Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2016 (thread number four). Entering the second trimester.

(999 Posts)
FuzzyOwl Sun 10-Apr-16 21:13:01

Last thread can be found here

FuzzyOwl Sun 10-Apr-16 21:17:55

Thinking of you Paige and I hope everything is ok.

Such a shame 1more! I was excited about the twin prospect. grin

Yes Tom. I wasn't aware of any symptoms although I had been suffering from awful stomach cramps (I felt bruised and sore, as if I had been punched/kicked and not just normal pregnancy twinges) and I also had nasty one sided pain. I started my antibiotics on Wednesday and already feel masses better.

Carlsberg84 Sun 10-Apr-16 21:20:24

Hi Figgygal, I think I'll probably have a gender scan...I'm too impatient to wait and there's a place nearby that only charges £45 xx

Figgygal Sun 10-Apr-16 21:50:37

Checking in.........

14+5 and off to bed this exhaustion is awesome I'm asleep within minutes of head hitting pillow

FuzzyOwl Sun 10-Apr-16 21:51:12

I will have one at 16 weeks as well. I think it breaks up the time in between scans really well and I prefer being able to refer to my bump as he or she.

Havetobecrazytolivehere Sun 10-Apr-16 22:01:11

Found you!

I've got about 17 days until my gender scan, can't wait to find out.
Have been looking at loads of stuff about nub theory but none the wiser, problem is I really want a boy as this is my last baby so think I am just seeing what I want to see iyswim. Does anyone fancy having a guess?

Picked up a Moses basket today I brought off eBay. It's still in the car, feels way to early really but I need to buy pretty much everything again. Need to sneak it in the house now it is dark.

FuzzyOwl Sun 10-Apr-16 22:03:17

I would guess a girl based on the nub theory Haveto but my guesses for myself weren't right so a very good chance of a boy for you

Shropitlikeitshot Sun 10-Apr-16 22:03:18

I missed the first twin announcement?! How exciting!

Can someone with slightly more energy than me copy and paste the stats over 🙏🏼😘

BigPigLittlePig Sun 10-Apr-16 22:23:25

Good spot on imminent thread death fuzzy

I thought there were 2 twin sets - one on numbers 3&4 and the others on 4&5?? Am far too tired to look back. Maybe some breakfast reading tomorrow.

Massive and bloated tonight, and in the manner of I think Fresh (apologies if wasn't you) I coughed, gagged and nearly pissed myself in the car today. Dh nearly died laughing. Me, not so much.

dottydimples Sun 10-Apr-16 22:31:16

Just checking in smile

I'm 12+4 today. Got my 12 weeks scan on Tuesday. Sickness is still lingering but nowhere near as awful as it used to be. Woke up last night with a real pain in my right hip and lower right back, hoping I just slept funny.

In other news, I bought some pregnancy leggings today - oh my gosh I am in heaven when wearing them. However, maternity jeans - I have a rather large bottom and none seem to fit me. I'm normally a size 14/16 and today I even tried on a size 20 and they just wouldn't go over my bum sad anyone got any recommendations for big bottomed maternity jeans?

Hope you all have lovely weeks! thanks

Carlsberg84 Sun 10-Apr-16 22:33:52

Yes I was the first one, with #3 and #4 and someone posted shortly after me with #4 and #5 xx

Nickname1980 Sun 10-Apr-16 22:59:27

Also checking in as don't know how to start watching threads any other way!

I want to go and get a private gender scan. My husband is a bit of a money-worrier is not keen on spending and thinks we should just wait until the 20 week scan! Out of interest, does anyone know much they are in London? £45 is fine! Would totally spend that!

Gigglebert Mon 11-Apr-16 06:31:05

Just checking in as well... I've got an extra scan tomorrow to investigate a couple of very small bleeds, trying to stay calm as babies heartbeat is fine on my doppler

Carlsberg84 Mon 11-Apr-16 08:04:40

Hope everything goes well Gigglebert.
I'm not sure what prices are like in London but I'd assume they're more expensive...I'm in the North West and they're between £45-£70 for a gender scan xx

Northernlight22 Mon 11-Apr-16 08:31:43

Checking in on the new thread. 13+5 now, still getting some sickness when I'm hungry / tired and getting a bit light headed at times. Other than that, nothing to report really!

JulietteL Mon 11-Apr-16 08:41:10

Checking in. 14+1. Keep reading smug baby books that say nausea disappears at 10-12 weeks. My arse it does! :-)

Gigglebert Mon 11-Apr-16 08:58:28

Thanks Carlsberg, keeping busy and trying to remember that about 12% of women experience bleeds during pregnancy, doctor and midwives I've seen haven't been concerned, just want to get to the bottom of it (suggestion I may have a very low placenta I think..)

pod100 Mon 11-Apr-16 08:59:58

Morning all, just checking in too. Now 11+3 and have scan tomorrow.

ditsygal Mon 11-Apr-16 10:29:44

havetobecrazy if you are interested in the nub theory its worth posting your scan on a few of the nub websites for opinions. The most 'expert' one I have found is babynub but also worth posting on gender dreaming and ingender.
Obviously it doesn't guarantee they will get the gender right but its fun to pass the time until the gender scan!

gigglebert hope everything is ok and you get some reassurance

BadlyWrittenPoem Mon 11-Apr-16 11:03:55

Hello, just catching up.

Welcome to all the newbies.

1more I have hyperemesis but got ondansetron early on and it's made a huge difference.

Can't remember who was asking about gestational diabetes but my understanding is that a previous baby bigger than 4.5kg (about 10lbs) should trigger having the GTT and growth scans in subsequent pregnancies.

Gender scans? I still haven't got a date for my dating scan yet! I think I'm about 12 weeks.

BadlyWrittenPoem Mon 11-Apr-16 11:07:40

Re: telling children. I had to tell DH off for letting DD1 tell some of her friends at church that we were expecting a baby when I was about six weeks. I was so ill we had to tell her and it somehow didn't occur to him that people might not want their children knowing about pregnancies so early on!

missybct Mon 11-Apr-16 11:09:24

Checking in - I was pretty AWOL on the other thread towards the end but I'm still here! 15w5d, hungry at work! Paige, I hope you are OK.

pod100 Mon 11-Apr-16 12:53:22

Badlywrittenpoem - can you chase up a date with your midwife? If you want the nuchal test to be done you need to be scanned before 14+1. I only got my scan date last week and it was for 3 May! I would have been well over 14 weeks by then so called them and got an appt straight away

BigPigLittlePig Mon 11-Apr-16 13:38:44

Dsd was full of questions poem (she's 8) - how long have you and daddy known? were you pregnant when you had that argument the other week? yes and it was in no way related to my hormones why didn't you tell me before? Had to explain that some tiny babies the size of your fingernail are poorly and stop growing into healthy big babies so we waited for the scan to show it was waving and growing. They're so matter of fact at that age that they take a lot of it in their stride, I'm sure.

Nausea central today, 14w. Have just had half a can of tomato soup and am sitting v v quietly. Back to work tomorrow as flu has finally gone, but am not looking forward to it.

BadlyWrittenPoem Mon 11-Apr-16 13:39:26

My MW messaged me on Tuesday saying I should hear from the HOM of a nearby trust soon and I don't have the HOM's number. I don't want the extra screening so that doesn't matter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now