks. 2 weeks until 3rd trimester eek!! I've never had time move so quickly and yet drag so much at the same time.

Co5mo Mon 09-May-16 10:23:24

Co5mo 17+4 weeks with a little tap dancer if last night is anything to go by.

Potato don't rush back to work if you're not ready. I'm fighting the urge to get back to work tomorrow. My cold seams to be clearing but I'm really feeling the anaemia.

LaraG13 Mon 09-May-16 10:58:01

Thanks potato (keep nearly calling you by your old name!

Lara, 34, 15+5 with first baby. Started feeling some bubbling movements yesterday smile

Sorry haven't been around much. Hope all are keeping well. Will try harder on this thread.

Pinklily1 Mon 09-May-16 11:02:46

Hi ladies

Thanks for the new thread Potato! Will catch up properly later but just checking in and place marking for now.

Pink, 33, 23+6 with a little girl baby smile

IrregularCommentary Mon 09-May-16 11:34:55

Thanks for the new thread Potato. have been lurking and keeping up with you all, but super busy weekend has meant no posting. Glad to see Lisa back - hope you continue to feel better.

Ok, stats.

31, with baby No1 currently at 18+4. Can feel movement every now and again, but nothing that dh has been able to join in on yet unfortunately.

I will be joining Team Pink or Blue on Friday when I have my next scan. I'm very excited and my bank card is terrified wink

Laurenrl Mon 09-May-16 11:38:29

Lauren, 25, 19+4 with a little girl who loves swimming around and making my back ache smile

Will be quiet for the next week as going to Centre Parcs which had terrible signal.

Time to try on my loosest swim suit amd paddy because it doesn't fit and I've left it too late to get a new one wink

BunchOfBobs Mon 09-May-16 11:43:13

Ooh I love centre parks Lauren. Which one? We go to Longleat every January. Have fun. It's a pain not being allowed on the slides and rapids but I still had a lovely time in Jan.

Co5mo Mon 09-May-16 11:56:29

Lauren if you're struggling, Next do next day delivery and I'm fairly certain they'll be happy to deliver to Centre Parcs. They have a couple of nice options. I went for a black one with removable straps and a snip at £22.

So there is a bonus to this sick leave thing ...getting some extra vitamin d in the garden

Newmrs22 Mon 09-May-16 12:18:42

Thanks for the thread potato. Will catch up later too.

28, with a 25+6 vanilla baby.

LillianFullStop Mon 09-May-16 12:19:01

Yay new thread with a summer theme!

Lillian 36 with a 16+1 stowaway nicknamed Bee

Just under 5 more weeks until my 20w scan and I can hopefully join Team Pink or Team Blue (unless I succeed in convincing DH to get a private scan before then!)

LisaTheGreek Mon 09-May-16 13:02:01

Thanks Irregular! Hope you're doing well x

Co5mo - is that your garden? It's gorgeous and so well-kept! I'm very envious.

Have fun at Center Parcs, Lauren! I didn't realise you can't go on the rapids when pregnant, Bunch (though it does make sense). I love the rapids, they're probably one of my favourite things to do there.

Potato, bloody hell, you're doing your own kitchen?! That's very cool, I'm really impressed. Can't believe you've got carpentry and tiling skills - bet you're very handy to have around! grin

As for myself, I'm checking in at 19 weeks exactly today. Anomaly scan isn't until I'm 21 weeks, so a bit longer to wait.

shelbTa Mon 09-May-16 13:03:35

Afternoon ladies!

Well, I'm officially pregnant - after rocking up to work having squeezed into my non mat jeans, I've had to concede defeat and go out at lunch and buy some maternity ones - the game is up!!!

Waves to everyone.

Forget from other thread who was feeling faint on the train - ah go steady, it's the same on my rush hour train. My OH had a good idea the other day (for once) - we are putting a small bottle of water in the freezer every night for me to drink / hold on train in morning to stay cool.

X

IndiX Mon 09-May-16 13:57:05

Place marking, will catch up later.

Indi
17+5 with a baby girl called Bean/Beanie.
Started feeling movements this week, also my belly is really starting to round out now. As much as I was dying to have a 'proper' bump by my holiday next week, I'm starting to miss my pre-bump body. Never mind, all for a good causewink

LillianFullStop Mon 09-May-16 14:00:37

That's a great idea shelb! I'm normally ok with the heat but this pregnancy malarchy is a whole different ballgame. I felt so flushed in the tube on Friday eve I was close to stepping out at the next time I wasn't sure if I would make it or not!! Lucky a few people stepped off and cleared some air.

Also there must be some crazy pollen in the air as I'm constantly having to violently sneeze. Anyone have any tips on combatting allergies without taking antihistamines? Or failing that being able to sneeze without feeling like I'm about to eject this baby in the process. It's ok when I can feel it coming and I can brace myself (holding PF and core before the sneeze comes on) but sometimes it comes on too quickly before I'm ready! Worse the last week since more stretching pains have come on at 16w and strong sneezes and stretching pains are quite incompatible! Any tips from other allergy sufferers most welcome!

Tazlet Mon 09-May-16 14:07:21

afternoon all! Place marking!

Taz, 37, 23 plus 3 with little baby Alexander due 2/09 - 1st baby tazlet

Co5mo Mon 09-May-16 14:27:06

Yes it is Lisa. The veggie patch and chickens are beyond the hedge at the bottom. Trust me, the photo is deceiving, it's not as well kept as it could be but it always looks better when DH has has the lawnmower out.

Lillian I've just started getting minor symptoms. I'm still torn between taking a nasal spray every day or taking the occasional anthistamine when I need it. Even though I know both are considered safe and I have treated countless pregnant patients on them I'm still thinking twice about it.

PotatosMum Mon 09-May-16 14:55:08

Bunch I know exactly what you mean about time speeding and dragging at the same time. I'm only just behind you and can't wait to hit the third trimester and be on the home stretch.

Having said that I couldn't see Potato's kicks yet, today she has been kicking furiously and my bump has been bouncing all over the place as a result. I think sometimes she does these things just to make a fibber out of me hmm

Co5mo I'm going to have a chat with my midwife on Wednesday and see what she thinks. Part of me really wants to go back, but another part of me just doesn't want to risk it.

Your garden is gorgeous!!!!

Lara and Indi yay for the first little movements. They will turn into kicks in no time smile

Irregular looking forward to finding out which team you're on later this week... Team blue are starting to lag badly.

Lauren enjoy your holiday. I second the suggestion of next for last minute shopping smile

Lillian your 20 week scan will be here in no time smile

Lisa I was raised by my dad... He's a git and I don't speak to him anymore but the one good thing about it was that some of my earliest memories include helping with DIY, plumbing and car mechanics. OH says I'm a bit of a rufty tufty because if there's a DIY task to do I'll just get on with it. Ironically he's the one with the flair for design, planning and finishing details he's a better girl than I am!

Shelb you've done well if you're only now in maternity clothes!

Taz I'll add you to the list smile

BunchOfBobs Mon 09-May-16 15:29:31

Cosmo your garden is so lovely.

Potato how lovely though. Glad you're now getting the dance shows too.

I laid down for a half hour power nap and woke up 2 hours later confused Good job I'm at the gym later to help tire me out for bed and fuck up my hips some more I'm sure

Sodasoda Mon 09-May-16 15:29:43

Hi everyone!

Shiny new thread! I'm 33 and have a 21+5 vanilla bean!

Last day of holidays! We've had a lovely time but the last couple of days we've had rain. I have been FURIOUS at all the report of gorgeous London weather! angry

I'm afraid there was too much for me to read back so just caught last page of previous thread.

Just sticking my oar in re wedding music - I walked down the aisle to Sam smith latch (acoustic version!) and back again to Take That, Greatest Day grin.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm feeling very relaxed, very full from lots of food and baby has really started moving quite noticeably in last week which has been fab - especially in the evenings.

Flying home tomorrow and back to work on Wednesday sad

Waves to everyone xx

StarkyTheDirewolf Mon 09-May-16 16:29:19

Starky, 29 with a 11+4 sprout who is occasionally acknowledged as Spudley.
Out of my size 8 jeans, can't get them over my arse now, size 10s are hanging on by a elastic band thread. Don't feel preggo at all today, not that I felt particularly preggo to begin with!

Sat in the garden watching dh lop down branches!

Pinklily1 Mon 09-May-16 16:35:43

Help ladies!

TMI but I've been struck by horrendous constipation confused First time it's happened. What are people eating/ taking to prompt things to 'flow' as t were?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now