Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Twins Group - due Summer-Autumn 2016??

(15 Posts)
AutumnRose1988 Sat 09-Apr-16 08:50:43

Hi all, I am a first time mum (28) and pregnant with twins due 11th October grin and would love some other twin mummies to chat to (or non-twin mummies - all welcome!)

Smiler81 Tue 12-Apr-16 20:23:33

Hi AutumnRose, I'm 34 and now 29 weeks pregnant with twins. I'm starting to feel pretty big now, but been really lucky with my pregnancy up to this point. How are you feeling?

mellysam Fri 15-Apr-16 14:31:32

Hello! I'm first time mum (31yrs) and i'm 18 weeks with twins due on Sep 11th.
My pregnancy has been very good so far, no sickness but sore boobs lasted for ages.
My belly has a lovely podge to it now, and I think I am feeling little prods from the babies (or I have very strange wind hmm)

AutumnRose1988 Mon 18-Apr-16 07:06:28

Don't talk to me about wind lol I've had crippling trapped wind and constipation which horrified me and was quite uncomfortable lol.

I am 15 weeks and feel like I could pop! Last night I was out of breath sitting down as I think everything being bunched up made it hard to breath. Not felt any flutters yet which I am desperately looking out for now as I am getting worried (as I do about everything lol).

Had my appointment with the consultant and everything seems to be going well. On aspirin and iron as a precaution and then going to be scanned every 4 weeks after 20 week scan.

NotAClue82 Thu 12-May-16 13:21:10

Hi guys! I'm expecting my twins slightly later (early December) but I'm just happy to have found some other mums expecting twins! How are you all doing?

Smiler81 Sat 14-May-16 20:23:31

Congratulations notaclue, is this your first pregnancy? I'm now nearly 34 weeks and both babies are about 4lb 7 according to this weeks scan, so quite a bit of weight to carry round. I finish work in two weeks and can't wait to be honest! I've been so lucky with the whole pregnancy, just got slightly swollen feet the last two weeks. How are you all doing??

mellysam Sun 15-May-16 17:14:30

Hi notaclue! I'm 23 weeks today. Enjoying it all so far, having one boy and one girl smile
Smiler glad your pregnancy is going well, I've started getting puffy feet and sore fingers. I think it's water retention and the recent warm weather hasn't helped.

NotAClue82 Sun 15-May-16 22:47:10

Hey Smiler and Melly! Wow you guys are a bit further along than me! Exciting! I bet you can't wait for maternity leave to start Smiler! I'm actually feeling okay about it at the moment. Just really keen to meet the consultant now so I can ask some questions, and have the next scan. There's a lot of waiting around when you're pregnant... melly I swell up like a balloon doing my last pregnancy! I hope you feel a bit less "puffy* soon, it's a pain!

doubletrouble41 Mon 20-Jun-16 22:17:19

hi there fellow twin carriers, NotAClue82 my twins are also due in December, would be great to hear how you're getting on all of you!

mellysam Tue 21-Jun-16 11:59:25

Hello! I'm 28 weeks now and still doing well. Feet are still super puffy though. We had our first extra scan last week and both babies are about 2lb and all looks good.
The house is starting to fill up with baby stuff now which is exciting smile
How many weeks are you, how are you feeling?

doubletrouble41 Tue 21-Jun-16 14:09:14

hi mellysam I am 14 weeks, and eyeing up baby stuff but too scared to buy anything yet! Are you having identicals or non? Do you know the sex? Is it true that at 28 weeks I will be much bigger than if carrying a singleton? Im feeling ok thanks, the last few days my nausea has drastically improved. i hate morning sickness!

doubletrouble41 Tue 21-Jun-16 14:10:33

mellysam just read your earlier post, a boy and a girl! Thats gorgeous! My other half hopes its one of each but I dont mind either way.

mellysam Tue 21-Jun-16 22:40:29

This is my belly! So not huge but I could be rather large if I last another 10 weeks grin
Sorry to hear you are feeling sick I fortunately didn't suffer with that, I hope it doesn't last too much longer.
I secretly wanted at least one girl but when they found the boy first at our 20 week scan I do remember thinking to myself that I wouldn't mind if they were both boys, I just wanted them to be healthy.
Its incredible the amount of love you feel for these two little strangers growing inside you. After our 20 week scan we went and bought their first little outfits from us mummy and daddy smile

doubletrouble41 Wed 22-Jun-16 23:22:30

You look fantastic! I cant believe I have a sizeable bump already and I'm only 14 weeks! I cannot wait for the 20 week scan, and to do some shopping ! I think i will feel more confident by then. My sickness is subsiding actually, thanks,
and my appetite is back which is a relief. when is your due date?

mellysam Fri 24-Jun-16 19:29:31

Thank you! I do love having a bump, and they are wriggling around quite a lot now, although its rather uncomfortable when they manage to kick me in the bladder.
My official due date is 11 Sep (40 weeks) but my consultant says they want them out by 38 weeks so August babies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now