Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2016. Hoping for sticky ones!!!

(998 Posts)
Summerblaze100 Sun 21-Feb-16 08:44:52

Just got my BFP this morning. Only 11dpo on our 5th cycle but hoping for it to stick.

I already have 3 DC. DD (nearly 12), DS1 (8) and DS2 (nearly 4).

I have 3 early m/c in between my DC so very cautious at the moment.

Anyone want to join me?

Tidythatmess Sun 21-Feb-16 10:14:24

Hi Summer!

I came here to see if there was already a Nov thread. Got bfp yesterday at 11dpo, this will be no. 3 for me.

Have also previously had several early m/c so am cautiously excited. This was our first month trying after taking a break for a while to recover so am a bit shocked.

also slightly worried about when the nausea strikes and I have to look after my two tearaways!

Tidythatmess Sun 21-Feb-16 10:15:04

Forgot to add that I think due date will be 2nd.

funkky Sun 21-Feb-16 13:14:08

Ha ha. finally a thread!, Been checking since I got my BFP yesterday morning.

IVF second cycle. I have a two year old and I work full time so this should be interesting!

Summerblaze100 Sun 21-Feb-16 13:42:57

Hi ladies.

I also have a due date of 2nd Nov. Been using the Clearblue Fertility Monitor so I know when ovulation was.

I was thinking the same. I always have 24hr nausea until about 14 weeks and no idea how I will manage it. My DD is in the process of moving secondary schools due to bullying, my youngest DS starts school in September and my eldest DS has Mild SN so is a bit more of a handful. Throw in my 2 jobs and 2 voluntary positions and I think I might make a mess of some things.

Being PG after having m/c's is hard isn't it. I had my DD, 1 m/c, DS1, 2 m/c's, DS2.

Tidythatmess Sun 21-Feb-16 16:36:25

summer you are one busy woman!! That's awful about your daughter, it must be so stressful.

My youngest is starting school this sept too...sometimes I think we must be mad as it will be great to get them both settled in school and have some more free time but I was just too broody!grin

It's very worrying being pregnant after miscarriage, especially as my last one was 6 months ago. I am desperate for a baby before Christmas as i found the Christmas just past so sad not having the baby i thought I was going to have. But still, other people have mc at a much later stage than me so at least mine was relatively "non traumatic" if that makes sense, although very upsetting.

funkky congratulations on your bfp! You must be over the moon after a stressful time.

Thurlow Sun 21-Feb-16 16:41:03

Afternoon all grin

Tentative BFP today. It wasn't first morning pee so I have one test with a really faint line and a supermarket digital one that said 'not pregnant' on the display but the test inside has a line on it. Tbh I suspect I was - am due on Tuesday and have had no spotting or any other signs, and feel slightly nauseous and can smell everything!

Had bad sickness with DD (took medication throughout) so am rather nervous - I have a much longer commute now and a 4yo to look after, so that's worrying me. But whatever happens will happen, I guess, and I can work from home so if it gets bad I'll just give work the choice of me being signed off or working from home for a few weeks.

Congrats to everyone else! I'm going to do another test with good morning pee tomorrow but am pretty certain.

Timing wise, if everything goes well it would make me a EDD of 3rd Nov, so hopefully with a planned cs (and I'm not going to budge until they give me one!) that would be late November.

Summerblaze100 Sun 21-Feb-16 20:47:09

Good luck testing tomorrow Thurlow. I'm going to do another one tomorrow just to check.

Having twingy pains so hoping that's a good thing and not bad news.

Tidythatmess Sun 21-Feb-16 22:03:01

Good luck Thurlow!

I'm doing another First Response tomorrow because I'm so anxious. I want to see the lines getting darker to ease my nerves. Then in a few weeks I will waste money on digitals confused

I had twingy pains too, I think they are perfectly normal.

Thurlow Mon 22-Feb-16 09:31:34

How's everyone doing this morning?

Mine came back positive with the aid of some strong morning wee which I spilt all over the floor. Eek!

AlbusPercival Mon 22-Feb-16 09:44:11

Can I join?

Think I am due around 1st Nov.

I had a mc at 11 weeks in Dec 2014, got pregnant again straightaway, but scan at 8 weeks showed two embryos that had never developed which I then naturally MC a few days later.

I really hope this is the one. But not sure.

I am about 5 weeks into Cto5km, but not sure if I should carry on or not

Tidythatmess Mon 22-Feb-16 11:15:30

Hi albus many congrats, i hope this is your time for a sticky one!
It's so nerve wracking, isn't it?

My First Response is still positive but hasn't got a lot darker in two days so am now feeling quite pessimistic. Really hope it's not a chemical pregnancy. I did drink quite a lot of water before bed Last night so am hoping that it just diluted the wee a bit.

Writerwannabe83 Mon 22-Feb-16 12:20:39

Hello all!!

I have been having faint IC BFP results over the weekend but got a lovely FRER BFP this morning so here I am. My husband is in shock!

We have a DS already who will be 2 in March smile

I'm going to back and read the thread now grin

Summerblaze100 Mon 22-Feb-16 15:01:50

Hi Albus and Writer.
Fingers crossed that they stay sticky.

I got another positive this morning, slightly darker than yesterday's so all good so far. AF due on Wednesday but usually start spotting the day before.

Glad you had another BFP Thurlow.

Thurlow Mon 22-Feb-16 15:28:56

Congrats on another positive, Summer.

Hi writer and albus - albus, I have everything crossed for you.

Can I ask for some honest support on here? We had only been half-heartedly TTC (i.e. no peeing on sticks etc) so am a bit surprised that it has happened this month. Which means that I haven't quit smoking, as I was always "next month, next month" blush So, I'm trying to be good today (but am a bit shocked, which doesn't improve my mood, which makes me want to smoke more...) but I have the hypnotherapist booked for Saturday, this earliest appointment I could get.

AlbusPercival Mon 22-Feb-16 16:09:10

Thanks Thurlow

Keep on giving up, I have given up caffeine and am trying to eat healthily, and it is hard, so I understand giving up the adictiveness of nicotine must be very hard.

My DSis smiked throughout her pregnancy, and still smokes, DNeice has asthma which has put her in hospital a few times at 8 months old. I don't want to come across as harsh, but perhaps it can help you stay strong xx

Thurlow Mon 22-Feb-16 16:37:30

Thanks. I've only had one coffee today and have stuck with the decaf and have a stonking headache for it grin

My problem is I never fully managed to quit with DD. Who is absolutely fine. Which I know is total bollocks and pure luck and I must do it this time.

So hypnotherapy first, and being honest with the midwives this time around too. I swear.

wereallgoingonasummerholiday Mon 22-Feb-16 19:34:06

Please can I join I have been trying since August last year however I had extremely long cycle 77 days normally but this month jumped down to 30 because I clearly stopped stressing ! Edd 4th November first baby !

Writerwannabe83 Mon 22-Feb-16 20:44:07

My EDD is the 4th too grin

wereallgoingonasummerholiday Mon 22-Feb-16 20:51:43

I have not really had any symptoms but I think my cat knew already

Writerwannabe83 Mon 22-Feb-16 20:58:39

I've had little symptoms over the last 5 days, mainly a stomach ache, stretching cramping pains and shooting sensations through my pelvis. I used to have cats but we had to rehome them because DS terrorised them to the point of complete unhappiness sad

wereallgoingonasummerholiday Mon 22-Feb-16 21:03:21

Oh dear ... One of my cats has been sleeping on my lap constantly

wereallgoingonasummerholiday Tue 23-Feb-16 12:07:31

good afternoon I have been having so period like cramps is this normal?

Thurlow Tue 23-Feb-16 12:30:16

Congrats, were! Yes, that can really normal. My first pg was unexpected and I spent a whole week after my AF date thinking that I would come on because I was cramping. There's a lot going on down there so it's quite normal to have cramping.

Summerblaze100 Tue 23-Feb-16 12:34:55

Hi were. Yes completely normal. I've been having some period like cramps but I've had them in previous pg's too.

Another day, another BFP today. Think I'm going to wait a few more days to do another.

Not sure when to ring the Drs and start the ball rolling. Still really worried about m/c.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now