Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Christmas and New Year's Babies - thread 2 (20w scans right around the corner)

(862 Posts)
Gillster Sat 08-Aug-15 17:28:45

Enjoy the new thread ladies. Have put a link to the spreadsheet here so always easy to find. (Sorry can't get the linking to work automatically).

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OSdzg17qg9VY0CYhoGvKuTrF-GLnHCTFqc7NPUfAYVc/pubhtml

For all newbies, this is a thread for ladies expecting a baby around Christmas or New Year, feel free to join in.

Gillster Sat 08-Aug-15 17:29:32

It turns out the linking does work - FFS!

Ahemily Sat 08-Aug-15 18:39:24

Thanks Gillster x

Queazy Sat 08-Aug-15 19:41:50

Thank you smile

NoArmaniNoPunani Sat 08-Aug-15 20:45:55

Which of us is first with our 20week scan? Mine is Wednesday.

SweepTheHalls Sat 08-Aug-15 20:52:03

Hello there! Mine isn't until the end of Aug, more like a 22 week scan!

Queazy Sat 08-Aug-15 20:58:40

Mine is Tuesday. I'm getting a bit nervous now.

CuppaSarah Sun 09-Aug-15 07:45:36

Thank you Gills ter! You are so organised. My 20 week scan is on Thursday at 15.15. Have booked the day off work don't know how I'll wait the whole day to get there. I think I'll finally be able to truly relax and accept I'm pregnant after this scan.

Also the hunger is kicking in so bad and bump has exploded outwards. I finally and obviously preggers in my work stuff. One of the super young apprentices is expecting and terrified. I love hearing about it all from his prospective.

Tangoandcreditcards Sun 09-Aug-15 07:56:17

Ooh thanks Gilster. My 20w scan is not until NEXT Tues (21w) - I'm impatient (might start some shopping after the scan, even though I don't need anything and not finding out the sex - just "little bits" grin )

Snap cuppa - I suddenly went from 'large' to pregnant this week. Properly bumpy now. Have also turned a corner on the exhaustion, feel almost normal sometimes - though the odd bit of heartburn is starting to creep in (was living on Rennie last time by the end). SPD is here to stay now, so I've finally got the energy to go for a stroll, but have to deal with the consequences (frozen peas in my pants all evening).

Scans this week is exciting! Hope everyone is having a fine weekend.

MazyCrummy Sun 09-Aug-15 08:03:29

Friday is scan day for us. Disappointingly, despite working from home nearly every Friday, I've got to go in for a meeting immediately after my scan.

I've had a bump for a while but was in London on Wednesday and people were giving me seats on the tube. I'm sure that must make me Officially Pregnant grin

Queazy Sun 09-Aug-15 08:14:23

I'm looking pregnant too now - sadly pregnant and also fat as I've been chowing down on so much cake recently too.

My SPD has kicked in now Tango. I read your post and noted frozen peas ...good plan grin The midwife gave me a bandage to wear last time which was useless and not v practical during the heatwave we had in my last trimester!

Hez2386 Sun 09-Aug-15 08:31:14

My 20wk scan is tomorrow afternoon! So excited. smile Hopefully find out if we are team pink or blue x

Tangoandcreditcards Sun 09-Aug-15 08:45:48

queazy last time around I had a special packet just for putting in my pants. I wrote "pant peas" on them in marker so they didn't get eaten by mistake! I had a giant tubigrip from the physio last time which did nothing, I've got a support belt this time which is arguably more uncomfortable than the SPD. I can't really moan though as long as I don't overdo it or lie on my side too much it's not TOO bad. My SIL nearly dislocated her pelvis in late pregnancy and ended up in hospital on morphine so have to confine whining to on here!

Cake is good, but sweets are my real issue, trying to cut down so I still gave some teeth left when the baby comes.

Gillster Sun 09-Aug-15 09:32:48

"Pant peas" - chortle!

Can someone explain what SPD feels like? My hips have started to ache a bit but not too bad at the moment. Find it worse if I've been sitting at my desk too long so think I'll have to start moving around a bit more. Also getting a little bit if heart burn in the evenings. Exciting that the 20w scans are about to start! grin

Tangoandcreditcards Sun 09-Aug-15 09:56:57

Ah gilster - you'll have to excuse me getting a bit graphic. But have you ever walked fanny-first into a sharp-cornered, heavy piece of furniture? Because that's what it feels like (to me, anyway, I think SPD/PGP covers a multitude of aches and pains brought on by a loosened pelvis). Worst is when I lie on my side and I can feel the bones rubbing together - quickly eased by a cushion between my legs to prop them apart. A birthing/Pilates ball to sit on at home in front of the telly really helps.

Physio said to avoid anything too repetitive on your hips (walking, swimming, cycling, even driving) OR sitting still for too long in one place so it's conceivable your office chair could give you probs.

Queazy Sun 09-Aug-15 10:01:12

My SPD pain is inside of thighs (groin area) and it aches and feels very uncomfortable after walking. I find it hard to describe but I guess like I've pulled something. I'm lucky I don't have hip pain too, so not sure if that is related.

As Tango says, some people need high levels of pain relief, crutches etc as it can be incredibly painful - I'm only whinging on here too, as its mild, and I need to save any potential whinges for when I find it painful to walk which kicked in about 28 weeks last time. It went straight after birth last time tho which was great.

CuppaSarah Sun 09-Aug-15 12:52:51

Spd sounds awful. I have a backache that's creepingly getting worse. Like the Base of back where my hips meet my spine. Sometimes it huts so bad I can't sit up. Gonna get a gym ball soon I think. If I don't slouch I'm OK mostly. My job is almost excuesivley driving now I'm not sure if that's helping or making it worse. Pant peas sound fab!

Dd also decided today is the day she stops wearing nappies so far 1 wee on the floor, one in the potty, one half on the floor half potty and one tantrum leaving a wee on the sofa! At least its not me weeing everywhere. So a mixed day, on the bodily fluids front

horseylady Sun 09-Aug-15 15:08:17

My scan also at 21 weeks and a week friday. Hoping everything ok. Baby kicking me like mad constantly!! Also have small bump.

Going away tomorrow and have a really nasty cough sad

Post holiday we'll be joining you in the potty training cup

HopeItComesLate Sun 09-Aug-15 15:25:54

Scan tomorrow, very excited staying team yellow though. Also I had an offer on my house accepted so a lot less stressed which seems to have lessened the morning sickness found out yesterday but didn't feel right saying anything after all oh holy went through bless her x

NoArmaniNoPunani Sun 09-Aug-15 15:29:14

I still haven't felt any movement sad has anyone else not felt anything yet?

Queazy Sun 09-Aug-15 17:14:42

Hope that is really exciting and congrats smile

feeling v sad for Holy, what an awful time for her.

I have felt movement Armani but my 2nd and only for a couple of weeks now. I think some people don't feel movement for a while longer, especially if 1st.

SweepTheHalls Sun 09-Aug-15 18:00:34

I occasionally feel it, but nothing consistent yet NoArmani.

Fugghetaboutit Sun 09-Aug-15 18:09:56

Can I join you gals?

Having my second dc, EDD 3rd Jan. My ds was a Christmas Day baby so hoping for a New Years one this time! grin

20 week scan on 18th, can't wait. Lots of kicks since about 15 weeks but I know it's normal to feel more with second, plus my bump is v big.

NoArmaniNoPunani Sun 09-Aug-15 20:14:55

Welcome Fugg smile

Ahemily Sun 09-Aug-15 20:38:34

Hello all and welcome fugg smile

Have had a busy weekend and finding myself increasingly tired again - I thought this was supposed to be the part where we have loads of energy?! The heat has done me in today.

Feeling so upset for ohholy and what she's been through. Sometimes life is so unfair.

Hoping everyone has had a nice weekend and enjoyed the weather. Sneakily had my scan early as my 20 week scan was booked 6 weeks late and I'm impatient. Getting excited for everyone else's scans!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now