Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

JS viroids are here in their 28th outing complete with exploding belly buttons. There's royal foofs and jiffy bag gifts, but most certainly NOT x-rated colouring books at the VAGINA party HQ!

(836 Posts)
ChatEnOeuf Sat 16-May-15 16:24:39

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the 28th grads thread... celebrating the success of Just Shagging in getting us viroids upduffed!

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The thread we have graduated from is here in its 46th outing. WARNING: they're all a bit kerazy not to mention randy!

There is also a Just Mumming thread in postnatal clubs here for once your babies come along, or to keep up with the graduated graduates!

There is also a private facebook group (so it doesn't give the game away in your news feed!)... if you want to join to see photos of new babies etc, just ask in-thread!

Here is the stats list, please update your own spot with any updates: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oLJqpadAb2givKYq8OJfGCti3s6xzsTGlI-GoaBfM_M/edit?pli=1#gid=0

gaggiagirl Sat 16-May-15 16:35:01

Great title chat!

Lookingforadvice123 Sat 16-May-15 17:08:14

Ooh new thread!

Weeks: 6+5
Due date: 4th Jan
No scan dates yet!
Dc#1
Sex prediction: 100% convinced it's a boy, undecided on finding out

LaLaLaaaa Sat 16-May-15 17:17:34

Hello!

honeysucklejasmine Sat 16-May-15 17:25:55

Place marking for stalking purposes.

Looking I love Cardiff, went to uni there.

oneyorkshirepud Sat 16-May-15 17:29:43

Herrow!

Name: Pud
DCs: 2 fur balls and a raspberry sized Christmas Pud.
First scan: 1st June, Eep!
Current activity: Only waking up to eat.

Purpleball Sat 16-May-15 17:31:29

Hurray for new fred smile

DulcetMoans Sat 16-May-15 17:39:37

I'm in here now, hi!! Did tee bring Krispie cakes for us?

In those circumstances I would move mountain, soon if you can to iron out any issues. Is it easy to do?

Good party pixie?

batfish Sat 16-May-15 17:42:52

Name: bat
DC: Growing my first - officially halfway tomorrow, eeeeek!!

purple I'm doing accountancy exams (ACCA) and yup you're right they do suck! God knows how this studying lark will work with a baby! Planning to take the next session (Dec exams) off and hoping I might be able to sit 1 next June, I usually do 2. I enjoy the work and don't find it that challenging but the exams are soooo hard and soooo dull!

LaLaLaaaa Sat 16-May-15 17:43:53

Hello viroids! Shiny new Fred well done chat!

cym should we have our Pom poms ready? Good thing you didn't do that long journey, I hope everything's ok. Can you rest and have a bath to see if that relaxes you a bit?

Antenatal class was good this morning- Mr La enjoyed it which I didn't expect. Also met a couple who are in our nct group and they were lovely.

Just had weird conversation with my DM and I don't know if iabu. She has gone a bit nuts buying for baby. I don't live near her and she's coming start of June to visit. She keeps buying stuff that I'd rather buy myself- cot bedding for example. I've tried to be positive and say thank you and perhaps could she buy clothes for baby instead? She bought an insect net for buggy and I've just had to tell her we've got one with the buggy already. So she'll have to take it bac. Trying desperately not to be mean as its just enthusiasm but I wish she'd just ask what we want.

Anyway so she's a bit obsessed with jojo maman Bebe and everything comes from there which is lovely but the mat clothes are just not 'me' and every time she gives me something I feel terrible because I know I'll never wear it. Lots of big patterned dresses that make me feel huge. I'm a bit more of a new look or h&m kinda gal.

She's just told me she's bought me a breastfeeding scarf from there. Now I've seen these, I know it will be expensive and also that it's not my style. Firstly I can't stand being swathed in tonnes of material. Secondly I don't want to feed my baby with a massive scarf over its head. She's just given me this whole speech about how I need to respect that it can make other people uncomfortable and so bf discreetly is the best thing using one of these. She told me she was in a cafe and some elderly gentleman was upset because a lady whopped her boob out at table next to him and he asked to move. Mum felt sorry for him as 'it's his generation '.

I'm afraid that my response was I couldn't give a hoot whether feeding my baby made someone else feel uncomfortable but obviously I'm not going to just flop my boob out in public, I'd been planning to wear stretchy tops and sling so I can pull top down discreetly, but I have no intention of putting a scarf over my baby's head to make someone else feel comfortable. She said again it's a generational thing and I'm afraid I might have then said 'so was slavery and putting children up chimneys but attitudes thankfully have changed'

She says iabu and I need to 'think of other people '

Am I being a dick about this?

LaLaLaaaa Sat 16-May-15 18:06:50

Reading back through last bit of old fred...

toast Ive got 4 nct classes of (2 hours each) plus nct bf session (all day!) and I've got 1 hospital antenatal class (4 hours) and 1 bf session (3 hours)

I don't own a washing basket...we have a laundry basket in corner of room that things get thrown into when dirty, is that same thing? Once a week I empty it and do 1 coloured wash and 1 white. So beginning of week it's clear again. I don't iron - just hang stuff straight and let it dry like that.

Mmmmm..krispie cakes

mountain I would move if it's going to make things easier and less hassle for you

Added you all to the stats page, thanks for keeping a very statistically anal viroid happy grin

DulcetMoans Sat 16-May-15 18:09:46

I will join in the MIL rant before the BF AIBU la (which you're not!). Why do they feel he need to buy so much, and stupid things?! After having a blow out a few weeks ago about her buying thing, ending in is both crying, round there this morning she tells me 'don't bother buying nappies as she has bought a bulk'. Things were going much better but finding out she has wipes and nappies has near tipped me over the edge. Mainly because 1. She knows out plan to do reusables 2. If we can't do reusables I want to decide what we do use 3. Don't tell me what I can't buy!

Re: BF, of course some people will find it uncomfortable but so long as you are respectful and not slapping your nipples across their face then it is there issues to deal with! Sounds like she might be uncomfortable with it, do you think?

Purpleball Sat 16-May-15 18:19:42

It's a tricky one. No one wants to be ungrateful, but surely it should be your choice what you need.

I'm a bit concerned about what to buy and what we will get bought.
I don't want people to waste their money on stuff we already have or don't need/want.

I did a baby wishlist on Amazon which if you use the Amazon toolbar you can add things from any website you like. It might be an idea to do that and give them access.

I do think buying disposable nappies when you plan to use reusable is out of order though and I'd be telling her to take them back. However if you change your mind after the event, don't tell her!

Purpleball Sat 16-May-15 18:22:04

La I'm totally with you on the BF scarf too. I've seen people use them and I think it's a hideous idea. Nobody sits there with their norks out. I plan to practice being discreet before I leave the house. I usually have a cardigan or a scarf on so if I did feel self conscious then I'd just pull it around a bit, but I'm still not feeding a baby under cover! If people don't like it then look somewhere else ffs!

DulcetMoans Sat 16-May-15 18:26:20

(Seen my own grammatically error of 'there' instead of 'their'. I want to acknowledge it so you know it's not me being an idiot!)

ToriB34 Sat 16-May-15 19:44:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cymraes17 Sat 16-May-15 20:10:33

In hosp. Having contractions,but no pain. Waiting fo dr to see me. Time will tell.....

Purpleball Sat 16-May-15 20:31:08

Oooh Cym, I've got my pom-poms out smile

Tori, hope you get your induction tomorrow and it all goes ok smile

Excited about new babies now. Wish I could fast forward the next 4 months grin I want to meet my baby now I'm not known for patience

DulcetMoans Sat 16-May-15 20:32:09

Babies galore!

Did DH make it back to be with you cym?

Great to see you! Are you booked in tomorrow tori?

ToriB34 Sat 16-May-15 20:35:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

teejayem Sat 16-May-15 20:38:28

Found you!

lordy it's all happening! cym I've got my Pom poms out, hope you're okay, did dh make it back? X
tori fx for you lovely, I am hoping they will have mercy on me in 10 days and do the same, being in pain all the time really takes the shine off it, I totally understand! Xx

<hands out Rice Krispie cakes>. Actually, I can't. I made some and ate all of them. I might do white choc ones tomorrow. Sorry girls....

dulcet I had exactly the same with mil and the fucking, fucking nappies. I'd done lots of research and decided I wanted to try a few different ones, try reuseables and biodegradables, plus the smell of a certain brand I just can't stand - there is a chemical plant not a million miles away from here and they make the absorbent goo that goes in pampers. If the wind blows a particular way you can smell it, and it's fucking horrid. Plus.. Chemicals generally! Guess what she bulk bought us...? I was really upset at the time too, I know ultimately they are just for shitting in, but I sympathise with the feeling of wanting to buy for YOUR baby and feeling like it's being taken away! Have an extra rice Krispy cake smile
la you are absolutely not being a dick. It's so hard to try and spin interference or unwanted stuff into them just being excited and wanting to help or be kind. mil has told me a million times I shouldn't be surprised if I can't bf, has sent me loads of articles about women's that can't, and then are suicidal and god knows what. I understand she sees a lot of ladies at work that struggle, and I am trying to convince myself she is only trying to help me not feel bad if I can't, but fuck me does she go about it the wrong way! (Ie buying formula and a heap of the related equipment in spite of us saying no for now). In terms of the mat wear.... eBay.....? Anything she's bought me or the baby that I didn't like (I wuv my nanny so much outfits etc) I've just not taken the tags off, and without sounding wildly ungrateful, I will prob return or eBay. IMHO you may as well wear a neon sign saying you've got your tits out if you're wearing a bf scarf... You also should have an extra rice Krispy cake.
We did the wish list too purple and have tapered off buying anymore clothes for the last few weeks as I think we might end up with a few bits when he turns up. I've told my mum and attempted to tell mil where we have some 'gaps' in clothes, as in sleep suits for 6mnth + etc, and no more really tiny things as we are okay for them... We'll see what happens... As Mr tee said if people want to spend their money on him, then we should let them....

Is it a bit tragic that I am excited about potting my hanging baskets tomorrow? I've got everything ready so I can sit at the kitchen table and get all green fingered. smile

teejayem Sat 16-May-15 20:39:51

Also anyone heard from before? Did I miss her? doesn't want to be at top of list and is very aware of surrounding viroids about to give birth

LaLaLaaaa Sat 16-May-15 20:50:58

Oooooh pom poms out, cleaned and ready to go!

Good luck to both of you cym and tori it looks like a new grads baby may be here this week smile

tori try to rest as much as you can, even if you can't sleep. Good luck!

cym is your dh still on his night out? Or have you asked him to come and be with you? Hope you're not on your own - sending you an unmumsnetty hug x

Thanks for the comments on my dm's bf stance! dulcet I agree that it's disrespectful of your mil to not listen when you've said you'll be using reusables and buy you disposables. I know she's trying to be helpful but please mils and dms of the world - LISTEN to the wishes of the new mum! I phoned my dm back to apologise for sounding ungrateful and again reiterated that it would be lovely if she could help with some clothes and things - and perhaps she might like to ring me to check if she sees something she'd really like to buy, as then I can let her know if we already have one or not and save her having to take things back. She seemed fine with that!

She also told me she thinks I'm having a boy. I kept my mouth shut...

Forgot to say good luck with exam revision bat!

Just been looking at changing bags. Off to Purley Way tomorrow to do some baby shopping and I want a nice bag - I've discovered the new Babymel Zahra in teal which matches my pram....oooooooh! I'm going to look for some reviews online. Otherwise it will likely be the STorksak Nina but I dont feel too inspired by the colours.

Questions for you mums/experts:

Cellular blankets - how many do I need?
Fitted sheets - ditto?
Bumpers or no bumpers? I'd read they are bad and carry suffocation/strangulation risk. Is this scaremongering or true?
Humidifiers - necessary or extra expense?
Swaddle things - are Swaddle pods the best idea?
Sleeping bags - how many? I have 1 for 0-6 months and 3 second hand ones from 6-12 months (all Gro bags)
Bodysuits/sleepsuits/vests - how many?

Starting to think about the little bitty things now that the big things are bought and have realised I don't actually know what I'm doing!

Indigoblue2 Sat 16-May-15 20:59:38

Ooh cym and tori it's a race!!! Good luck to both of you smile

I was also wondering about before, has anyone heard..?

la thanks for asking about those things, all questions I will benefit from hearing the answer to!

LaLaLaaaa Sat 16-May-15 21:01:57

eats imaginary rice krispie cake because tee ate them all - harrumph!

Oooh - I forgot to say there was a lady at my antenatal class from my exercise class too, she's my favourite one as we stand at the back and giggle, so it was lovely to have her there.

tee aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh for mil woes!!! Mine is very nice but I have said to dh why the heck have NONE of your family offered to buy anything for this baby?? My dm bought the snuzpod and my bro and sil have bought us a mobile and Sophie La Giraffe. My sil (yes her of the week long stay), mil and her dh and my fil and his dw have offered to buy us diddly squat. I know you shouldn't expect stuff but c'mon - mil is currently on luxury holiday, sil is just back from luxury holiday and about to go running away from her problems travelling and fil likely just hasn't thought about it.

Some of the New Look and jojo maman stuff has the tags on still so I'll try ebaying them. I asked my dm AGES ago to stop buying me mat stuff. It's all big swirly patterns, voluminous and made for someone about 15 years older than me in maturity. I'm a bit of a leggings and t-shirt or perhaps stretchy top and skirt for work sort.

Pampers are meant to be a bit pants aren't they? We are going for Aldi finest! I was going to try reusables but we have tiny house and no tumble dryer so they would end up draped all over radiators making house all steamy.

Green fingered excitement understandable (especially if you're Shrek) tee - I just weeded back garden, complete with lots of grunts and old man groans as I heaved my bulk down to reach the weeds and heaved myself back up. I must've sounded special brand of constipated to anyone in earshot.

Right - I'm off to soak in the bath. I've only had one bath this whole pregnancy coz I'm so paranoid about baby temperature, but midwife today told me to have one. (I dont smell or anything, I'd told her I was a bit achy)

before popped on a few weeks ago to say hi - I don't think she uses MN that much anymore, but she let us know she was ok.

By the way if any of you new ladies want to join the secret facebook group just PM me the email address you use for Facebook and I'll send you an invitation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now