Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2016 - End of pregnancy sickness is in sight....please!

(1002 Posts)
Sharesinpampers Fri 25-Mar-16 09:00:11

I couldn't post on last thread so hope everyone finds this one!

Great pic annaB and what a lucky girl having four big brothers! I always wanted a big brother and not just because I imagined he'd have cute friends

AnnaR hope you're feeling better now. And glad everyone else seems to be doing ok. I turned 17 weeks a couple of days ago and so so so thankful that I'm eventually feeling much better! Absolutely wiped out by the end of the day but able to eat more now so I think energy will be back soon smile

DH is off today, yay! Family coming for lunch and the sun is out...happy days

balalalala Fri 25-Mar-16 21:00:00

Well done on starting a new thread! Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. I'm just recovering from a dose of flu/cold/cough. Nearly there but it really wiped me out!

Sharesinpampers Fri 25-Mar-16 21:17:03

Glad you found the thread! That is rubbish, particularly if paracetamol just won't cut it. Glad you're getting better, hope you're back to normal soon.

I'm starting to make up lost time on the food front grin

Annabrooke90 Sat 26-Mar-16 09:51:47

Marking my place smile

Thankyou shares, I'm still shocked lol. Very lucky girl.

How is everyone getting on? Most of my symptoms have gone now except excessive tiredness, and horrible skin. I also can't stop eating lol.

Aceberry Sat 26-Mar-16 20:35:41

Hi everyone - I'm 15 weeks tomorrow and can feel light flutters - this is my third pregnancy so definitely recognise that amazing feeling. Starting to show a bit now but haven't told work yet due to office politics! 🙄

Annabrooke90 Sun 27-Mar-16 09:01:25

I was feeling early flutters a couple of weeks ago but barely feel them at all now, my scan revealed an anterior placenta so that is the reason and currently baby is sitting right behind it. Very strange because I've always had posterior so felt every little movement.

Bobbycatz Sun 27-Mar-16 09:51:48

I'm really looking forward to feeling baby but heard it's much later with your first, so not expecting anything soon.

Aceberry when are you going to tell work? I told my boss last Monday and was completely dreading it, but I felt so much better afterwards.

14+2

Annabrooke90 Sun 27-Mar-16 13:32:37

I still have a secret pregnancy lol, I haven't told my parents or family yet or DP's family. A few of my best friends know but thats about it. Not sure when to tell them.

sparklystars20 Mon 28-Mar-16 20:40:22

Hello ladies! Not posted for a while but mostly been keeping up - it's gone very quiet since the Facebook group started!
Shall we re-do a list of who's still on here?

Me: Sparklystars20, 28, DC1, Originally due 1/9 according to dates but 12 week scan put me at DD 28/8!

Currently 18 weeks and think I'm feeling bubbly movements? Looking forward to the first 'kicks' wink

balalalala Mon 28-Mar-16 21:09:28

Good idea smile

Sparklystars20, 28, DC1, 28/8
balalalala, 27, DC1, 1/9

SockQueen Mon 28-Mar-16 21:21:42

balalalala, 27, DC1, 1/9
SockQueen, 31, DC1, 9/9

If I was feeling clever we could set up a Google Docs spreadsheet for people to update instead of repeating the list loads of times, but I can't face that right now!

Currently 16+3, not felt any movements yet, but I'm feeling much better from a sickness/tiredness point of view. Seeing the midwife tomorrow for my next check-up.

Bobbycatz Mon 28-Mar-16 21:34:24

Sounds good

balalalala, 27, DC1, 1/9
SockQueen, 31, DC1, 9/9
Bobbycatz, 29, DC1, 23/9

Gemma365 Mon 28-Mar-16 22:43:33

Hi ladies, good idea. Are you in the Facebook group too? I'm really showing now although only 14+5, can't wait to feel some movement. My sickness has almost completely gone too so happy about that.

balalalala, 27, DC1, 1/9
SockQueen, 31, DC1, 9/9
Bobbycatz, 29, DC1, 23/9
Gemma365, 27, DC1, 29/9

balalalala, 27, DC1, 1/9
LetThereBeCupcakes, 33, 1/9
SockQueen, 31, DC1, 9/9
Bobbycatz, 29, DC1, 23/9
Gemma365, 27, DC1, 29/9

Hi everybody. I've not been around for a while. Been too busy throwing up and chasing my 3 year old! TBH I've been so ill I've really not thought about the pregnancy much. Feeling a lot better now so suddenly feeling a bit behind! I will be 18 weeks on Thursday. I have my 20 week scan on the 14th of April (so will be exactly 20 weeks). Really hoping to find out the sex (mainly for DS' benefit, who is utterly convinced it's a girl!).

We're starting to sort out DS' room a bit, want to move him into a single bed ASAP so we can use his cot bed for the baby. I'd like to get the cot bed "put away" for a bit so he doesn't think we're taking his things to give to the baby. We've not been able to find a bed we like (they all seem to take up masses of space, or have zero storage), so DH is going to build him something (he's a carpenter).

Think I felt a little flutter of movement last night, not completely sure though! Anna my placenta was anterior last time, it was a while before I felt movement but when I did I thought it was pretty strong! Will be interesting to see how things are this time.

Hope everybody's had a good Easter.

Annabrooke90 Tue 29-Mar-16 08:50:57

I have no idea how to paste and copy on this phone. But mine is
Annabrooke, 25, DC5 (girl), 8/09/16.

Got a few hours this morning doing assignments and my brain just cannot function....pregnancy fog. Ds4 is currently teething and had a very bad night last night poor little man, hes not the best sleeper as it is, so think today he will be very off and sleepy.

Lettherebe- I was convinced something was wrong this time as I'd felt the odd few (I've always felt movements early well first was 16 weeks and with my other boys it has been from 13 weeks) and then they entirely stopped, must have been as the placenta has grown in the way they have stopped. Went to my midwife appointment last week feeling terrified lol. But then I mentioned I'd stopped feeling baby move he said placenta is at the front and baby is laid straight behind it so she's kicking that. It so far feels totally different from having posterior so can't wait to the kicks get stronger smile.

Hope everyone had a nice easter smile

Gemma365 Tue 29-Mar-16 12:42:02

Two of my friends had babies in December, one had posterior and the other anterior and the contrast was huge. I'm posterior so pleased about that.

I put my due date in wrong.

balalalala, 27, DC1, 1/9
Annabrooke, 25, DD5, 8/09/16
SockQueen, 31, DC1, 9/9
Gemma365, 27, DC1, 21/9
Bobbycatz, 29, DC1, 23/9

Annabrooke90 Tue 29-Mar-16 13:11:49

Thankyou for adding me on Gemma.

sparklystars20 Tue 29-Mar-16 15:33:13

cupcakes I have the 20 week scan on 14th April too! Hubby wants to find out sex and I'm happy either way so hoping baby is not being shy that day wink

anna - wow - 4dc already and another on the way! You must love being busy smile and doing assignments too!! Hats off to you, I can barely function myself with baby brain, let alone have children and study to do as well! You must be superwoman star

We're really struggling with boys names... We want something a bit different or traditional but not too quirky hmm Any ideas?!

Annabrooke90 Tue 29-Mar-16 16:58:19

Far from sparkly lol. I just have a place at uni for September and don't want to defer as tuition fees change after this September so trying my best to finish these modules beforehand so I definitely get the requirements. R.e boys names I have four boys and I struggle with boys names too, they are quite traditional although quite popular which I don't usually like but I struggled and their names jumped out at me when they are born. They are called Joshua, Oliver, Lewis and Leo smile I'm struggling with girls names now though.

Gemma365 Tue 29-Mar-16 17:06:28

Sparkly I like Arthur and Theodore for traditional names. My friend has recently called her boy Rufus which really suits him although I wasn't sure at first.

Boys we're thinking Ryan or Joshua. Girls I absolutely love Ethel but DH hates it so thinking Rachel or Millie.

We like names beginning with M for alliteration with our last name but can't find any we agree on apart from Millie. I'm not sure I can picture a 45 year old Millie, what do you think? Any other suggestions?

A few people I know have gone with Annabelle, Isobel and Beatrice. I think they are all nice.

Gemma365 Tue 29-Mar-16 17:22:26

Annabrooke you have a good selection of boys names there I think. Were you going for a girl this time round?

Gemma365 Tue 29-Mar-16 17:24:04

*hoping for a girl

Annabrooke90 Tue 29-Mar-16 17:49:15

Gemma this pregnancy was a total suprise and to be honest I really thought I was having another boys but knew a girl would be nice as DP hasn't got any girls on his side (well not in a very long time all girls are like from his dad's brothers etc) and my boys the older two (7& almost 5) kept saying we need a girl in the house because there is too many boys haha. But because there was so many boys on DP's side I just thought this baby would be a boy too; was very shocked when sonographer said little girl. I'm still quite shocked smile

sparklystars20 Tue 29-Mar-16 18:25:44

They're all lovely names! I love lots of names but being a teacher I associate lots of names with children I know and want to find a name that I have no association with so that I don't have any preconceptions of what their personality will be like wink
We got married in Finland so considering a Scandinavian name/variation but nothing too complicated!! hmm

Sharesinpampers Tue 29-Mar-16 19:20:12

I love Zander for a boy (there's already an Alexander in the family so couldn't go for that) but DH doesn't like it so it's no longer on my list.

My scan is on 14th too! And my consultant appt to discuss whether this birth will be a c section.

I'm still crying at silly, funny things. Watched a video of someone winning an award at work and found myself welling up with happy tears! I don't even know the guy blush

Sharesinpampers, DC2, 31/8
balalalala, 27, DC1, 1/9
Annabrooke, 25, DD5, 8/09/16
SockQueen, 31, DC1, 9/9
Gemma365, 27, DC1, 21/9
Bobbycatz, 29, DC1, 23/9

This thread is not accepting new messages.