Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2015 #3 - riding out the first trimester!!

(1000 Posts)
ChandlersFarang Wed 13-May-15 06:55:55

Noticed we were getting a bit full in the last thread! Roll up, roll up for more scanning, puking, worrying and other distractions to take us through the first trimester! grin

shinysparklythings Wed 13-May-15 06:58:48

Place marking smile

cantthinkofaname87 Wed 13-May-15 07:18:40

Good luck today wifey and honey.

chandlers - after being really sick yesterday I've also woken up feeling fine this morning and it has got me really worried! Can anyone who has done this all before reassure is that this is normal?!

Metalhead Wed 13-May-15 07:44:08

Checking in, and wishing wifey and honey good luck with your scans today.

Thanks for the new thread chandler. Might be good to fill the old one up and post a link to this one?

ChandlersFarang Wed 13-May-15 08:15:09

Sure thing re: link to new one, Metal! Am operating from my phone only so can't post any links I don't think. Which I also realised means I didn't paste the EDD spreadsheet with all our names in it!! Sorry all, a poor attempt at organising our chat admin!! confusedgrin

Yes I too would bloody love some reassurance from some experienced preggos that waking up feeling totally normal at 8+4 is not something to worry about!! #majoroverreactionalert

Sweets27 Wed 13-May-15 08:30:28

Hello everyone! Just checking in, back from my little trip away - been catching up on everyone's latest. How exciting that we're on a new bus already, thanks chandlers. Just think, this one'll take us through our 12 week scans! (Unless we get even chattier before then...)

Good luck today wifey and honey, woo be thinking of you. Let us know how it goes.

I've got a scan too, to check on my crazy big cyst. Nice to have an excuse to see the bean too, and check whether it's doing ok smile

Hope everyone else is doing ok today. Flora, I meant to say before, sorry work is horrid at the moment. Just remember your health and you're little bean are far more important right now, so look after yourself first and foremost. It's a lesson I'm having to remind myself about too, as I've been having a fairly stressful time at work and am really not enjoying it - just need to keep some perspective and try not to let it get you down! flowers

Withalittlesparkle Wed 13-May-15 08:44:09

Ladies as a second timer I can 100% assure you that symptoms coming and going is very normal. I remember with DC1 I was about 8 or 9 weeks and my symptoms completely disappeared for two days, I cried because I thought that was it, then BAM, they came back and stuck around till about 20 weeks!!

Oh and also your worrying? Yeah that's totally normal too. You're doing something you've never done before, it doesn't mirror the stuff you've read and you feel wildly unprepared but you'll get through it and then you'll hold your newborn in your arms and you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

FlorIxora Wed 13-May-15 09:06:35

Morning (and evening) all.

First of all, massive fx for Happy and Honey. So sorry you're going through this rough time. I am hoping it's all just a scare and your beans will be ok. xxx

Does anyone know how things turned out for Magickal? Also haven't heard from poor Haribo and her suspected HG.

Chandlers Thank you for the new thread.

afloat I would have no idea how to set up a FB page. Should we wait for your return from your mad hiking holiday (i.e. Afloat's OH pushing her tush up hills for 10 days grin)

sweets you are completely right. Bean & my health must come first. I am waiting for something financial to unlock after which I will be much more relaxed about taking unpaid sick leave (we get 5 whole days here sad )

Jebel How are things with work/not work?

Can anyone explain why I can't seem to be able to finish my healthy porridge sweetened only with dried raisins, but I can wolf down a pain au chocolat no problem?

Re eating, just can't stop. I am constantly stuffing my face. I have a strong preference for junk and the only food aversion I have is eggs.

So told MIL last night, I was a bit underwhelmed by her reponse. She was happy but not as happy as when we got engaged. And same as my mum, she suspected something. (I know I am being completely unrealistic and unreasonable to expect people to be over the moon happy and shed tears, but, eh, I'm pregnant and hormonal...)

Sparkle It is great having 2nd and 3rd timers on this thread. I think if all the first timers were left to their own device they'd probably ruin themselves in scans and their health in mad worry. I am especially looking forward to the early weeks support. smile

orangemouth281 Wed 13-May-15 09:08:19

Thinking of wifey and honey today. I am so nervous for my scan today, wish I had booked it for an earlier time!

Metalhead Wed 13-May-15 09:16:20

chandler I've filled up the old thread. As for the stats page, I think that needed a lot of updating anyway, but I don't know how to do one of those spreadsheets. Would it be easier if everyone just gave their stats again and then we can compile them into a list and post them here?

ineedsomeinspiration Wed 13-May-15 09:20:57

Morning all, thanks for new thread.

Good luck to all those having scans today.

Anyone started to think about birth options yet? I'm seriously tempted by a home birth but oh and my mum not at all sure.

Withalittlesparkle Wed 13-May-15 09:23:23

Inspiration i shall be opting for another midwife led centre but haven't settled on which one. Not sure I could handle a home birth, paper thin walls and easily irritated neighbours wouldn't make for a relaxing experience

Metalhead Wed 13-May-15 09:36:02

I'll be asking for either an ELCS or guaranteed early epidural this time. One all-natural birth was enough for me...

orangemouth281 Wed 13-May-15 09:41:33

The hospital I gave birth in last time no longer has a maternity unit so I need to arrange some visits to choose another one. I'm tempted by a MLU but needed a doctor for a forceps delivery last time so it would depend on the transfer time to the nearest hospital.

afloat Wed 13-May-15 09:44:59

I would also love a hypno home birth, but will probably try for a standalone birth centre near where we live. It has hospital transfer rates on par with home births, though, so we'll see. I think that if I have to be induced I'll go the other way and get an epidural; I've heard too many stories of the pain. I have found it interesting to read lots and lots of birthing stories, to see how outcomes are unpredictable and so variable.

WaitingForEgg Wed 13-May-15 09:52:20

Indeed I am leaning towards hospital. I have a birth centre here which I would love to go to (it looks beautiful), but as it's first baby, and transfer time is a bit on the longer side i'm just not sure. Haven't looked around either yet so will make my mind up then

afloat Wed 13-May-15 09:56:44

About the stats spreadsheet, I'm not sure what to do. Unfortunately, toadie was nicely managing the stats but she dropped out. Here is the link:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MwIsjB2KAn0LF8b7WJJOEUxkr2B4Qa2R43KIMTVSh9E/edit?usp=sharing

Someone can copy the data and start a new spreadsheet (I'm happy to do this), but for updating the stats there are two options: (1) Someone has to take responsibility for it (I'm not consistent enough I think!) or (2) we make it so that anyone can edit. Since this is open to the public, there's some risk in the second option, but I'd be inclined to hope that people don't mess with it.

What do you guys think?

abi2790 Wed 13-May-15 10:28:48

Good luck today honey & happy.

Afloat I was induced last time and I've decided this time baby can stay in there as long as it wants as there's no way I'm being induced again! Obviously everybody is different but I found it horrific and after coping so well with contractions throughout the day within a couple of hours of induction I was begging for an epidural! I am planning on a home birth this time which the midwife was very happy about. It's my booking in tomorrow so will have lots of questions about having a home birth!

TheBabyFacedAssassin Wed 13-May-15 10:30:31

Morning All! Thanks for setting up the new thread Chandler!

Thinking of honey and wifey today too. Really hope there is a positive update!

Forgot to say yesterday - I'm also up for a secret fb group.

Birth options - I will just deliver in the same hospital as last time. The midwives and doctors were fab there. I suppose I am classed as high risk though so I probably wouldn't have much choice!

Afloat You are a braver woman than I going on a 10 day hiking trip...even not pregnant that would be my idea of hell!

Can't remember who talked about eating ALL the food. Yup - me too. And it is actually giving me a bit of anxiety because since last July I have lost 2.5 stone and now I am so scared of the weight creeping on again. Though for me eating is the only thing that staves off the nausea! I tried those sea bands but I don't really think they work to be honest. And they're not exactly discreet unless you can wear long sleeves all the time!

And in other news my digestive system is grinding to a halt again! It was bad at the start, sorted itself out and now its back to not really doing anything. So I'm fairly bloated and uncomfortable ugh.

Here's to Wednesday brew

Jodiesaurus Wed 13-May-15 10:43:53

Very sorry guys I'm
Shocking at keeping up with everybody and this thread is moving fast. Very sorry to read about the problems some are facing and I hope you have positive scans such a stressful time. Nice to also see others having great first scans.

Nothing to report hear apart from being tired and sick 12 weeks scan appointment on 8th June going to take 2 hours apparently as they do your bloods for downs etc whilst your there u suppose at least it's all done there and then!

I would be up for secret FB group but maybe after 12 week scan?

X

ineedsomeinspiration Wed 13-May-15 11:34:04

That was me who said about constantly eating. I've not been as hungry today weirdly.

I went to a mlu last time and the place was lovely and it's in the hospital but every time I got to the hospital my contractions stopped, every time I got home they started again. This went on from Thursday night till they kept me in on the Saturday which is one of the reasons I'm thinking of staying at home. Other reason is I hated being on the ward after and just wanted to go home. Horrible trying to breastfeed when you keep getting interrupted.

FlorIxora Wed 13-May-15 11:34:07

Re birth, my plan is to not make a plan. I am making a map instead. I have chosen Chelsea & Westminster because the unaided birth to complaints ratio was good + they have NICU on site etc. I may hate it when I visit in 10 days, in which case I'll weigh my options again.

So the map idea would go something like that:

- if the birth starts naturally and baby is happy, then I would like to be given the opportunity to just get on with it (move around, bath, gas and air, positions I choose).

- if baby becomes distresses, then x, y, z solutions.

- if baby is late, doesn't engage etc then I would like an ELCS. (Further research needed but it seems to me that inductions never go well, intervention rate is high etc. I will research further before making mind up. I am also aware NHS is super stingy about handing out ELCS)

- if all hell breaks lose, then f*ck the above maps, I’d want the docs to get the baby out safely and try and not damage my bits too much in the process. (I think I have read too many horror stories of lifelong incontinence L )

A few of my friends were dead set on their big plans and they really struggled when none of it happened. So I don’t want to set myself up for that. I think all we can do all do is be as healthy as our crappy symptoms allow, and let life do the rest. One of the above mentioned friend was super healthy (bit thin even) and it still didn’t go as wished (outcome was/is a beautiful thriving baby thankfully).

I’ll still sign up for the ante natal yoga and the hyno-birthing classes, because I want to control my apprehension, mind and breathing, but I’m trying to be realistic and accept that I won’t be in charge of my body.

MarkingMyPlace9 Wed 13-May-15 12:08:15

Urgh, sickness has really set in for me now! I've been struggling for yhe last few Days. My 12 Week Scan is in 3 Weeks and 6 Days! Seems so long away, but I have a Week away in the UK inbetween then and now, so it should go quick! I was contemplating a Home Birth, but as DS ended up in EMCS, I don't think I wanna risk it. But I deff aint being induced again, I'd rather have a Section again than that!! Hope every one is having a good Day

happywifey Wed 13-May-15 13:26:32

Hi All thanks for all the good wishes. Unfortunately, it is bad news . No heartbeat again. Bean measures 8 weeks though so Working out the dates heart must have stopped on Monday or even yesterday. I Am heartbroken.

I will be leaving you all now for the MC thread but I just want to wish you all the best of luck in your pregnancies. Although I have not talked on here much I have been following everyone's stories and this thread has given me so much encouragement and support so thank you ladies. I hope everyone has happy healthy babies in December. xxx

TheBabyFacedAssassin Wed 13-May-15 13:29:14

Oh Wifey I am so sorry to hear that.
Be kind to yourself flowers

This thread is not accepting new messages.