Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

(7 Posts)
Erin19 Thu 14-Jan-16 17:59:26

Hey ladies,

New here so still getting the hang of this forum thing.
First time mummy2b, due 1st of september, but still doesnt feel like its real? Only symptoms I have had is sore boobs. Ocassionally i feel sick, but not actually being sick.
Real anxious about the first scan and they turn ariund and tell me theres nithing there, is that silly?!

cheekstime Thu 14-Jan-16 18:14:56

Hi Erin19 - Not silly at all, it's a relief to go to the first scan, I won't say much about it though and incase it ruins it for you smile.

I had morning sickness like you, almost a constant feeling of nausea, going of food etc. I would wretch sometimes but never actually sick.

I joked with my OH that it might have disappeared somewhere but oh no definately was there. I was quite anxious from a week onwards to scan day, tried best to keep it under wraps. Eating little and often, being aware of when I was anxious and trying to relax. One day apprehensive and excited!

The eating little and often thing really sorted my morning sickness out and provided some food for the little one. Good luck with everything and CONGRATULATIONS!! flowers

cheekstime Thu 14-Jan-16 18:17:08

typo: ON day apprehensive..

HP07 Tue 19-Jan-16 08:48:25

Hi Erin, I am also due in September and it's first time for me too. Its taken us 2 years to fall pregnant. I am also anxious about everything. I have been feeling nauseous quite a lot and also have a horrible cold so that is not helping matters. I am constantly needing to wee as well! We have an early scan booked for 1st Feb as we have been seeing the infertility consultant at the hospital so she has booked it in which is really nice. It's a nerve racking time. Good luck to you. X

Erin19 Tue 19-Jan-16 19:21:53

So, another week in and this morning, I felt like I was going to throw up for a couple hours, but have felt fine the past few days. What is that about, still awaiting our scan date letter coming in, how long do they normally take. and do they take you before your 12 weeks??

Havemt told my mum and dad yet, hardest secret to keep. but planning in telling them this weekend. eeeks.

HP07 Tue 19-Jan-16 21:32:31

We only have an early (7 week) scan because we are already under the dr at the hospital and so she can order it for us. Other than that they will only take you early if there is a reason ie spotting/pain/high risk pregnancy . I have told my mum and older sister but no one else yet. There's no way I could keep it a secret from everyone. I may have to start telline people early as I work in a Veterinary clinic and have to deal with anaesthetics, xrays and lots of manual heavy lifting so will need to take extra precautions. Don't really want to tell my colleagues before my close family but I will have to see how it goes.

sophied1983 Sun 24-Jan-16 21:37:53

I am due Sept too. I had an early reassurance scan on Fri. Doesn't stop you from worrying though. We can support one another through it.

Sx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now