Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thread #4 - TTC#1 the one where Stark joins the grads!!!!

(964 Posts)
Runner05 Mon 21-Mar-16 12:33:44

Welcome to another riveting instalment of TTC#1 grads.

We've got new grads POAS every day just to make sure, 1st Trimesters wondering if they will be hit by the dreaded morning sickness or not, those approaching the hollowed promised land of the second trimester where all is good and the glowing will prevail... Those who have reached the second trimester and are thoroughly miffed at the lack of glowing.
We have scan photos, bizarre symptoms and the joys of baby shopping, and very importantly we now have Stark!

All are welcome on the wild gas powered ride that is TTC#1 grads grin

Laurenrl Mon 21-Mar-16 14:27:45

Place marking!

Lauren, 25, baby #1 12+4 with a micro human- EDD 29th sept

Runner05 Mon 21-Mar-16 15:13:45

Runner, harbouring a 17week Orange currently called Potato.

100% certain I felt Potato kick this afternoon about 6 tiny prods right at the bottom of my tummy. I'm not sure if that meant he liked the salt and vinegar crisps I'd just eaten or hated them lol
Cute baby kicks aside I'm shattered and I want to go home now!

August
11 Mor
13 Bunch
16 New
27 Runner (or any time after 04/06)
30 Pink

September
1 Shelb
4 Nev
12 Danni
14 Soda
14 LittleBelle
17 Bubbles
28 Leonie

October
1 Lauren
5 Lisa
8 Choc
10 Miley
10 Irregular
11 Indi
13 Co5mo
14 Lillian
20 Planet
27 Lara
30 First

November
6 Bellini
8 Pyxie
11 Peaches
12 Rae
21 Canters
25 Stark!!!!!
25 Jam

Bugmuncher Mon 21-Mar-16 15:15:20

Also place marking!

Runner05 Mon 21-Mar-16 15:15:21

Oops! Lauren I'll update your EDD next time I post the list.

BunchOfBobs Mon 21-Mar-16 15:37:11

Bunch growing a courgette/grapefruit sized BOY Pip at 19+2.

Scan was AMAZING! Everything looks great. He's a naughty boy and I had to get up twice to get him where he was supposed to be. Sonographer gave him a jiggle and he gave her the finger HAHA!!

BunchOfBobs Mon 21-Mar-16 15:37:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Runner05 Mon 21-Mar-16 15:50:43

Eeeeee!!! Bunch that's amazing! I'm so happy for you grin

August
11 Mor
13 Bunch (Boy)
16 New
27 Runner (or any time after 04/06)
30 Pink

September
1 Shelb
4 Nev
12 Danni
14 Soda
14 LittleBelle
17 Bubbles
28 Leonie
29 Laurenrl

October
5 Lisa
8 Choc
10 Miley
10 Irregular
11 Indi
13 Co5mo
14 Lillian
20 Planet
27 Lara
30 First

November
6 Bellini
8 Pyxie
11 Peaches
12 Rae
21 Canters
25 Stark!!!!!
25 Jam

IndiX Mon 21-Mar-16 15:52:40

Omg bunch a little boy! How amazing. Did you think you were going to have a boy?

Indi
25y/o
Currently harbouring a 10+6 Lego man sized Bean.
On a city break in Nice with my friends for the next 3 nights, my lower back/coccyx is killing me, I feel fat and bloated as soon as I eat and generally a bit knackered. It's been a long day though and at least I don't feel nauseous.
Hope everyone is doing ok

LaraG13 Mon 21-Mar-16 15:53:16

Thanks for the new thread Runner. Love the colours and pattern of your pram!

Yay bunch how wonderful. Can't remember, did you expect a boy?

BunchOfBobs Mon 21-Mar-16 15:56:23

Thanks ladies.
Yes indi Lara both Runner and I refer to our LOs as "He". Seems my instinct was right. He was so proud showing it off, pelvic thrusting a load. The sonographer seemed quite amused by him smile

Runner05 Mon 21-Mar-16 16:05:41

Aww... That's so cool! I can't wait to find out what mine is. I'm so jealous wink

LisaTheGreek Mon 21-Mar-16 16:14:41

Bunch, that's awesome! What a great photo! And congrats on a lovely boy!

Checking in:
Currently harbouring an 11+5 plum, EDD is 5th October.

Hoping for second trimester glow and easing off of sickness soon (fingers crossed!)

Danni89 Mon 21-Mar-16 16:20:52

Awww a boy!! Congrats bunch!

Danni, 27 on Thurs eeeekk!.... Currently growing a lil pear at 15+1 weeks.

Sodasoda Mon 21-Mar-16 16:31:51

Thanks for the new thread runner

Fab scans lauren and bunch! A boy!! How exciting! I have a strong hunch mine is a boy but we're not finding out - such a long wait!

I'm 14+5 growing a lemon-sized human. Feeling ok, looking forward to the mythical second trimester glow and a proper bump smile

Pinklily1 Mon 21-Mar-16 17:18:57

Eek Bunch, a boy!! Was it easy for them to tell or did they get you to move around to jog him into the right position? How long did the scan take?

My stats:

Pink, age 33, baby no. 1, I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow when baby will be the size of a naval orange. Super thankful to be out of the first trimester and feeling better by the day smile

Canters15 Mon 21-Mar-16 17:21:37

Oh bunch!! congrats! may have welled up

Canters, age 29, 5 weeks today with an orange seed!

IrregularCommentary Mon 21-Mar-16 17:23:52

Checking in: 11 weeks today and desperately looking forward to my scan next week where I can FINALLY see what all the fuss, farting and sickness has all been about!

Great scan Bunch smile

shelbTa Mon 21-Mar-16 17:36:52

Amazing congrats bunch!!!! X

Nevlet Mon 21-Mar-16 17:46:50

How lovely bunch! glad it went well after you were so worried!

Nevlet, 25 y/o, 16+1 with a permanent migraine avocado

We find out a week on Thursday whether we are having a boy or girl. This is also my Mum's birthday so want to surprise both families at the meal out that night - any suggestions for a non cringe worthy reveal? They have no idea we are finding out so will be a real surprise to our Mums!

Morwenna1 Mon 21-Mar-16 17:51:58

Found you all! Amazing scan picture Bunch! Aw, he looks happy in there smile

And...*STARKY*! I'm terrible at keeping up with the thread, so can I say a big hello and congratulations on your BFP!! Amazing smile

I hope you're all doing ok, that EDD list just keeps getting longer!

We went and started the mammoth task of car seat/pram etc. hunting - oh my god it's a headache! I think someone was asking if anyone was considering lie-flat car seats? We are, but we've done a bit more research into them (on Which). The Cybex one has a good crash rating, the Jane one (Spanish brand) doesn't have a good rating because it's a pig to fix into the base and there's a high risk of not installing it correctly. We thought it could be good to go for a lie-flat as it's less bits of kit (i.e. you don't need a separate bassinet), but it's working out more expensive to do it this way. The lie-flats are quite new to market.

I have asked my mum friends about their take on this, points raised:
- No two people have the same thing, there's no magic, reasonably priced, good quality system that everyone is going for.
- Having said that, the Maxi Cosi car seat has been mentioned on several occasions.
- Having a car seat that lifts out and goes onto a chassis (i.e. wheels) is a must (although you shouldn't leave them in there for longer than 2 hours) Not waking the baby getting them out of the car is a big plus!
- Three wheelers are a lot easier if you're going off road.

Oh, and sling libraries are good for trying out different types before committing to one. So I'm going to investigate that.

Bunch I have my 20 wk scan on Thursday. I just googled what it's all about. Yeah, I shouldn't have done that.

Last night, I put DH hand on my tummy and he felt a kick for the first time smile I had my dinner last night and got loads of kicks! LO obviously likes pork dishes!

Morwenna1 Mon 21-Mar-16 17:55:39

I also discovered this online after still births were in the news today:

www.kickscount.org.uk/

I've ordered one of their bracelets to help me keep track, but apparently you don't count 10 kicks in 2 hours anymore - it's just trying to track the pattern of your baby's movements and noticing if they reduce.

BunchOfBobs Mon 21-Mar-16 18:06:53

Thanks everyone.
Pink it was super easy to tell a she was only too keen to show it off. She didn't even tell us we all just burst out laughing. I had to get up to get him to move around for his heart check and again I had to wiggle my hips to get him in a better photo position.

Snap Mor DH had his first kick last night smile

I'm so happy right now and currently en route home after the baby IKEA shop. Only chance we had to get it done as the dog is on his holidays as we're in between ours. We're just home from a weekend away and spa break is tomorrow woop.
It's a great week grin

StarkyTheDirewolf Mon 21-Mar-16 18:41:04

bunch that's amazing! Wow! Congratulations on your little boy!
runner I feel like the most honoured person ever! Thank you! I've been so overwhelmed with all the love on here and the ttc thread! I've teared up more than once!

Starky, 29, 4+3 according to ovia poppy seed pelvic lodger who I'm calling Spudley for now. I am so full of wind it's musical no change there then still doing a pee stick a day just to see two lines! Dribbling like a basset hound. Everything either makes me cry or maks me laugh out loud! Giving it another week or so before calling up the gp. I'm still in shock a bit I think! grin

Peaches8Posies Mon 21-Mar-16 19:13:10

Aww congratulations bunch. I'm feeling it's a boy for me too. Can't wait to find out. Your pictures beautiful 😊laughing at him showing off already ☺

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now