Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Jan 16 #9 halfway point - time to watch our bumps grow 

(457 Posts)
moonshine25 Sun 23-Aug-15 13:13:15

New thread - wouldn't let me write on the last one smile

melonface Sun 23-Aug-15 13:14:59

smile

moonshine25 Sun 23-Aug-15 13:16:45

Third time lucky with this post!! Had a crazy busy weekend and on our way back up home now - queue 8 hour journey!

Really sorry some of you are feeling so down, I can't believe how much are hormones are affected! Hope the sun is shining where you are. I had a tear tantrum last night, felt about 12 years old - poor dh had to cuddle me till I stopped crying!

Definitely up for FB group too - frozen can you pm me the group and I'll find it. Thanks so much for sorting!

What is everyone's plans for today?

lilyb84 Sun 23-Aug-15 13:32:08

Thanks moonshine, I didn't realise I'd filled up the last thread blush

Here are the stats so they're near the beginning of the thread. Instructions for finding the FB group are at the bottom:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12-46WHExOXbKsKon2nKyEth9RRyKw9paIw4V4SGTFE8/htmlview?pli=1

lilyb84 Sun 23-Aug-15 13:34:43

Not sure how I feel about FB, I haven't used it for a couple of years and left because I really hated it (it brought out all my worst traits - jealousy, stalking... grin) so I'll see how it goes but it would be nice to keep these threads going to for those of us not on / wanting to use FB!

We had a bit of a shock yesterday. Found out my mum's ex-parter of many years, who was also her first boyfriend when they were teenagers, died on holiday after being swept away by a freak wave. I don't really know how to comfort my poor mum, and feel so sorry for his children who are only in their early 20s sad Off-topic I know, and sorry, but I think I'm still trying to process the news.

FizzyPinkWine Sun 23-Aug-15 13:52:08

Lily, how sad.

I have joined the fb group, it's good to put faces to names!
I'll still be on here though lily, so if you don't want to join this group will continue!

MissSMartin Sun 23-Aug-15 13:52:10

Oh god thought I lost you all haha
lily me too that's why I got rid in the first place. . I must admit I was alot younger then but I was super jealous and it just caused me and dp loads of arguments
I have made an account and it's private it I don't know what to do now .. I feel like everyone will go there now and I'll miss everything!

melonface Sun 23-Aug-15 13:52:44

Can anyone update my stats for me? I'm 28, This is DC 1, 1 MC, having a girl. Thanks!

MissSMartin Sun 23-Aug-15 13:53:17

Aww that's sad news! lily sad

moonshine25 Sun 23-Aug-15 14:03:10

Oh lily what awful news - especially out of the blue like that!

Melon I think I've just updated you? Fingers crossed!

Went shopping today and found a nice maternity dress from H&M - not much of a selection but in glad I found this dress - for a wedding to go to in 3 weeks time!

lilyb84 Sun 23-Aug-15 14:04:04

Thanks guys. fizzy and miss I'm on the FB group just not sure which I'll end up preferring between this and that! miss my profile is super secret so only you MN ladies will be aware of me being on there but I have to say it's tempting to rejoin for real, especially since so many of my now very distant old friends are also expecting their first DCs (and two years off FB have proved that no one keeps in touch with me via any other channel...).

coffeenut Sun 23-Aug-15 14:06:14

I'm not into the FB thing at all (I have an account but only to keep in contact with family and close friends), definitely won't be joining the fb group, sorry ladies. I wouldn't be sharing tmi details on fb, as it's not as anonymous as mn. Really hope this thread doesn't die!

Have had a busy weekend, must catch up on the last thread and will post properly later!

Very sad news though lily sad

Whoever mentioned joey I think she went on work trip/hols (??) a week or so ago which is prob why she hasn't been around. I remember because she sounded like a jetsetter & I thought she must have had a glamorous job grin

lilyb84 Sun 23-Aug-15 14:18:55

moonshine I just clocked your 8 hour journey - ouch!! I've found some nice clothes in H&M maternity actually, which is surprising given that their regular clothes don't tend to fit or suit me. They're also one of the only shops locally with a range instore so I can actually try things on, hooray!

coffee fair enough and I think there'll be enough of us here to keep the thread going. I'm already having panics over sharing my face let alone any other details!!

As for people who've not posted for a while, wht about fourlegs? She had a worry over her Harmony results I think but haven't seen her on here for a while. Hope you're okay if you're still reading.

Blackandwhitecat3 Sun 23-Aug-15 14:30:20

I bought some clothes on ASOS last night - it's a good sale. Got a real bargain on a coat, hope it fits.

Oh hello nausea, haven't seen you for a while, why are you hanging around again? confused

Chip86 Sun 23-Aug-15 14:40:23

Lily sorry to hear about sad news
frozen I have pm you on FB
Thank you moon for the new thread

moonshine25 Sun 23-Aug-15 14:45:08

Not sure what the symbol at the end of the thread name is so sorry!

Think I've added frozen on FB - hope I added the right person!!

Lily the journey does suck but we have lots of snacks and I've already and a nap - oops!

Ooh I got my first pregnant comment from someone I've not seen for a while today - bump mist be looking like baby and not flab! Yippee!

18+6

moonshine25 Sun 23-Aug-15 14:46:17

Ps will definitely keep track of both FB and MN so don't worry those of you who don't have FB smile

MaybeMrsMum2016 Sun 23-Aug-15 14:50:53

B&W the ASOS clothes I bought online a few weeks ago are quite good. I'm impressed with the quality of the maternity jeans, but don't think I'm bumpy enough to make the vest tops look good yet!

Very sad news lily

MaybeMrsMum2016 Sun 23-Aug-15 14:55:14

Moonshine I'm 19+5 and in 2 different shops yesterday (one of which was Babies R Us in fact) didn't notice. The Babies R Us lady had to ask me and another woman commented on what I'd bought in the previous shop (a changing mat). I feel even flatter in the stomach today so starting to wonder if I'll ever have a proper bump!

melonface Sun 23-Aug-15 15:13:00

Thank you moonshine I hope we can keep this thread going too, I'll be posting here for the TMI stuff and FB for the more vanilla stuff!

has anyone bought any nice maternity dresses yet? I've got a wedding in 8 weeks and Google is not coming up with much that isn't frumpy. seraphine stuff is my favourite but quite pricey

moonshine25 Sun 23-Aug-15 15:31:14

I'm sure we can post on both! I like a good MN search as well for other topics so defo won't be coming off here!

Melon I found a nice one in H+m but it was slim pickings!

ValancyJane Sun 23-Aug-15 15:47:11

melon I'm off to a wedding next weekend and then one in September and got a really pretty dress from New Look (I really like their maternity stuff), it's not on their website anymore, out of stock maybe, but this blog has a picture of it. It looks quite smart with heels and a little cardigan. I was eyeing up some of the Seraphine smart dresses, but couldn't really justify the money on a dress I'd wear twice!

lily That is so sad, sorry to hear that.

We picked up our baby monitor today, I really wanted one of the Angelcare ones and it was on sale on Amazon the other week so Mum bought it. Yay, it's our first 'big' thing for the baby smile

Juniper404 Sun 23-Aug-15 16:22:00

Melon have you looked at JoJo Maman Bebe? They also have 'summery' type stuff in their 'outlet' section.

I've whittled my dress choice down to four. Two weeks to decide!

MissSMartin Sun 23-Aug-15 16:53:00

can anyone tell me how I can get into this group on fb? lol smile

CubanoHabana Sun 23-Aug-15 17:05:37

frozen added you

missgo on stats page at stay of thread and it says at the bottom.

Can we have a spreadsheet on fb group with rl name and mn name so wet know who is who at first?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now