Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The September crew fly through to the second trimester, baby bumps galore! :) (Thread 7)

(958 Posts)
Treaclepie19 Mon 23-Mar-15 15:33:45

Stats sheet here

THEworrywart Mon 23-Mar-15 15:38:57

Is anyone else having a Caesarian? This has probaby been mentioned previously but I've never seen it mentioned.

Choccyhobnob Mon 23-Mar-15 15:44:36

Woohoo! Thread 7! A nice way to start it off, I've just had my text telling me my Harmony results have come back 1:10000 smile phew!

worry I'm sure someone must be having an elective C section but I can't remember who!

Treaclepie19 Mon 23-Mar-15 15:48:56

Great news choccy!!! smile
Mine could take another 3 weeks to come sad

misssmilla1 Mon 23-Mar-15 15:50:33

choccy great news, it's such a relief!

DoreenWinkings Mon 23-Mar-15 15:50:46

I am having an (hopefully) elective section worry. Had a crash section last time and DD was born with a very low platelet count (blood didn't clot at all) so a natural birth would have been disasterous for her.

My midwife did give me a "no reason you can't have a natural birth" spiel along with a hopeful face but since there's no way of knowing whether this baby will have the same issue there's no way I am risking it and I am apparently weird and have absolutely no desire for a natural birth, none, the very idea of it horrifies me

DoreenWinkings Mon 23-Mar-15 15:51:55

Oh and I was Tallalime but I Terry Prachett NC'd grin

THEworrywart Mon 23-Mar-15 15:54:09

Doreen some midwife's are annoying a midwife said to me 'you should have a natural birth in my opinion' and my consultant said 'there's no way on earth I'm allowing you to have a natural birth it's not happening it's not safe for you'

I'm scared about either though to be fair!

Great news choccy!

enviousllama Mon 23-Mar-15 16:25:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

shinjuku09 Mon 23-Mar-15 16:26:58

Think Guavasforbreakfast is having a c section

sauvblanc21 Mon 23-Mar-15 16:40:00

Great news choccy smile

Doreen and worry - your posts made me giggle. Worry - deffo follow consultant! Doreen - love your nod to the incredible Sir Prat chert - I'm re-reading The Colour of Magic as we speak smile

Anyone had / considered having a water birth? Something about it really appeals to me...

sauvblanc21 Mon 23-Mar-15 16:41:14

*Pratchett!!!

shinjuku09 Mon 23-Mar-15 16:49:35

Marking place!

Wanted water birth last time sauv but it wasn't to be. Will aim for one this time if not consultant-led

THEworrywart Mon 23-Mar-15 16:51:38

I'm sure someone said they're considering a water birth I know someone who had one recently and said they would chose that again sauv

Whatabout Mon 23-Mar-15 16:53:23

I booked a home birth last time and a pool. My waters broke and then I went into a long on off labour so was forced into hospital and into monitors and drips. Was awful for my existing spinal and pelvic issues and so I had an EPi.

I'm seeing a consultant at the start of May so will be discussing an ELCS due to my back and pelvis.

Choccyhobnob Mon 23-Mar-15 16:53:48

I would like a waterbirth but am obviously aware that anything can happen (and given that I thought I was going to die from cramp pain at 5 weeks I'm not holding out much hope for my pain threshold! Think I will be begging for an epidural after half an hour!) lol

THEworrywart Mon 23-Mar-15 16:56:34

Choccy my pain threshold is ridiculously low I always thought it was high but after recent cramps I'm clearly very wrong!
Red heads apparently feel more pain though so I'll blame my hair colour!

Excitingtimesahead Mon 23-Mar-15 16:57:16

I had a very quick labour in the pool with my ds. First contraction to holding my gorgeous ds 3hrs.

Hoping for home water birth, all going to plan.

Bippidee Mon 23-Mar-15 17:00:05

Marking place. I noticed on zulily today that Dr brown's bottles are on sale there, if that's any use to anyone?

misssmilla1 Mon 23-Mar-15 17:22:16

I suspect I'm going to be flat on my back hooked up to machines aplenty, which is not my first choice. Midwife led care here is not covered by most insurance plans and the approach to childbirth seems to be unnecessarily medicalised. On the plus side, I'm hoping if I want drugs and pain relief, there should be plenty on hand!

DeladionInch Mon 23-Mar-15 17:24:39

brew

Snowflake15 Mon 23-Mar-15 17:34:27

Id like a a water birth, a bath makes me feel so much better so I'm hoping water birth would be the same <wishful thinking>

ambientolf Mon 23-Mar-15 17:48:38

Place marking.

I want a water birth too! It looks amazing on One Born x

Fluffin Mon 23-Mar-15 17:56:31

Marking my place too! Aiming for a natural birth, but my mom had to have c sections for a variety of reasons, so if something comes up and its needed I'm not going to be heartbroken.

On another note, had a tantrum this morning (again) as all my work clothes make me feel very round - they look the same, just feel wrong! Be nice when there's a proper bump (and not a Ben and Jerry's podge)!

Toffeegirl39 Mon 23-Mar-15 18:01:02

worry I'm potentially going for elective c as had one last time, midwife recommended it, then
Consultant looked overjoyed when I said I'd like to trt and see if I go into labour naturally. Thought he'd say the same as mw so was quite surprised. Change my mind daily though and have decided to just keep am open mind.
Programmes like OBEM don't help with decision making, but my worst case scenario is long induction then EC. So going to try and avoid that at all costs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now