Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feb 2016 Babies: The One Where the Babies Start Arriving!

(875 Posts)
clarabellski Tue 19-Jan-16 09:56:27

OK, OK, so we already had a couple of babies on the last thread, but we're going to struggle to keep up with the number of new arrivals in this one!!!

Stats:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dWmvdD9SkvPQqKn7rpFHazgufmda2FOTMtL093cZFj8/htmlview

clarabellski Tue 19-Jan-16 09:57:30

Hmmm, link to stats above doesn't work. Try this one:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dWmvdD9SkvPQqKn7rpFHazgufmda2FOTMtL093cZFj8/edit#gid=0

HandbagFan Tue 19-Jan-16 12:07:07

Marking my space! This is the thread where the excitement bursts!

goodnightdarthvader1 Tue 19-Jan-16 12:17:56

36+3 here, starting to get very nervous!

Phoenix80 Tue 19-Jan-16 12:23:04

New thread 😀

Phoenix80 Tue 19-Jan-16 12:23:40

Oops sorry put that on wrong thread 😳😳

IslaMann Tue 19-Jan-16 12:38:38

Thanks for new thread!

CS on Fri, starting to panic. Have got a rosacea breakout, and it's been under control for past 8 months thanks to pregnancy hormones. So obv stress related. Going to look awful in new baby pics. Just what I need.

Newlywed123 Tue 19-Jan-16 12:39:45

Atleast I will be able to keep up now grin.

madsaz76 Tue 19-Jan-16 12:46:38

Just checking in - nothing to see here smile

Phoenix80 Tue 19-Jan-16 12:52:21

Ooooh exciting Isla. 2 weeks today for mine 😊.

I still don't think I'm having BH's and its my 3rd baby confused.

Had an hour or so walking round town this morning and my god am I aching now!! Got some hospital bag things and some newborn socks because I realised I haven't bought a single pair! Also bought a Gro light has anyone used one before?

MaisieDotes Tue 19-Jan-16 13:20:43

Hi all. Just back from MW, she said baby is still head down and facing sideways, so fingers crossed for a non-back-to-back labour this time. 38+6 today.

I went at 39+1 and 39+4 with my previous DC.

mad what can you do but try? I'm sure if you felt uncomfortable during the procedure the doctor would stop immediately? PITA though. I hope the baby turns during the ECV if not before.

Hi, darth haven't seen you on the thread before smile

mawsy what's happening missus? If you're still following the thread pop in and let us know how you're getting on!

haquoi123 Tue 19-Jan-16 13:55:00

Thanks for the new thread clara!

darth, hadn't considered that about thrush! I'm still in the mindset of infections getting to up to baby, rather than baby coming down to infections! I've been wondering whether I'm coming down with it, maybe I should up the pad thickness and have some naked time every evening...

Tmi, I've got bleeding from my butt. After initial panic I've looked it up and it's normal at this stage, but a massive pita. Hurry up and come out baby!

Oh isla, that's exciting news!! grin

Mawsymoo Tue 19-Jan-16 14:22:00

I'm still keeping an eye on proceedings here - looks like there'll be some new arrivals before too long! I was due in for my CS today so I'm very happy to be 15 days ahead of myself with the worst behind me! I'm doing great now recovery wise and baba is feeding well - I'll be getting him weighed tomorrow so hopefully he has gained weight. Things have been a little challenging with DS1 as he is a bit jealous and he's also been sick so it's been tough going.

Looking forward to hearing about all the new arrivals now over the next few weeks!

oneconfusedchick Tue 19-Jan-16 14:25:29

Is it ok to join in? I did join a bit in early pregnancy but have gone quiet! I am due 26th Jan but went 13 days over with DC1 so really do think I'll have a Feb baby! No real signs here today at 39 weeks,,, really wanna meet my little one now!! X

oneconfusedchick Tue 19-Jan-16 14:26:34

Does anyone else get occasional stitch like pain in lower bump - I have got it few times - each time I'm like MAYBE THIS IS IT!! it always goes lol - wishful thinking!

joleyn Tue 19-Jan-16 14:28:36

Scary thread title! - feel so disorganised and like a rubbish mumto ds at moment as am really tired and resting on sofa watching TV most of the time :-(

oneconfusedchick Tue 19-Jan-16 14:36:57

Me too! I only have 1.5 days child free when DC1 is in nursery but all I do is laze around - not had the cleaning/nesting bug yet so I don't think baby is on its way quite yet!!

Posey01 Tue 19-Jan-16 14:44:41

oneconfusedchick I had lower bump 'stitch' last week too- it passed after a few days though...but i'm only just 35 weeks...wasn't sure what it was though. Hope it stops for you soon!

Whoknewitcouldbeso Tue 19-Jan-16 14:50:58

I'm back from scan and it went well 😊😊

Measurements back on track, that weird one last week was a mistake it seems. He is back to having long legs againlol. 37 weeks on Thursday and he is measuring 6lb 9, on track for 8lb if I go to 40 weeks.

I am now being scanned weekly to try and keep me calm. Acupuncture started tomorrow and sex at the weekend 😁😁😁. Operation get him out starting Thursday!

MaisieDotes Tue 19-Jan-16 14:52:27

chick I've had that, I thought it was a pulled muscle or something.

I've got BHs non-stop these days, although they are starting to feel more concentrated and low down. I no longer get the tight feeling up around my throat.

Last time the BHs just increased in frequency and intensity over a few days and then sort of segued into labour pains so perhaps the same thing will happen again.

mawsy glad to hear things are going well smile I hope your DS feels happier soon. I think I'm more worried about my DS's reaction than I am about the birth.

I also have DD to worry about but that's a whole other can of worms grin

MaisieDotes Tue 19-Jan-16 14:53:26

That's great whoknew smile
Fantastic news!

monkerina Tue 19-Jan-16 15:01:01

Yay Whoknew! And welcome to returning players smile

I'm not worried about the birth at all- more about the logistics for the few days 18 years that comes after! Am I going to get a nasty surprise?

Newlywed123 Tue 19-Jan-16 15:03:11

whoknew that's fantastic news!

I went on a nice walk this morning with my husband and daughter, we've just been on Just Dance! Now my sister wants to do some Shiatsu on me, as she hasn't done it on a pregnant lady before confused

Mawsymoo Tue 19-Jan-16 15:10:41

maisie he was okay for the first little while but it's like it suddenly hit him over the weekend that the baby is here to stay and he has just gotten so naughty. Every time I hold DS2 he's over trying to climb on my lap and push DS1 out of the way. He's whinging and shouting all the time. He's also ill so I'm trying to keep them apart as much as possible sad.

It'll all come good in the end I'm sure - it'll be great when they're older to have them so close

Mawsymoo Tue 19-Jan-16 15:18:37

Got my DS's mixed up there but you know what I mean!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now