Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2016 - May the sickness end soon!

(1001 Posts)
Bishboshbash Fri 30-Oct-15 07:53:56

Hello!!
Thought I better start a new thread before the other one is full up.
If anyone wants added to the FB group PM me, can you say what your profile pic is too so I can find you, thanks!
Hope everyone has a good day today, any scans happening?

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Fri 30-Oct-15 08:19:16

I've got my scan 12:50 today smile sickness v bad so no idea how I can drink the fluid beforehand confused

Nicky333 Fri 30-Oct-15 08:25:28

icant, just commenting adds a thread to 'watched' smile

Bish, I'll send you a PM. Can someone confirm if anybody will see that I've joined or if I comment or post please?

Nicky333 Fri 30-Oct-15 08:26:08

Oh and hope all goes well at your scan today!

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Fri 30-Oct-15 08:38:50

Thanks Nicky it's a secret group so no one will see your on it or if you comment etc

Bishboshbash Fri 30-Oct-15 08:41:11

It is a secret group Nicky, no one can see it or search for it.

Southy84 Fri 30-Oct-15 08:56:58

Thanks for the new thread bish I will look at joining the FB thread after ive had my 12 week scan next week.

Good luck with your scan icant I downed a whole pint an hour before my private scan then totally regretted it half an hour later and during the scan when I felt like I was going to wet myself blush I won't be drinking a whole pint again as I think I have a small bladder, even the sonographer commented on how full it was. Maybe try sipping water - but not focusing on the amount you are drinking and I'm sure it will be fine, hard I know when you feel so ill. I think my letter said "moderately full bladder" so just try what you can smile

frozensmoothie Fri 30-Oct-15 10:22:04

Good luck with the scan Icant I was told I didn't need a full bladder for the private and NHS ones so I wouldn't worry about drinking too much.

I will try and join the FB group soon. Had a terrible night of insomnia last night and only got a few hours sleep but surprisingly not feeling so bad today. I wondering if I'm finally turning a corner into feeling a bit better.

My screening results came through last night. I'm low risk for Downs Syndrome which is a relief, although it said 1 in 854 chance which sounded quite high to me!

PeasinPod1 Fri 30-Oct-15 10:23:07

Hi all, hope you are all ok! Thanks for starting this bishbash.

Another good 12 week scan here, was such a relief and amazing how much bean has grown in a few weeks, constantly moving too.
They saw my placenta is low and partially covering cervix- hence why I bled and she advised I don't lift anything heavy (though Ds is 2 stone!) and take it easy. Think my sessions at the gym are over for the time being! Hope everyone is ok.

ToffeeAppleMarsBar Fri 30-Oct-15 11:22:18

Hi all! Oooh a new thread. Blimey, that's gone quick.

I haven't had chance to catch up on the old thread so hopefully I haven't missed much but yay for good scan news Peas!

I've had a pretty rough couple of days. Starting getting a migraine at work on Wednesday so just upped and left. Had to ask my Dad to come and pick me up as didn't want to risk driving as obviously my vision as all 'swirly' and horrible. Got home just in time to chuck my guts up (WORST SICKNESS YET!) and bundle myself into bed in a dark room. Was still feeling rough Thursday morning and I knew I had the midwife visit at home in the afternoon so didn't go back into work Thursday morning.

Booking in appointment was interesting... My midwife seemed a bit scatty - she was lovely, but not sure I trust her yet? Does that make sense? She did the CO screening and the machine started beeping - indicating my CO levels were high. She seemed a bit bemused by this as she said she'd seen women have higher levels and it not beep but suggested I get a Carbon Monoxide detector anyway. Great. Ordered one on Amazon last night for next day delivery so that should be here today.

THEN, she gave me some blood forms and told me I needed to go to the antenatal clinic to have my bloods done before my scan. 'When is your scan?' she asked. 'Monday.' I said. 'Ah. Well, you'll definitely have to go tomorrow then.'

Great. Good job my employers are fairly flexible! Spent the morning in the clinic this morning and only got to work at 11am this morning. And then will be having Monday morning off for the scan. I've spent more time being 'medical' this week than I have at work!

Anyway... She was fairly reassuring about most things. I asked her if it was a problem that I'd lost weight and she said that was fine (I've lost over half a stone since finding out I'm pregnant?! Was definitely expecting the scales to be going the other way!). Just hope all my bloods come back normal. Fingers crossed.

Right, off to PM Bish and find the FB group!

Southy84 Fri 30-Oct-15 11:25:28

frozen that's good news on your results, I don't know much about what is classed as low/high but I'm sure the hospital would be in contact if they were concerned x

That's good news on your scan too peas ive read a few people on different threads who have had low placentas, make sure you take it easy and hopefully it will move. Did they say they will offer more scans for you?

Southy84 Fri 30-Oct-15 11:29:33

Sorry toffee cross posts, sorry you've had a rough week, that's really nice you have good supportive employers though smile and good you got your bloods in before scan, sounds like a hectic couple of days for you!

I'm still feeling so sick, it's got worse the last couple of days, it's the worst it's been so far. I just feel like crying. Still no being sick but I can't get rid of the nausea at all, nothing is helping.

PeasinPod1 Fri 30-Oct-15 11:35:57

Thanks all and South you poor poor thing...but it WILL get better in 2nd trimester, try and keep focused on that. Not much help at all sorry sad

PeasinPod1 Fri 30-Oct-15 11:39:41

south yes I'm having extra scan at 16 weeks but this is due to another condition arrgh! I had a lletz procedure to remove cells 5 years ago so they need to monitor me, but with DS after this extra scan all looked fine and was "let go" so hoping the case this time too.

Just read if my placenta stays low till 3rd trimester Id have a c-section which would make me really unhappy... so hoping it all clears up by then.

ToffeeAppleMarsBar Fri 30-Oct-15 11:46:56

Oh no Southy, that does sound rough. In a way, I almost wish you were sick as that might relieve the nausea at least for a little bit. I imagine you've tried lots of different things to try and get rid of it? Eating/not eating/drinking lots of water/rest/feet up. It WILL get better. Hopefully. And hopefully sometime soon.

And it is absolutely your right to cry if you want to!

I almost cried at the clinic this morning because the girl sat next to me having her antenatal bloods done was 16. And I know lots of people happily have babies at 16 and do really well but I just couldn't stop myself welling up thinking that there's no way I could have coped with a baby at 16.

Southy84 Fri 30-Oct-15 11:58:09

Thank you peas that's good you are being looked after already and they will have you in for a 16 week scan, I'm not sure how common it is to have low lying placenta, but I have everything crossed that it moves for you soon.

Thank you toffee I just don't understand why it's getting worse as I'm so close to 12 weeks now sad don't get me wrong it's nice to have these symptoms for reassurance, it's just getting me down a bit. The thought of any food/drink makes me feel sick, I need to make a concentrated effort to drink more though as ive been quite bad the last couple of days. I would never have coped at 16 either, I can't even imagine having a baby when I was that young- I do know people who had children young and have amazing families but I just can't imagine it either.

frozensmoothie Fri 30-Oct-15 12:19:18

Glad your scan went well Peas

Sorry you've had a rough few days Toffee but good that you've got a flexible employer!

Sorry to hear you're feeling rough Southy make sure you rest, stay hydrated and try to eat something plain if you can. My nausea was horrible too and felt like a constant hangover. I don't want to speak too soon but I think I may have turned a corner in the past few days and it's definitely lessened. I could finally clean my teeth without gagging last night for the first time in a long time. I'm sure it won't be long until you feel brighter too but I know it feels relentless at this stage. Apparently you sometimes get a surge of hormones before things start to drop off and you feel better, which may explain why we suddenly felt much worse at 12/13 weeks.

hotchocmarshmallow Fri 30-Oct-15 13:21:40

Hi! Can I join in please? I'm 10 weeks with second dc so due at the end of May. I have a DD who has just turned 2 who is currently running me ragged by waking lots in the night still. Like last time, I've had pretty bad ms- nausea 24/7 and throwing up once or twice a day. The only thing that helps is to constantly eat even though it's the last thing I feel like doing. Last time I was sick the whole way through but I did at least feel better after about week 16. I think weeks 12-13 were the worst so I'm bracing myself! I already look about 4 months gone which I'm hoping is normal second time around blush

Greyhorses Fri 30-Oct-15 14:24:31

Southy (and everyone else who is sick!) i hope you are feeling okay. I have had horrific nausea from around week 7 or 8 and I am so fed up of it now. I was put on promethazine which made me feel a tiny bit better so maybe you could speak to your gp and see if they suggest anything?

Im 12 weeks and still really suffering so your not alone, it's ruined my pregnancy so far as I have felt so awful for so long. I feel disgusting as all I can eat is white stodgy foods and I am unable to excersise as I am so exhausted and sick so my body is not looking it's best either...I'm sure I have piled loads of weight on and I can't wait for it to be over. blush

ODog Fri 30-Oct-15 16:14:23

Marking my place. Bit of a hectic day here. It's DHs birthday and we took DS to the farm which was great even though the weather wasn't amazing.

Congrats on those with good scan results and sorry to those still feeling rough.

Welcome hotchoc!

Southy84 Fri 30-Oct-15 16:27:21

That's really good you've turned a corner with your sickness frozen I hope I do too by next week/week after.

Welcome hotchoc and congratulations, I don't know how you coped with a young dd and being pregnant, I don't think I would.

Thanks grey I just want to eat crisps, dh said to me today I had a bigger lunch than him blush but some days I try to combat it by trying to eat more ...

Happy birthday to your dh odog sounds like youre having a nice day, it's a bit gloomy where I am, at least the rains stopped for now

GizzyBoo Fri 30-Oct-15 17:56:17

Just checking in so I don't lose you.

Jealous of the 12 week scans. Mines not for another 2 weeks when I'll be 13+3. Seems ages away!

Feeling very round already. I've had to retire my size 12's and even my size 14's are feeling uncomfortable when I sit down. I'm so not ready to give in to maternity clothes!

TiffanyAtBreakfast Fri 30-Oct-15 18:36:51

Hi all, haven't checked in in ages. Sorry to hear everyone is feeling so nauseous! More than anything else I'm finding smells unbearable. Even things I liked before (belvita breakfast bars are a prime example) - I feel sick just at the thought of!

Finally got my scan date through today - 12th November, I'll be 12+2. So excited! Felt a bit sad though as I rang my mum to tell her, saying excitedly "pop it in your calendar!" and she said, "why would I put your scan in my calendar?" sad meh. DH's mum was ecstatic though so that's something.

I didn't realise you had to go to scans with a full bladder! DH is at football for an hour, maybe I should be reading all the bumph my midwife gave me!

MollieRos Fri 30-Oct-15 19:05:00

New thread! I was wondering why the old one wasn't moving on...!

Lovely to hear lots of positive scan news. Southy my scan letter tells me I'm supposed to drink 2 pints of water an hour before the appt. There's no way!! My bladder is about the size of a thimble these days, I'll never manage that much liquid for so long! When I went for my early scan I had about a pint half an hour before and the sonographer said my bladder was lovely and full so I reckon that'll do me!

Toffee at least your midwife is lovely I suppose, even if she does seem scatty! Mine is similar, though she did say she's only just moved to this team, so I think she was still learning how everything works locally. I reckon being lovely is important anyway (though perhaps ask me again when I'm tearing my hair out at my disorganised midwife!)

Welcome hotchoc, fingers crossed that your sickness isn't as bad this time!

Tiffany sorry your mum wasn't more enthusiastic, but good that your MIL is so keen, so you can share your excitement with her.

Southy84 Fri 30-Oct-15 23:13:42

Feeling the trouser pain gizzy I have to walk round with mine undone as none of them fit anymore apart from one pair sad

Hi tiff yay for the scan date! Sorry your mum wasn't very enthusiastic, I'm sure she will love seeing your scan pic of your little bean though smile

mollie 2PINTS shock shock are they having a laugh!? Totally think half a pint would be fine for my very small bladder too!

This thread is not accepting new messages.