Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2016 babies - the chundering continues

(1000 Posts)
twinsandapenguin Tue 16-Jun-15 17:04:30

The thread has filled up!

twinsandapenguin Tue 16-Jun-15 17:04:56

Jump on the new thread ladies!

twinsandapenguin Tue 16-Jun-15 17:06:07

I was just about to say, does anyone know how to make a secret FB group? If not I will try and work out how. If you would like to be invited just PM me your email address (the one you use for FB) smile

Zeriously Tue 16-Jun-15 17:08:03

twinsandapenguin I haven't read the hundreds of previous messages in the previous thread, but have you got a 13 mo? Oh my god, do we know each other in the slightly more RL world that is FB? smile xx

Zeriously Tue 16-Jun-15 17:08:51

And I'm all for a Secret FB group, I find it a lot easier to navigate...

Lilymog Tue 16-Jun-15 17:26:23

Feeling a little better now, thank you all. I think the Pregnacare is not sitting well with me. I've had a dreadfully upset / explosive tummy every day just like IBS, so it's not constipation Purdie.

But now feel normal. which I don't like at all.
I had a MMC at Christmas so can't get my head off of that. I have terribly depressive moments sometimes. I just wish that I could be level headed about it - but...............................

Thing is I know that a scan would only give me an idea of what is going on at that particular moment, and I know that today I am pregnant (this has become my blooming mantra!)

And I know that we just have to let mother nature take it's course. But I'd really like to know whether mother flaming nature is going to have me in a bloody mess on my bathroom floor again anytime soon.

This will be my first baby - I'm 43 so the odds are stacked. Does anyone have a time machine that will get me through the next few weeks.

It really does help to have you all here in the ether - either going through the same thing or puking up at will.

Keep going ladies and sticky bean vibes for all of us xx

IslaMann Tue 16-Jun-15 17:26:40

I'm in for a FB group too. I'll PM you twins

Bluenewbie Tue 16-Jun-15 17:26:42

hehehe very private FB group- just email your email address :P

in case I won't hear from you any more ladies : Best wishes for you and your sticky beans! flowers

IslaMann Tue 16-Jun-15 17:30:06

Lily I'm 43 too, well for a couple more weeks anyway. It's not my first but with a 19.5 year age gap between my DS and this baby, it jolly well feels like it is!

IslaMann Tue 16-Jun-15 17:31:09

Blue I'm sure we'll pop in here too, the more support the better as far am I'm concerned!

Zeriously Tue 16-Jun-15 17:33:14

Well it's secret in that other people on your FB won't see your activity there Bluenewbie, as soon as you join the other people in the group see your profile so off course you have to be happy with that smile
I remember finding it a bit odd at first to be posting under my real name, but I quickly got used to it. I can't tell you all the TMI stuff we've shared as well, ha ha!

Xx

Mawsymoo Tue 16-Jun-15 17:37:51

I'm not on Facebook either so I'll be sticking around here for the time being.

Welcome to everyone new. This is such a busy thread!

I'm having very strange pains and cramps and pulling sensations today - hopefully it's nothing to worry about. Otherwise I'm fairly okay except for the tiredness which is all-consuming sad

jellypi3 Tue 16-Jun-15 17:58:31

I won't join a FB group until a lot later in the pregnancy so I'll stay here for now.

elephantfeet Tue 16-Jun-15 18:19:22

I will be here for the foreseeable as well smile

Raaaaaah Tue 16-Jun-15 18:23:31

Not on facebook either.

All the medical excuses are out of use as One of the friends is a nursing friend, so she will be right on it. I think it is going to be a case of covert drink disposal. It's not that I am anti people knowing but that if something went wrong, I would rather that happen privately. Not one for big outpourings of emotions smile.

firsttimenewbie Tue 16-Jun-15 18:28:44

FB thread sounds great!
My boss jut announced he is leaving and is taking the whole team out for shots and prosecco next week. Really don't know how I am going to get away with that one. Have already used the 'I'm trying to cut back' excuse at a previous work drinks. And will have to use the headache excuse on Thursday as away with work overnight. Really don't want everyone to know but how do you fake shots??

Ohjellybelly Tue 16-Jun-15 18:33:24

Can I join you all?
I had a BFP about a week ago, 5 days prior to period being due.
I'm 36 and this is preg #9 and hopefully dc #5.
Due date is 21/02/16 by the calculator which is lovely as it's both my deceased nan and granddads birthday.
I am unable to tell anyone in real life just yet, so am looking forward to discussing all thing pregnancy and baby with you folks.

Bluenewbie Tue 16-Jun-15 18:35:52

I hope you will be ok Lily and Mawsy , sending you good wishes flowers

I'm glad that most familiar names to me are sticking here smile
I feel like we know each other a bit already wine ;)

Betty5714 Tue 16-Jun-15 18:36:35

I'm stickng with MN. Hardly use FB and prefer the anonymity of MN, particuarly for these early days. smile

jellypi3 Tue 16-Jun-15 18:38:04

im happier on mn anyway, I can make it look like an important Website when I'm procrastinating in work instead of FB which everyone knows the look of shock

MayoforSam Tue 16-Jun-15 18:38:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

peggysue82 Tue 16-Jun-15 18:39:25

Ah I see now about the early scans. Don't think we will be paying for one anytime soon as we really need to get saving every penny otherwise I will have to go back to work a lot sooner than I'd like after baby arrives.

Im happy to join a Facebook group...still belong to one from DS2 which was 3 1/2 years ago now, although we don't post in there much nowadays, just the occasional update.

peggysue82 Tue 16-Jun-15 18:42:49

Have PM'd you my emails Twins smile

raviolig Tue 16-Jun-15 18:44:54

Mumof1sofar my dd wasn't bothered at all. When I weaned her she had a feed before bed then we went cold turkey. She asked a few times the next day, then less the day after, then nothing again. When I fed ds she didn't comment on it at all. I was surprised.

StockingFullOfCoal Tue 16-Jun-15 18:54:07

I quit FB recently so a no here, for now at least. I like the total anonymity of MN.

This thread is not accepting new messages.