Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2016-with Berries turning into Beans and a whole lotta fun ahead!

(987 Posts)
Flybynight1 Tue 22-Dec-15 11:01:10

2nd thread for the ever increasing August 2016 bumps

Flybynight1 Tue 22-Dec-15 11:07:08

Alfie good luck with your scan tonight! Let us know how it goes-mine is tomorrow night!! confused

BuffaloCustardbath Tue 22-Dec-15 11:15:26

Good luck with scans ladies, I can't wait to hear all about them! What's your EDD Flybynight?

Flybynight1 Tue 22-Dec-15 11:25:31

Buffalo I am August 8th! So scan tomorrow will be 7+2 and I am just hoping to see a little fluttering heart in there...!! My boobs are less sore today which got me worried but the nausea is very much still present so I'm hoping nothing has gone wrong! It's my first and I think the Internet has got me freaked out!! Haha this is your second? how are you finding it compared with previous?

MrsSantaClause Tue 22-Dec-15 12:41:16

Marking my place grin

Dileas29 Tue 22-Dec-15 12:52:21

All the best for your scan will be thinking of you fourforyouglencoco (ps how do you highlight someone's name?)
I have been given a call from GP this morning advising I have virus my daughter has. Explains why I have had no improvment in illness since Saturday. So now taking penicillin eek and have decided to stop taking anti nausea drugs as just feel it's all too much. Really hoping for recovery before Christmas. Hope all other babies and scans go well for the ladies going today. Let's see them!

Christinedonna Tue 22-Dec-15 13:25:31

Oh I wondered where you'd all gone!! My mum text me last night saying "hope you and bump are okay" and I don't think I've ever cringed so much in my life. Does anyone else hate that?

Christinedonna Tue 22-Dec-15 13:26:28

Can't wait to see all the scans today ladies!

Flybynight1 Tue 22-Dec-15 13:32:03

Dileas put a * either side of what you want to make bold smile hope you feel better soon, it sounds rotten!!

Haha Christine that is sweet though smile but if anyone referred to my 'bump' id have to correct them that it's all bloat and constipation!! Hehehe

Christinedonna Tue 22-Dec-15 13:36:22

Haha I wish I could say it's food but I can't stop throwing up and can't manage eating anything

Dileas29 Tue 22-Dec-15 13:56:01

Thanks flybynight1

Testing lol

BuffaloCustardbath Tue 22-Dec-15 15:09:09

Yeah this is my second fly, so far just the same as last time, no real symptoms other than horrid headaches and some aching low in my abdomen - I remember frantically googling the aching last time and going to see the GP about it who said it was normal so I think it's just usual stretching. It's still very early days though, I'm 5+1 today so there's plenty of time for more symptoms haha.
Is it a private scan that you're going for tomorrow? I went for a private scan at 7+2 last time and it was amazing!! grin

Rosa89 Tue 22-Dec-15 16:22:37

Good luck to everyone who has scans, hope they all go well!
And happy birthday baby jw, hope you've had a wonderful day!
Sympathise with you ToElle, I was exactly where you are three days ago. DD seems to finally back to herself but not eating as much as I'd like. I feel exhausted!

LeoLemur Tue 22-Dec-15 17:29:39

Marking my place fsmile

Eminado Tue 22-Dec-15 17:37:00

carnassials Tue 22-Dec-15 17:53:40

I am due on 1 August. I had my 8+1 scan today and thankfully everything was fine, smile big relief as I have had few symptoms. I hope everyone has good news too xx

Christinedonna Tue 22-Dec-15 18:38:45

Oh my god am I seeing that right? It already looks like a baby!

FourForYouGlenCoco Tue 22-Dec-15 18:43:51

Wow carna that's a really good pic!
My scan has been bumped up to tomorrow morning as they've added an extra clinic, still bleeding. Trying not to be hopeful but this really doesn't 'feel' like a MC so who knows what's going on! My intuition is pretty shite generally so I'm not trusting it!
Alfie good luck for your scan! Or if you've already had it, hope it went well! Can't believe we're on to thread 2 already smile

carnassials Tue 22-Dec-15 19:03:57

Thanks! He/she is only 1.68 cm long so the scan is greatly zoomed in. We even saw some movement! I can't believe it after two years trying and IVF. Good luck all xx smile

Isthereeverarightime1 Tue 22-Dec-15 19:11:50

Marking place although I can't seem to keep up sad

Isthereeverarightime1 Tue 22-Dec-15 19:12:48

Congratulations carnnasials fsmile

BuffaloCustardbath Tue 22-Dec-15 19:28:23

carna that is a fantastic scan pic, so pleased to hear all is well and what a special time to have seen your little wriggly baby after waiting so long - wonderful Christmas present!!

M2B816 Tue 22-Dec-15 19:31:10

Sorry if this has been covered before, I know this is very much depends on the area you live in but what is the average time frame midwife will get in touch? Am currently 6+1, only tested once positive. Seemed to have got used to nausea but very tired in the afternoon with minor cramps on the lower abdomen. Feeling very low, no support or re-assurance from any professionals. Very eager to know if all is ok. Went to the doctors last week, passing over my details to midwife is all I've got out of the appointment. Congrats to all!

Isthereeverarightime1 Tue 22-Dec-15 19:39:40

Hi M2 I called my hospital two weeks ago and am still waiting lol, I am 6+2 and if I haven't heard after X mas I will call them again! I could see my midwife at my gp but i can only go there on the days I work (I work part time) so would prefer to go to hospital on my day off! But I gather that when I called at 4 weeks it was very early according to the lady on the phone

Jw35 Tue 22-Dec-15 19:42:48

Ooh new thread! Thanks Fly! Great scan Carna congrats smile hello newbies! Good luck for tomorrow GlenCo I really hope everything is ok.

Had a fantastic day for my now one year old dd! Thanks for all the birthday wishes, can't believe she's going to be a big sister! The last year has flown by. At least I'll know a lot of the early worries now as its so fresh!

Still feeling really sick. It's just the worst!

Someone asked about midwife appointments-they are usually at 8 weeks but some surgeries like you to see a doctor at 6 weeks first. So if you haven't already call the docs and say you need to make a midwife app and see what they say. The midwife then books the 12 week scan for you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now