Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2016 number 5 - waddling towards the third trimester!

(1000 Posts)
Mslg Wed 04-May-16 21:47:16

For the August 2016 ladies and babies!

Britnyspears Wed 04-May-16 21:52:15

New! Time to stop lurking and register! Hello everyone.

Sophia1984 Wed 04-May-16 22:03:09

Definitely waddling! 6 months tomorrow :-) My belly button seems to be getting even more obvious and, weirdly, I feel kind of embarrassed about it being visible through my clothes. Am totally ok with my changing body otherwise, so what is up with that?!

Mslg Wed 04-May-16 22:12:58

Sophia I'm defo waddling now! I'm ok with my body changing as well, I'm definitely a lot more comfortable with it than I thought I was going to be.

Welcome Britny! When is your baby due? We have a little list going at the minute if you want to add yourself to it? smile

Bearhuggy 29th July Unknown
FourForYouGlenCoco 29th July Boy
PickleBot 30th July Girl
Hgleslie89 30th July Unknown
LotsofDots 3rd August Unknown
Sophia1984 4th August Boy
Dileas29 5th August Girl
Mslg 6th August Unknown
Biscuitswithtea 6th August Unknown
Fizzyboo 6th August Girl
Strandedabroad 9th August Unknown
Rumisyum 10th August Unknown
Christinedonna 11th August Girl
Suziesome1 13th August Girl
MrsZumbaDancer 15th August Unknown
OwlinaTree 18th August Unknown
HazzaB89 21st August Unknown
Plimsolls 28th August Unknown
Peardrop2 29th August Girl

plimsolls Wed 04-May-16 22:19:04

Welcome britny !

Thanks for starting the new thread mslg.

Not much to report here although the baby has been quite active today which has been reassuring after a couple of quiet days. I never thought I'd be so pleased to be repeatedly kicked in the cervix!

PickleBot Wed 04-May-16 22:44:31

Ooooooooooooo new thread!

bearhuggy Wed 04-May-16 22:52:23

yey for the new thread, thanks for setting up! grin

Yes that coconut oil is a tricky one to get out of the jar...I have actually decanted some into a smaller travel pot and it seems to work better as less solid !

Struggling to get comfy in bed tonight, one very kicky babe + rib pain = confused

Midwife appointment first thing so will speak to him about my ribs and see if there is anything else I can try. For now, I will continue to surround myself in a pillow fort!!

FourForYouGlenCoco Wed 04-May-16 23:38:09

Yay, new thread! Thanks mslg.
And to your question - yes, I feel huge! Like a waddly whale. Sometimes on a bad pelvis day I also limp a bit, and the limp/waddle combo unfortunately makes me look like I'm trying to walk like a 'yoof' or a gang member or something. Not good.
Sophia how funny to be worrying about your belly button! I think sticky-out belly buttons on bumps are quite cute. Mine is still an innie but was ridiculously deep to start with. With DD it never actually popped out, just went completely flat. Very weird, I looked like a lab-grown alien person with my lack of belly button!
Welcome britny, nice to have you here smile
Dileas sorry you're feeling the same way, but glad I'm not alone! That is so adorable that your DD got her own little manicure! Hope you have an amazing time at centre parcs, you've definitely chosen the best weekend for it weather-wise.
bear we definitely need to put in our guesses on all the surprise flavour babies! Am so impressed with how many people have resisted finding out. Hope you've managed to find the magic pillow arrangement and are lovely and comfy.
Re moving - spent half my day on the phone today and it turns out that our buyers are actually quite normal, reasonable people, who have sadly chosen their solicitors from the depths of hell. They will definitely win the Arsehole Solicitors of the Year award, no question. But feeling much more positive and optimistic that we will in fact be moving house sometime this century, possibly even the next few weeks jinxed it now . We'll see.

Think the old pregnancy hormones have done a bit of number on me - I currently love DH A LOT, out of all proportion to his actual deserving-ness of this love. He's not really done/doing anything different but I feel completely overwhelmed with love for him at the moment. I irrationally hated him for most of pregnancy with DD, maybe it's a girl/boy thing?!

Fizzyboo Wed 04-May-16 23:55:45

Got a letter today booking me in for some antenatal physio, slight problem in being its for 20 days past my due date! Not sure I'll get one now, which is a shame as I have horrendous pain on one side if I walk any faster than an old lady in need of a double hip replacement!
People saying about getting freaked out by lack of movement, me too. It keeps bugging me, but when I lay down (and eat sweets ha) she normally starts up pretty quick, I just don't get many opportunities to lay down so I'll spend all day worrying! I think really I'm just more distracted during the day so I'm less conscious of it. Mostly just trying not to scare myself with things, had a headache today, obviously revved myself up for preeclampsia ... Not I slept really awkwardly... Ho hum!

LotsofDots Thu 05-May-16 06:48:37

Fizzy, phone the physios back, that must be a mistake. Ours were very keen to see people asap.

It's all about the pillow forts here too - coco lol at you with your gangsta walk, are you having to hitch up your maternity jeans as you go as well?

rumisyum Thu 05-May-16 08:04:11

Woot! Thanks for setting up the new thread, Mslg.

Can't remember who asked about feeling massive on the last thread, but omg yes. I'm carrying this pregnancy very differently from my first. I was very "neat" last time, even ended up with growth scans at the end cause my bump seemed small (baby was just hiding in my pelvis). But this time I'm definitely a lot less, um, neat. I look at least a month more pregnant than last time, & I'm bigger all over as well. shock Struggling a bit to feel entirely positive about these changes to be honest, but it's making me suspect this baby is a girl! That plus my body hair growth has slowed down massively, while I was super hairy last time. Might mean nothing else but that it's a different pregnancy though...

Baths ftw - thank you for suggesting them. Managed a couple in the evening this week & I'd forgotten how beautiful being immersed in water is when you're turning into a whale!

Last time round I was very anxious about birth (so did a load of hypnobirthing stuff & antenatal yoga, which helped enormously). This time I'm totally relaxed about birth (& actually looking forward to it!) but massively anxious about work/my career & just how on earth we're going to ever balance things with two such young children. And about the newborn sleep deprivation. confused Though at least this time I know it's coming... There's always something!

My son is poorly today & I've been getting lots of snuggles this morning & thinking about how little time we've had with just him. But on the other hand, he's ridiculously adorable at the moment & the idea of multiplying that in our family is making me broody! It's a good thing I'm already pregnant. wink

becksmumtobe Thu 05-May-16 08:50:22

Hi,

A friend of mine told me about this club so I thought I would pop over!

Due 13th August with a little girl grin

FourForYouGlenCoco Thu 05-May-16 09:44:39

Hi becks, congrats and welcome!
Dots - yes to the hitching up. Constantly . What fool designed maternity jeans?! My 'best' pair are circulation-damagingly tight round the calf and so loose round the arse that they fall down every 2 steps, very very annoying! They make my legs look good though so I keep torturing myself with them.
Fizzy that definitely doesn't sound quite right! Give them a ring, hopefully just a typo and they'll get it sorted and get you in sooner!
rum oooh the hair thing would make me suspect a girl for you! I am blessed with the yeti gene in my normal life, pg with DD was the only time I didn't have to shave daily. This time round I'm having a boy and I am soooo furry! I actually had to wax my forehead the other day because my eyebrows were trying to make friends with my hairline confused and my belly looks like a bear. Or a bloke. In fact I think I'm hairier than DH right now!

lilygirl81 Thu 05-May-16 10:34:41

Hi Becks welcome to our little group.

Four I'm like you, a yeti normally, but thankfully all my extra body hair seems to have grown very fair, I have a fluffy tummy, but so fine I only notice it when in the bath and all the bubbles in the water stick to them!

Dots my mothercare jeans are not too bad though do need hitched up a bit.

I've had so many comments about how neat I am, which, while lovely, is driving me mad, I want to look as pregnant as I am. I know I'm measuring right, I just don't seem to have that traditional bump shape yet.

I might be a bit quite for the next week, heading down to my sister's to help her with the twins for a week, so think I'll be running around like mad (not sure how that will,work with my bed rest needs, but will see what I can do)

bearhuggy Thu 05-May-16 10:43:39

Welcome becks nice to have you here smile

just been to my latest midwife appointment and saw yet another couple of ladies, looks like I probably won't ever see the same person twice! But they were lovely so I can't complain. Appointment went well, had bloods taken, measured the bump and listened to the heart beat again, always a nice sound. Discussed the GBS Study and have signed up for the swab between 35/37 weeks...anyone else having this?

coco I did manage to get nice and comfy in a world of pillows last night, so feeling better rested today! Glad to hear your house sale is pushing forwards, albeit at a snails pace...won't be long now before you are in and you will forget (hopefully!) this tedious waiting game. We are now set to exchange on Monday and complete on both properties on the 31st May so we have the bank holiday to pack up...fingers are crossed!

rumi sorry your son is poorly but sounds like you can have a day of nice cuddles smile think we all need to make the most of this quiet time before the babies arrive!!

MrsZumbaDancer Thu 05-May-16 11:46:40

Place marking smile will catch up soon!

strandedabroad Thu 05-May-16 14:58:08

Hi fellow waddlers!

It’s about time I checked in with you all!

Sorry for the long absence. I was on holiday, then spent the following week catching up with chores/work and I don’t know where the time goes.

26+2 here. Still feeling well, no real symptoms apart from 1 (!) slightly leaky nipple and ridiculous tiredness in the morning. I’m still sleeping well and could sleep all day! I have started rocking up at the office at 9.30 :-/ (it’s ok as I set my own hours, but not a great example).

The holiday was fantastic – if anyone is trying to decide whether to have a little break or not – GO now! I can say with confidence that it was the right thing for me to do – temperatures of 25 max and a 4 hour flight were bliss at this stage of the pregnancy. The flight back was very late at night, I was very grateful for DH driving back from the airport and I remember thinking I was glad I wasn’t any bigger as my legs got a bit uncomfortable. But I did really enjoy reading my book by the pool for potentially the last time in many many years to come!

I have my WC vaccine tomorrow morning. Baby is now moving fairly regularly, although it’s still all quite subtle as I have an anterior placenta. But it has some sort of pattern, which is nice. DH has also felt it a couple of times and I have seen my tummy move – easier when you’re in a bikini all day!

On a slightly less cheery note, I had a big fallout with my family as I tried to suggest they should wait until the baby is here and then book their flights, as I might need a few days to recover, establish breastfeeding, etc. I posted a thread on AIBU and everyone seems to think I did the right thing, but my mum and sisters are very offended and we’re currently not talking sad This has never happened before, I’m so close to my Mum and sisters. They don’t seem to understand that it’s my choice if I want a few days just with DH and the baby. This is apparently completely unreasonable – Italian families are really close and they were planning to come over as soon as the baby is born – realistically it will be on day 2 or 3 as they have to get a flight, but still I would have liked to have a say in that. I am very upset but have been standing my ground and I won’t be bullied into it. If I feel ok, then I will call and say ‘please come ASAP’, and that MIGHT well be day 3-4. I just don’t want it to be a given – gosh, Italian families can be suffocating. Sorry for offloading this on you. I’m sure it will be sorted soon, but it’s a little upsetting.

Welcome Britny and Becks!

Four what a palaver, I hope the moving situation is sorted soon. I actually like moving, it’s all the faff around it that I can’t be bothered with!

flowers for those of you feeling a bit down in the dumps or unwell – hopefully you’re going to reap the rewards soon!

Bring on the third trimester - I'm confused as to when it starts officially? Is it week 27?

bearhuggy Thu 05-May-16 16:45:13

welcome back stranded smile Great to hear you had such a nice time away, where did you go? I was totally the same as you once I got back from my trip...needed a week or so to get back into life and catching up!

So nice you can have a slightly later start to the day, I am freelance again now so am also setting my own hours which is a help. Only problem I am finding is that working from home means easy access to the kitchen and snacks confused

That's a shame you have had a disagreement with the family but I am totally on your side with this one and have said the exact same to mine. We would like to have at least a couple of days to ourselves once baby arrives to settle into a bit of a routine before the masses come to visit. My mum was a bit taken aback but has come round to it now as she understands its important for us. It's a hard one when non of us know exactly when these little bundles will arrive !! Stand your ground though and I am sure they will come round...it's not like you are ordering them to stay away indefinitely, it's only a matter of days.

Third trimester I think starts week 28?! But could be wrong!

Have added the list below for anyone jumping over from the old thread who has yet to update -

PickleBot 30th July Girl
Dileas29 5th August Girl
Mslg 6th August Unknown
Fizzyboo 6th August Girl

Basketofwool Thu 05-May-16 17:13:31

Just updating the stats with my info:

Basketofwool 29th July Unknown
PickleBot 30th July Girl
Dileas29 5th August Girl
Mslg 6th August Unknown
Fizzyboo 6th August Girl

Basketofwool Thu 05-May-16 17:19:44

Stranded you are right to stand your ground with your family. They will get over it eventually but you will never have those early days again so absolutely do what is best for you, your DH and baby.
I know what you mean about suffocating families. I'm finding my in laws quite stifling at the moment. They've just announced that they want to move nearer to us and inside my mind I was screaming NO!!! Then we will have to see them ALL THE TIME! Argh.

I think we're about to order our pram/pushchair/buggy/travel system/whatever the hell they're called! Feels a bit early but we found a good deal on the Uppababy Vista. Anyone else bought theirs yet? Anyone gone for the Vista? DH is obsessed with it and won't let me consider anything else. He plays with it everytime we go to John Lewis!

Sophia1984 Thu 05-May-16 20:18:07

Anyone else having to arrange their own maternity cover? hmm I'm so stressed out! I am only member of staff in region except freelancer and she doesn't want full-time work so finally got approval that she could step up to PT and we'd employ another freelancer. My manager said she'd contact her to talk it through weeks ago and hasn't, told me HR and emailed her the contract. She texted today to say she's applying for another freelance job!! Completely understandably as no-one except me has even talked to her about her having a job with us beyond the summer (no email from HR, no phone call from line manager...) Have reassured her that contract is on its way, but oh my god I should not have to be dealing with this!

Sophia1984 Thu 05-May-16 20:19:08

- told me HR had emailed her the contract

Mslg Thu 05-May-16 20:30:44

Oooh Basket where's the good deal on the Vista? that's the one I want to get as well.

Sophia sorry to hear about the work stress, last thing you need. HR in my company are generally very slow with this sort of thing as well. Feels like I've been waiting an age to get someone in to handover to
doesn't help that my manager is a completely inept tw@t who doesn't know his arse from his elbow

Stranded I saw your thread on AIBU and i really feel for you. I also live abroad from my family, although not quite as far (Irish living in UK) and no language barrier obviously but I have a similar situation with relatives wanting to come as soon as I go into labour. We have a double room and two singles you can't really swing a cat in and the thoughts of the house being overran with a pile of visitors after I give birth is giving me palpitations confused I also fell out with my parents last year over something completely unrelated and I know how hard it is sadflowers rest assured, it will all resolve itself in good time.

Mslg Thu 05-May-16 20:35:06

Just said goodbye to DP at the train station. He's going to South Africa with work until the 1st June sad my eyeliner is completely ruined!! Contemplating joining him for a week at the end of May... Would be going to Capetown and would be about 30 weeks by then. Am i mad to be even thinking of it?

Britnyspears Thu 05-May-16 20:46:18

plimsolls FourFor Sophia Strandedabroad
and everyone else- thanks for the welcome!!!
I am waddling (slipped discs too) and getting increasingly furry sideburns! Luckily they are blonde, but I do feel like Santa Claus! Ah the joys. Not much movement as anterior which sucks- but obvs I am very happy to have this as an issue relative to what could be! smile
Hopefully I have this right!!

Basketofwool 29th July Unknown
PickleBot 30th July Girl
Dileas29 5th August Girl
Mslg 6th August Unknown
Fizzyboo 6th August Girl
Britnyspears 22nd August Girl

Just getting to grips with posting. I think I have baby brain already as I don't know how you all remember everyone's posts to answer them! Apologies!

This thread is not accepting new messages.