Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feb babies :-D

(5 Posts)
Snowsquirrel Wed 24-Jun-15 18:57:41

Hi!

I'm a newcomer! Found out last week I was preggers, and just been to the GP today, and they said I'm 6 weeks gone, but I think it's only 4 (pretty sure I know that we conceived 2.5 weeks ago. Still trying to get my head around it all! How are you all doing? I hope everyone's going ok! It's my first pregnancy so any tips (or warnings!) would be very welcome!

Thanks!

cdwales Thu 25-Jun-15 11:22:57

Welcome! I picked up on your message because I too knew when I had conceived! In fact I never had a pregnancy test. We are all different and each pregnancy tends to be different too - that is why MN is so good as people share the variety of their experiences - unlike GPs and HVs who feel the need to KISS. Ours were planned and my brain told me what it wanted from the start - on implantation I woke up to a foul smell and it was the coffee my DH had brewed! Unrecognisable. My brain also told me to drink a lot of water and sleep a lot. I just obeyed as I had the impression that pregnancy was the only time when my brain was not my servant but had a more important job to do. So go with it and enjoy - it is only 9 months! It must be difficult for those who do not want to be pregnant but that is not something I can comment on.
Oh and if you are not already doing so remember to take Folic Acid smile and if you need to take iron avoid the ghastly Pregaday tablets they prescribe (constipation) and use Spatone sachets in a bit of orange juice...
All the best!

Sarah563 Thu 02-Jul-15 11:34:05

Hiya. I'm also due to have a feb baby and my first time too. I'm now 6+6 grin and feeling awful with morning sickness. Have you had any??

madsaz76 Sun 05-Jul-15 18:40:00

First timer here - aged 38 & just at the point we were going to go and see the GP for tests....

I'm 8 +3 - we found out on holiday in Japan which was weird. I went straight off alcohol and did struggle a bit with smells - but since we were travelling managed to convince my 2 adult nephews travelling with us I was just squeamish.

I haven't puked once but have horrible waves of dry retching. Ginger biscuits work but it turns out I can't bear ginger drinks, peppermint, the smell of any alcohol, and have the sense of smell of a superhero. Have lurked on here for 2 weeks without having the guts to post, and reckon I wont be much good at joining in smile

However wanted to say hello - I may get more relaxed after a scan has proved it is all real and going ok. Good luck ladies smile

Sarah563 Mon 06-Jul-15 20:16:07

Madsaz I feel exactly the same cannot wait for my scan so I know that it is real. Can't wait to see how diddy it isgrin
My nausea seems to be tailing off, as long as I don't let myself get hungry. The pregnacare vitamins make me feel a bit queezy and bunged up!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now