Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2016 (5)

(993 Posts)
gnat99 Sat 09-Jan-16 10:29:41

Right, this is my second attempt to start a new thread for us. Let the chat begin!

allthegoodnamesalreadytaken Sat 09-Jan-16 10:46:02

Thanks for starting this gnat!

allthegoodnamesalreadytaken Sat 09-Jan-16 10:46:18

It's a sad sad day ladies - just discovered my first stretch marks on my boobs  I could feel them growing a lot over the last couple of weeks but thought it would be wayyy to early for stretch marks?! After consulting Dr Google I'm now off to the shops to stock up on coconut oil, Shea butter and almond oil and some bio oil for good measure. Hopefully it's not too late to save my tummy!

Vickie360 Sat 09-Jan-16 10:49:12

Hi marking my place thanks for starting it gnat.

pulpi Sat 09-Jan-16 11:28:39

Found you!

11+4

wantingno2 Sat 09-Jan-16 11:39:28

Good morning everyone
Is anybody else suffering with headaches I seen to waking up with a thumping head everyday and paracetamols just aren't working it's driving me mad I don't remember having such bad headaches last time x

Scase1firsttimemum Sat 09-Jan-16 11:59:25

Wow thread 5!! We are a chatty bunch!!

Unfortunately for me Ive always had stretch marks on my boobs and hips sad but I do have some new red ones and Im starting to get red ones on my hips so think I need to go shopping too! However Im a bit more accepting as theyve been a part of me for as long as I can remember and my partner doesnt seem to care about them and if Ive worn crop tops no ones ever stared or I just dont notice :L

Gx91 Sat 09-Jan-16 12:23:59

Wanting - so weird u said that my heads splitting this morning , we wer meant to b taking DD swimming but I can't face it , paracetomol doesn't work ! sad xx

gnat99 Sat 09-Jan-16 12:28:18

And I've got a headache today too - actually started yesterday and doesn't seem to be going away. Haven't even bothered taking paracetamol this time, doesn't seem to be helping. Must be the hormones.

As for stretch marks, sorry to hear your news allthegood! Like Scase, I've always had some, so am not quite so freaked out at the thought. However, I have been rubbing aloe cream or bio oil on boobs and bump every day for weeks now. No point adding to the ones I already have if it can be avoided!

Glad you have all found the new thread smile

14 + 3

wantingno2 Sat 09-Jan-16 14:48:54

Must be the hormones then can I just say please don't waste your money on bio oil it's such a waste of money I used everyday when I was pregnant with my son and I have the worst stretch marks ever it didn't help one bit after I had him I started using vasoline moisturiser and it made them fade really quickly so I've just continued using that this time bio oil is just a marketing scheme to draw you in its honestly useless x

Pinseyboo38 Sat 09-Jan-16 14:53:05

Melvani and insufficently take good care of yourselves ladies. I've been where you are and you just need to surround yourselves with the people that love you in whatever way suits you. No words can make this time go quicker or make you feel better but sending hugs your way.
Melvani keep an eye on the weakness, lighthead, I ended up severely anaemic with a hb of 6 and needed a blood transfusion. Not to scare you just something to keep in mind xxx
Can't believe we are on thread 5, I wonder how many we will get up too by July xxx

BelOfTheBall79 Sat 09-Jan-16 14:54:41

Hi all, wow, a new thread already!

Haven't been on for a few days as have been working away and v tired. I was sorry to hear about Scrowy Insufficiently and Melvali, can't believe what they must be going through, relatively far through their pregnancies. It sounded like they're being supported IRL though.

I've been getting pretty bad tension headaches too and only doing paras as a last resort. A Dr told me once that stretching out your shoulders is supposed to help. You basically turn your head to the right 45 degrees and look down, and then with your left arm relatively close to your body try to push it down as though there's a heavy weight on the end. This stretches your left shoulder / neck. Obv vice versa if on the other side. Sometimes works for me. Lots of water too.

I'm in mat clothes now, embracing the bump! I've told my bosses at work but not my team, but I think people will be able to guess soon if they haven't already! Not sure how I'll hide it much longer.

Btw has anyone coughed up blood if they've been sick? I did yesterday, it was mainly pretty clear but had a small amount of blood in it. Sorry if tmi. DH seemed to think I should phone the midwife but it wasn't that much, any thoughts? I haven't been sick since then.

Also, when do you start feeling the baby move? I thought I felt some fluttering earlier but possibly just air in there! It's my first DC so all new to me.

Woodsy81 Sat 09-Jan-16 15:30:08

Checking in. smile

allthegoodnamesalreadytaken Sat 09-Jan-16 15:46:05

It's good to know I'm not alone in this club then as some of you lovely ladies already have them. DH has a few stretch marks of his own from weight lifting so hopefully he will be ok with mine as its for a far more righteous cause smile wanting I have heard that about bio oil before - I think I'm just throwing everything at the problem in hopes that one will stick hmm

I've been getting loads of headaches as well but I find it's mostly when I don't sleep very well the night before as I keep getting insomnia. I've found that if I lie in a dark room for half an hour away from all screens etc it tends to go away. Luckily they have "sleep rooms" at work where I can do for lunchtime snoozes.

On another topic I bought some nursery furniture in the Jan sales but now having a bit of a wobble about it. I can still cancel it as its not delivered yet. All the established moms on here help me out - do you think a wardrobe is necessary for a baby? Or do you think a cheer of drawers is just fine? A lot of the nursery sets come with cots, wardrobes and a cheat of drawers/changing unit. I'm wondering if all this is necessary or whether I would be fine with just a cot and chest of drawers. What are your thoughts?

allthegoodnamesalreadytaken Sat 09-Jan-16 15:47:17

(chest of drawers)

crazycatlady39 Sat 09-Jan-16 16:00:43

Hey all, no stretch marks yet but I had them from before when I was bigger. I bought some cocoa butter moisturiser from boots for the bump (I think I just look fat but boyfriend thinks it's definitely a bump). Ravenous this week but have to reign it in as feel my face is looking chubby.

I have been having headaches and try and knock it on the head with just one para. Also terrible trouble sleeping - am knackered in front of the telly by 9-10pm, then wake up at 2-3am and takes ages to get back to sleep. This morning I was awake from 2-6am. Never had it before so no idea what to do. Also cramps, heartburn, tired, bit sicky. Only thing I don't have is constipation, fingers crossed!

allthegoodnamesalreadytaken Sat 09-Jan-16 16:09:28

crazycatlady I've struggled loads with insomnia as well. For the last couple of nights I've been trialling keeping a glass of milk next to the bed. I find that having a sip of this every time I wake up lulls me back to sleep. There's something in it that's helping I think. I've managed to sleep through to 6 AM for the last two nights which basically hasn't happened since BFP.

Cookiesandcoffee Sat 09-Jan-16 16:22:07

Found you all! Marking place smile
No new stretch marks here but plenty from DD1 & 2. Mostly from the first time as I was HUGE. Covered myself in all sorts but I'm sorry to say - if you're gonna get them you're gonna get them!
allthegood I bought a wardrobe first time. (They shared it when 2nd was born) I did like to hang outfits (3rd time round there will be no outfits wink) and used the chest of drawers for babygrows/vests. My advice would be to avoid loads of faffy outfits but even if you don't buy them others will.
Sorry to hear of the headaches. I had so many over Xmas. Water and lying down in a dark room!

gnat99 Sat 09-Jan-16 16:38:49

allthegood, I haven't thought about nursery furniture yet, that will have to wait till we have sorted out other stuff (like a full time job for DH!!), but based my sister's experience, and lots of friends, you can probably do without a wardrobe for the first few years. Especially if it's a boy so you won't have dresses that need hanging. Our spare room is currently full of loaded bookshelves, so that will need addressing before the summer comes!

I got Bio oil on a Groupon offer, and was using it for other stuff. Think I actually bought it for DH. So I will use that till its gone, and then buy good quality shea/cocoa butter, Vit E cream, etc. I do agree with Cookies tho - some people just seem to get stretch marks no matter what they do, and others are just lucky!

Bel, I will have to remember to stretch my neck and shoulders as you say. I am so sick of headaches. Yesterday I went for a nap and woke up with one!

Lucy90 Sat 09-Jan-16 16:57:03

Hello ladies just checking in!
DD is sleeping on me at the moment so I'm glued to Netflix while DP makes me cups of tea!
I think a take away may be on the cards tonight as we're both shattered
14 weeks today!

Vikkijayne2507 Sat 09-Jan-16 17:00:56

oo new thread, im slacking keeping up. i had a headache for over a week which paracetomol wouldnt shift but i found if i ate pretty much constantly it went away.

been ok today but yet again have eaten pretty much every hour, i found i used shea butter cream with ds anything that moisturises i think helps but i used it as i really liked the smell, it didnt stop the stretch marks but even tho they were pretty marked by the time i had him they are very faint now and i keep up the moisturising but honestly i think in all honesty theres not much thats really going to stop them just make them a bit less visable, dont get drawn into worrying about how you look, those first few months after birth you wont give a damn just getting through the day one at a time is the best you can do i think we as women tend to stess ourselves over it all

14 weeks today

Pinseyboo38 Sat 09-Jan-16 17:21:19

Still stressing over my blood results but have my harmony test booked for Monday and then a 10 day wait for the results!!!! Hope I haven't gone completely insane by then.
It's my birthday tomorrow(39😓 lol) so we're having a takeaway tnite and a lazy pj day with roast tomorrow. Hopefully I can relax and try and put things to the back of my mind as I have been a very grumpy and snappy gf lately.
My spare room has my other wardrobe in it so I really am going to have to have a big clear out to make room for little ones things xx

gnat99 Sat 09-Jan-16 17:52:54

Happy birthday for tomorrow Pinseyboo!

Pinseyboo38 Sat 09-Jan-16 17:58:21

Thankyou gnat99 x

Scase1firsttimemum Sat 09-Jan-16 18:31:45

I thought mine was fat but when I look in the mirror its more rounded and doesnt look like a fat persons belly if you know what I mean? My OHs sister is 32 weeks now I think? She has bought bio oil and was using it religiously.. She has got quite bad stretch marks on her hips but not her belly so hasnt helped that much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now